No announcement yet.

Wichita State at ECU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical red shirt this year not possible now?

Comment

• Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
      Medical red shirt this year not possible now?
      He's played in 16 games so far. I'd think that is too many for a redshirt now. I think the rough rule is 1/3rd the games

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
        1. DD plays good D
        2. SHJ's best game except for not seeing AM wide open a couple times
        A couple of points.
        1. DD's flexibility to play on the perimeter (still a lot of room to improve) and inside with his strength in the lane on both offense and defense shows me that he has a tremendously high ceiling.
        2. SHJ has some other nice games but this one was definitely his best. But he has been so good and then not very good from one game to the next. I'm hoping he gains some inconsistency with the time we have left.

Another amazing strength of Samajae is his hesitation move. He is brilliant when he uses it, but we've had some other very good players who used the hesitation move to perfection. Remember how Malcolm Armstead used it so well during the Final 4 run, then Fred followed up his career using the hesitation move brilliantly, followed by Landry, and now Samajae. Here's to hoping that Stevenson, and JB are watching him and will use it so well in the future.

Comment

• I'd like the announcers to not only point out that yes we have 15,000 new players this year but also go ahead and announce to the world that our Strength of SCHEDULE was what #10 in the nation leading into last nights game? Bet that would surprise a lot of college basketball fans to learn that as well.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

A couple of points.
            1. DD's flexibility to play on the perimeter (still a lot of room to improve) and inside with his strength in the lane on both offense and defense shows me that he has a tremendously high ceiling.
            2. SHJ has some other nice games but this one was definitely his best. But he has been so good and then not very good from one game to the next. I'm hoping he gains some inconsistency with the time we have left.

Another amazing strength of Samajae is his hesitation move. He is brilliant when he uses it, but we've had some other very good players who used the hesitation move to perfection. Remember how Malcolm Armstead used it so well during the Final 4 run, then Fred followed up his career using the hesitation move brilliantly, followed by Landry, and now Samajae. Here's to hoping that Stevenson, and JB are watching him and will use it so well in the future.
            Please don’t put SHJ and those others in the same sentence.

SHJ had a great shooting game last night, like he normally does against bottom level competition. I’m gonna guess the same happens again on Saturday.

He had plenty of passing opportunities, notably to AM, that he just flat out ignored. Points > assists with him. As it is to most JUCO caliber players.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• moshock
              moshock commented
              Editing a comment
              A good number of passes that the players are throwing are not in the "pocket" they are having to jump some direction or slow down or speed up to catch it. That is something that FVV perfected - his passes were thrown at the right time to the right place.

These guys will get that sooner or later. Sometimes the passes are perfectly timed but aren't perfectly placed or vise versa

I'm definitely seeing progress - they are all playing harder and smarter.

Go Shox !!!

• Shockm
              Shockm commented
              Editing a comment
              C’mon man. You always go crazy on SHJ. Just lighten up for once. No he’s not perfect. Yes, he misses open men from time to time but he doesn’t ignore them. We are better off with him. If Marshall thought about him with as little regard as you do, he’d never play. He has talent and We have won games because of him too. We are better off with him than without him and I’m glad he’s a Shocker.
              Last edited by Shockm; February 7, 2019, 03:28 PM.

• pie n eye
              pie n eye commented
              Editing a comment
              moshock good point about passing. It really does feel like we’ve seen a huge improvement in that area. Passing and execution - feels like our assist to field goal ration is improving and we’re getting easier buckets out of our offense.

• For Christ's sakes people, let's give SHJ a break. He has panic attacks prior to every game. The dude may not be the 2nd coming but he's giving it is very all. I've talked to the bloke before and he's no softie. He should do very well in life after demonstrating such perseverance as a Shocker. I see a MARKED improvement in his willingness to turn down his own shot and look for his teammates.

No, he's not perfect.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              https://i.imgur.com/Dl9P2QI.png

Saved before "likes" all reversed for being a d-bag lol.

T

• Topshock
              Topshock commented
              Editing a comment
              How many personalities do you have?

• pie n eye
              pie n eye commented
              Editing a comment
              Clownblooded, you seem to be the only “person” concerned with “likes”. I don’t think I’ve seen them mentioned by any other poster.

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He's played in 16 games so far. I'd think that is too many for a redshirt now. I think the rough rule is 1/3rd the games
            I think the exact rule is participation in not more than 30% of your teams games. Although it seems like some players have gotten around that by filing for a waiver with the NCAA. Now what grounds are valid to successfully receive such a waiver I couldn't say.

Comment

• pie n eye
              pie n eye commented
              Editing a comment
              He can’t have played many minutes, not that it probably matters.

• Dan
              Dan commented
              Editing a comment
              We need to put him on the Nate Funk seven year plan.

• pie n eye
              pie n eye commented
              Editing a comment
              Calling Grant Gibbs!

• I must admit, I've been pretty hard on SHJ this year with some of the bad decisions he makes with the ball and not that he was perfect last night, but much improved in his shot selection and patience to let the offense get in to a rythm before doing something dumb. I actually saw him drive and kick rather than throw up and impossible shot. He was much more under control and as a result the team looked a lot more in sync on offense. Now I'm hoping he keeps it up.

12 assists on 22 made field goals is pretty good. Like to see that, would like to see it get even better.

The Shox dominated the glass which is always a key to success.

The most important thing I saw was the defensive tenacity and effort that has defined Shocker basketball under Gregg Marshall. When the Shox D up like that the offense doesn't need to set the world on fire.

Having said this, I want to see this against a good team on the road before I get too giddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
              Having said this, I want to see this against a good team on the road before I get too giddy.
              I say that about the win as a whole.

Comment

• Anybody else see Dooley losing it and screaming in to his hand at about the 4:30 mark of the first half? I thought the dude was going to have an aneurysm and croak on the spot. He was so angry his hair almost moved. Loved it. Lol!

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Anybody else see Dooley losing it and screaming in to his hand at about the 4:30 mark of the first half? I thought the dude was going to have an aneurysm and croak on the spot. He was so angry his hair almost moved. Loved it. Lol!
                    I saw it. And I loved it too. I have never liked that clown after he tried to start a fight during after game handshake line with that Nevada player after they had whipped KU butt in AFH. What a pu$$y.

Comment

Dooley...was so angry his hair almost moved.
                      Nice description -- lol indeed!

Comment

Anybody else see Dooley losing it and screaming in to his hand at about the 4:30 mark of the first half? I thought the dude was going to have an aneurysm and croak on the spot. He was so angry his hair almost moved. Loved it. Lol!
                        He also can't stick his head out of a moving window or his ears will flap him to death...

Comment

• Call me crazy, but I’m pretty excited about Big Mit’s potential the next couple years. My memory could be foggy (it is) but I think he’s ahead of where Stutz and Miller were at this point in their careers. He’s got pretty good hands, IMO he moves fairly well for a 7 foot 260 lb piece of granite, sets great screens, and has shown some nice touch at times.

He is certainly nowhere near a finished product and has a ton of room to improve. I’d like to see him continue to learn how to use his height and length to protect the rim without fouling. He’s already a solid rebounder but could be even better with increased agility and toughness.

Not saying he’s going to be a focal point of the team or anything, just that I can see him being a valuable player/leader on future teams.

Comment

• pie n eye
                            pie n eye commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Fair enough. Stutz did have the advantage of playing basketball prior to age 14 and picking up some guard skills before he hit his big growth spurt.

• Topshock
                            Topshock commented
                            Editing a comment
                            He does some good things. The BIG question is if he is capable of improving his on ball defense a lot. We will not get where we want to be playing a player rated in the bottom 10% on defense.

• C0|dB|00ded
                            C0|dB|00ded commented
                            Editing a comment
                            He already knows what to do with the ball inside of 2 feet. That puts him ahead of Stutz.

T

Working...
                        X