No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Cincinnati Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The CBI still exists. North Texas won it last year. Wyoming in 2017. The CBI has the $50k entry fee. I don't know if the CBI excludes any conferences as the CIT does. North Texas is a CUSA team which is excluded from the CUSA. Wyoiming is MWC and 2 A-10 teams also played in 2017. In 2015 Colorado out of the PAC 12 participated. In 2014 Oregon State, Penn State and Texas A&M participated. No current member of the AAC has played as a member of the AAC. Houston (2013 & 2009 & 2008), UCF (2011) and Tulsa (2008) participated as CUSA members. Cincinatti played in the inaugural 2008 CBI as a member of the Big East losing to Bradley in the 1st round. Tulsa won the 2008 CBI.

The CIT still exists as well. Northern Colorado wan it last year. St. Peters in 2018. However, teams from the P-5, AAC, A-10, Big East, CUSA and Mountain West are generally not eligible.

At this point the these tournaments are decidedly targeting the mid-major and low-major teams.

I suppose it would still be possible for an AAC team to play in the CBI. I think SMU turned down an invitation last year. Most likely the Shockers would decline but you never know for sure I guess. If the Shockers were to play in the CBI I would hope they would do so sans the seniors. Nothing against MM or SHJ but if this is to benefit the youngsters than let them play without the seniors.

Comment

• KBShocker
      KBShocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Then what would you call 23rd in the league in scoring average? Or 13th in 3 pt shots made?

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
    Good for Dexter getting the Double Double. Covered the spread at least. What happened to SHJ. He had put together a good streak of games, but now the last 3 he's been getting worse, with today possibly being the bottom.
    SHJ is the perfect Valley player. He would have league leading stats against that level of competition.
    However, he just doesn't have AAC level talent and when he goes against such, really, really struggles. It's actually hard to watch him attempt to match up with the level UC and UH teams possess. More PT for the frosh would be a better use of time instead of an overmatched JuCo player.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
      Torres played one of his better games
      When you consider that JB, ES, and SHJ shot a combine total of 4 for 27 from the field I would say RT 2 for 7 was better. So yeah he did play one of his better games. He didn't have his normal assits but he didn't turn it over either. It goes without saying that our entire team"'s guard play from a shooting standpoint was not good.

Comment

• Thought all the centers played well for the most part. AM had the best game of his career, at times showing some ability to protect the basket. I hope it's not just because outsider of Cumberland Cincinnati is pretty inept inside. Think DD is gradually on his way to being a force. Still think it would be beneficial to replace 2 or 3 players with upgrades.

The difference between winning and losing can be very fine at this level. With the new players that already will be playing next year and a couple more upgrades, next year has the potential to be fun.

Comment

• AM is improving very fast. I am very encouraged. He kept the ball high and jammed it with authority every chance he got.

Markis got caught trying to do too much several times.

Dexter was money tonight.

This team will make it to the NIT and will likely win it.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• If WSU is even close to the NIT bubble, they will make it.

Why? Because Shocker fans will buy tickets.
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Goodness. Half of that prediction is fairly unremarkable, but the other half is asking quite a bit from a team with as many guys who can disappear as this one has.

Comment

• shock
                shock commented
                Editing a comment
                Gregg has a good track record in the NIT at WSU. I would not bet against him or this team in the post season. They have come sooo far and are starting to hit their stride.

• Originally posted by shock View Post
              AM is improving very fast. I am very encouraged. He kept the ball high and jammed it with authority every chance he got.

Markis got caught trying to do too much several times.

Dexter was money tonight.

All three of the big men had a good game although JE wasn't scoring baskets (0-3).

Combined Line: 4-9 FG / 9-9 FT / 13 O Reb / 25 T Reb / 1 assist / 2 TO / 6 blocks / 17 points.

Comment

• NIT would be a blessing at this point... At this point winning the AAC tourney is not out of the question either with this team... Just depends on the weather

Comment

• I think we should be a solid NIT pick. But I still have hope that this team can catch fire in March and win the AAC tourney. Keep the streak alive! I loved seeing Wichita State next to those big power 5 schools yesterday when they showed the longest NCAA tourney streaks!
                  Shocker Alumni
                  Shocker Club Soccer alumni
                  Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                    NIT would be a blessing at this point... At this point winning the AAC tourney is not out of the question either with this team... Just depends on the weather
                    I wish I had your optimism...love the way the team is trending, but Houston is a WHOLE 'nother beast....

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                      NIT would be a blessing at this point... At this point winning the AAC tourney is not out of the question either with this team... Just depends on the weather
                      they play it indoors

Comment

• Asbjorn and Poor Bear were 4 of 6 from the field. All 4 baskets were the result of an offensive rebound. Not one was assisted. I hope this gets fixed next year.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• 1. Since we are always in foul trouble, 10 guys ain't enough
                          2. Chandler can play at this level
                          3. SHJ......well.....
                          4, Emporia is lookin at Brown
                          5. Cronin is upset about the boards, I bet
                          6, the Valley announcers were better
                          7. I'd like to see us in NIT, gotta win 18-19
                          8. Pleasantly surprised with AM
                          9. Erik must be able to shoot or...
                          10. Keep shavin, not done shavin

Comment

• BOBB
                            BOBB commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Mitch Holtus is terrific

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                          Asbjorn and Poor Bear were 4 of 6 from the field. All 4 baskets were the result of an offensive rebound. Not one was assisted. I hope this gets fixed next year.
                          Maybe it's a trust issue but we throw it to the post less than any team I can recall...

Comment

• wufan
                            wufan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Ragland refuses to throw it to Stutz.
                        Working...
                        X