Wichita State at Cincinnati Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
    No amount of coaching can keep players from turning the ball over, missing open shots and giving up offensive rebounds...that’s on the players
    What do we do during practice?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      Jack up threes would be my guess

• Also, Cincy effort level is higher than ours. AM only guy I see putting in 110%

Comment

• I'm so tired of SHJ and his me first attitude on offense. He's never seen a big man he thought he should throw the ball to

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
        No amount of coaching can keep players from turning the ball over, missing open shots and giving up offensive rebounds...that’s on the players
        So coaches arent responsible for teaching those things in practice? And recruiting guys that maybe have a little basketball IQ? Maybe changing things during the game when other things arent working?

Coaches deserve plenty blame also
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• shockerfan
          shockerfan commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for mentioning that. Yet ANOTHER coaches responsibility. Get your guys ready to play!

• 1979Shocker
          1979Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          The best case scenario for SHJ on that play would have been a blocking foul, so he made the correct choice.

• LoneStar48
          LoneStar48 commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe so, 1979Shocker, but I thought he had time to set up and take the charge. Different perspectives

• Strange to me how Asbjorn gets his head ripped off no matter what he does, yet SHJ gets a free pass for blatantly stupid decisions time after time.

Comment

• Dan
          Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          Coach probably doesn’t wanna set off his anxiety

• shoxlax
          shoxlax commented
          Editing a comment
          That was a chicken **** post Dan. Blame his game, his bad shots, whatever but lose the personal bs.

• Dan
          Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          You think i’m joking? Different people respond to different coaching techniques

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
        RB, just not seeing it. RT, same thing
        if you’re looking for additional scholly options, look no further than here.

Comment

• 4 points in last 9 minutes
          21% shooting
          out rebounded by 7
          not going to get it done.

Comment

• Dennis has had 3 or 4 open looks and missed. Torres is okay for 1-2 minutes but we are not the same team with JB in the game. If we could rebound out of a zone I would stay stick with it, but we seem to be unable to check anybody out when we are guarding space.

Rod Brown makes Rashard and Evan look like Steph Curry.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoneStar48 View Post
              I'm so tired of SHJ and his me first attitude on offense. He's never seen a big man he thought he should throw the ball to
              JUCO caliber player that we're stuck with.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurley View Post
                Strange to me how Asbjorn gets his head ripped off no matter what he does, yet SHJ gets a free pass for blatantly stupid decisions time after time.
                SHJ is a senior. He can do whatever he wants. Loyalty.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  I bet Rod Brown looks good in the gym. Not so much the gymnasium
                  Rod Brown gives us nothing. I had hope for him. But he is no threat offensively, he doesn't dribble well, and not strong enough to play the 4 position.

Comment

• shoxlax
                    shoxlax commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He is a 6-7 PF lacking weight playing in a mans league. Good kid and teammate but unless you can push people around at that height inside you will struggle.

• We need more guys wiling to drive and dish...

Comment

• Our defense is good enough, sans the rebounding. If we can come out and actually make a few shots early we may have a shot.

Normally, I would say averages say we should shoot much better in the 2nd half, but.... i dunno. We aren't getting any shots at the rim, so that will need to change.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• The defense at least wasn’t horrific

Comment

• So who is going to take up MMs scoring next season? By committee?

Comment

Working...
                        X