No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Tulane Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doc and/or other fans. What time in the game did all of this stuff start going down, if I may ask?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      2nd half when I first noticed it, around the point we went up 20, I think 68-48 or so? Kept going on until the lead was down to 10 or 9, maybe a bit longer. Guessing the person in the stands left around the 515 mark left in the game.

• Jeffrey Korchek
      Jeffrey Korchek commented
      Editing a comment
      Gregg is who he is and this is part of that, but doesn’t it seem not so great that all of this continued while our team reverted back to some bad habits and got its lead cut in half?

• ShockerFever
      ShockerFever commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Doc.

Some reports say the guy was an Ex shocker team manager. I can not verify however.

Comment

1. The Green Wave is not very good.
      2. Not a very handsome group of lads, either.
      3. AM was bad. Ill, I guess.
      4. JB was really good for a while. Needs to tighten his handles tho.
      5. I missed the Coach arguing with a fan. I'm glad.
      6. Dunleavy CAN'T need the money, and it don't look like fun.
      7. Dunno, maybe Duff could be a Vinnie Johnson type.
      8. Really good minutes from Ricky.
      9. Got hungry. Bought a hot dog. $5. FML
      10. Boring game, bad crowd, small crowd (for us)

Comment

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment

• shoxlax
        shoxlax commented
        Editing a comment
        1-4 are right on.

I didn’t think the crowd was that small though.

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure where the “small crowd” observation comes from? Taylor E. mentioned it somewhere also. I thought the arena looked almost full; there weren’t many vacant seats in my section. Yes, a quiet crowd because of the opponent and sporadic play. We are a spoiled bunch of arm-chair quarterbacks. :)

P.S. Can’t believe I missed the Marshall/fan exchange. Hope someone’s working on the “Marshall We’re the Lightning Rod Family” biography. You just can’t make this kinda $hit up. On another note, not sure Jim Shaus and Gregg Marshall would have seen eye-to-eye.

The ESPN guys announced that the crowd was reported to be over 10,000 and another sell-out. This was the first time here for one of them and he indicated he was tremendously impressed with the crowd and that our facilities rank right up there with the best in the entire country...

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post

Very true. I'm out of town and so didn't see the incident, but why on earth would a coach be paying attention to buffoonery in the stands anyway? I love 3G and hope he retires a Shocker, but especially with this team -- doesn't he have enough to pay attention to ON the court?
        Because that's who he is. Good, bad, or indifferent, Gregg's ego will never let him ignore that situation. I am glad it wasn't a close game, because we was totally distracted for about 15 real minutes glaring at the guy. My immediate area in 124 were even distracted watching Gregg glaring at the guy, which took away from watching what was happening on the floor, which was us going from 20 up to 10 up in no time at all. Gregg is Gregg, but this is certainly a flaw, no doubt. Oh well....next up Cincy!!!

Comment

I don’t know much but my guess is there is somewhere around a 0% chance that HCGM initiates anytbing with a fan and there is similarly a 100% chance the fan was being a mega douche. Then the question becomes is it okay for HCGM to argue with someone who is being a mega douche. How you answer that question can go all kinds of directions.

Comment

• pinstripers
            pinstripers commented
            Editing a comment
            borderline childish to respond to a heckler

• proshox
            proshox commented
            Editing a comment
            Roy Williams has had issues with fans in the past. I am sure everyone around here thought he was a little $&@?$ for it.

• shoxlax
            shoxlax commented
            Editing a comment
            Roy Williams is a POS even if he never yelled at a fan in his life. So that comparison doesn’t make me feel bad.

What GGG does, or how he appears, when trying to prove his point, bothers me in the least.

Anyone remember when R. Smithson used to the same thing; TO HIS OWN PLAYERS? Now to see that again, under any coach, is what would bother me. I hope GGG retires here.

Comment

The only reason Dunleavy is coaching has to be because he really enjoys teaching the game to youngsters and gets a reasonable salary to do so.
            JB had a nice game up until the last few minutes when he kept getting his pocket picked, like on two consecutive plays.
            We missed a lot of offensive rebounds.
            Tulane did a god job of shutting down Markis in the second half. Or...we just couldn't find him in the offense.
            Poor Bear is an enigma. Is he Gregg's new Shaq Morris?
            Still don't have that killer instinct.
            It will be interesting to see how this team plays next Sunday at Cincy. There are times when I think we can go toe-to-toe with just about anybody in the NCAA but it's a fleeting thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
              I don’t know much but my guess is there is somewhere around a 0% chance that HCGM initiates anytbing with a fan and there is similarly a 100% chance the fan was being a mega douche. Then the question becomes is it okay for HCGM to argue with someone who is being a mega douche. How you answer that question can go all kinds of directions.
              Never argue with an idiot . They will bring you down to their level and beat you on experience.

Comment

• Good game from several of the guys last night. Played hard and played as a team. Good thing we were playing Tulane or it could have been a different story. SHJ regressed and was inconsistent. The bigs need to be smarter and stop picking up bad fouls.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
                  Some reports say the guy was an Ex shocker team manager. I can not verify however.
                  There is pictures out there on social media (Facebook I believe). Some are saying it also was ex-shocker team manager.

Comment

• What year was this said manager on the team?

Comment

• I watched the replay from just before we got the 20 point lead to the last minute of the game. Of course the camera was panning back and forth with the play, but the bench area was completely visible when on that side of the court. During the time we went from 20 to only 10 up, HCGM was always visible, watching the play, or getting someone from the bench to go in. He usually came into view early (beyond the bench) when we got position of the ball and headed to our end. Only one time did I see him head to the far end of our bench and that was on a play where they had gotten position of the ball on our end and headed down court. He was visible coaching on our return to our end.

There was a time after we started to build the lead back up, around 3:30 left in the game, that he had his back to the play and looked like he was peering beyond the bench. I tried my best to pay attention on what he was doing anytime I had the ability to see him when I should have. He must have really been picking his spots to stare the guy down as I would have never known anything going on by watching the replay. Then again, maybe I was still watching the game more than I thought I was.

Comment

• Shockm
                        Shockm commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I saw nothing on television that showed a coaching distraction either. I watched the replay with extra attention and he seemed to be coaching hard the entire time.

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      I watched the replay from just before we got the 20 point lead to the last minute of the game. Of course the camera was panning back and forth with the play, but the bench area was completely visible when on that side of the court. During the time we went from 20 to only 10 up, HCGM was always visible, watching the play, or getting someone from the bench to go in. He usually came into view early (beyond the bench) when we got position of the ball and headed to our end. Only one time did I see him head to the far end of our bench and that was on a play where they had gotten position of the ball on our end and headed down court. He was visible coaching on our return to our end.

There was a time after we started to build the lead back up, around 3:30 left in the game, that he had his back to the play and looked like he was peering beyond the bench. I tried my best to pay attention on what he was doing anytime I had the ability to see him when I should have. He must have really been picking his spots to stare the guy down as I would have never known anything going on by watching the replay. Then again, maybe I was still watching the game more than I thought I was.
                      I would refer to those of us that were there. GGG was consistently during 15 minutes of real time peering dangerously at the guy...sometimes during the course of play. GGG peered while at the end of the bench in the middle of the bench and in the vicinity of the scorer table. Don't me wrong, I support overall GGG as our coach till he retires, but he can be as immature as players at times. This was one of those times.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                        ShockTalk commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I believe you. It's not at all out of character from what he would do.

I was there, too. Right across from the bench. However, there was nothing that caught by attention away from the game. Nor did anyone around me say anything. I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just saying that I watched the replay and no one would know by watching that. I watched from the 12 minute mark of the second half to the 1 minute mark and there was no indication that he was MIA from his coaching duties. Every time down the court, he appeared on camera and was watching the players. Like I said earlier, there were only 2 times (knowing what I was looking for) that shows upon camera.

• They may move to Intrust game to Hartman after last night.

Comment

Working...
                      X