No announcement yet.

Wichita State at ECU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that we’ve got the arrow pointing in the right direction for Stevenson, Dennis, and Torres, I hope the next reclamation project is Poor Bear. We need all the contributors we can get and there is still time for him to become one.

What do you think is holding him back right now?

Comment

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      IPBC has a role because he can play the 4 or 5. 3G loves guys that have versatility.

• pie n eye
      pie n eye commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I guess it’s not out of the question that he just doesn’t figure it out this year. Would hate to see it turn out that way because I do like his moves/touch around the basket and his ability to step out to the three point line. Surely we could figure out a way to capitalize on those skills.

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      IPBC needs more porridge...

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
    Now that we’ve got the arrow pointing in the right direction for Stevenson, Dennis, and Torres, I hope the next reclamation project is Poor Bear. We need all the contributors we can get and there is still time for him to become one.

Himself. The guy has enormous amount of potential. He has good size , good feet, good hands, can shoot inside and 3 pointers. He needs to learn how to play at this level like all our freshmen. And he can play the 4 & 5 positions. I like him a lot. He has got to keep grinding. Boys to Men is what we need.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Himself. The guy has enormous amount of potential And he can play the 4 & 5 positions. I like him a lot. He has got to keep grinding. Boys to Men is what we need.
      I don’t disagree that IC has potential although I don’t want to overstate it. However, he is not really a 4. No more than Shaq was a 4 last year. IC needs to work on being an effective 5 first.

Comment

• Shockm
        Shockm commented
        Editing a comment
        He can take up space but if IC was very effective, he’d be playing that position more than sparingly. Pretty much he has played it when our other 4s are in foul trouble.

• ShockTalk
        ShockTalk commented
        Editing a comment
        Is that the excuse we should also use for why he's played sparingly at center, too?

Again, what is your definition of a college PF? Everything you read about IPBC talks about his mobility, can get up and down the court, and ability to shoot the 3. As you've seen, he's also not afraid to dive on the floor to get a loose ball. One should temper what they see by remembering he's a freshman.

As a note, New Mexico signed him originally at the same time they signed a 7' center. He was listed as a forward in the UNM article.

• Shockm
        Shockm commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess I don’t share your confidence that PB is a PF. I think his lack of playing time at the 5 is mainly because Marshall is going with Echinique and Mittgard almost exclusively unless one is in foul trouble which hasn’t been the case for the past games. However, it PB was the 4 that Marshall has confidence in, he’d be given an opportunity to play when they pull McDuffie. Either PB doesn’t know the offense or defense at the 4 or he just isn’t as good as Rod Brown. And it doesn’t seem to me from the play time given that Marshall has a lot of confidence in Brown.

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
      Now that we’ve got the arrow pointing in the right direction for Stevenson, Dennis, and Torres, I hope the next reclamation project is Poor Bear. We need all the contributors we can get and there is still time for him to become one.

I would have to guess not picking up the O in practice? Not hustling in practice? Both?

He'll probably see some minutes at significant points in games before the season is through. That's what I like about coach: If he puts a player in the doghouse, that player always gets another chance down the road to prove himself, and, of course, help the team.

Comment

• Give him time. AM didn’t play at all until just a few games ago. They all develop at a different pace.

Comment

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup. Until 4 games ago, AM had amassed around 140 minutes from last year and this year. IPBC has 130 minutes just this year. The adage around here has always been that big men develop slower. Much too soon to know what he can become.

• I was a little disappointed that Live PD didn’t have anything like a bust of some fans going to the game but there were so few fans that actually went they didn’t want to diminish the actual attendance totals

Comment

Working...
        X