No announcement yet.

Tulsa @ WSU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaime threw up some ugly ones but I'll take 50% shooting most any night. Especially when he makes his free throws.
    Eric really likes physical play. One day he'll learn to do it without fouling. That type of hustle is contagious.
    Another good game by Jamarius (with the exception of the atomic bomb inbounds pass). Eric said he had been in the gym shooting. Maybe Jamarius has joined him. Just the threat of a 3 point shot will help his dribble drive game.
    Didn't Dexter dunk the last game as well. I was beginning to think his dunk game was an urban legend. Still gets silly fouls.
    Who hit Asbjorn? Tulsa or was it friendly fire.

I sure hope we can take some of this momentum on the road.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• lostshocker
      lostshocker commented
      Editing a comment
      tulsa hit him.

• I haven’t seen anyone else say (maybe someone did), but it seemed really apparent that Samajae’s leg was really hurting him. *Most* of his shots were decent looks, but he couldn’t get lift from his legs, he seemed a bit slow on defense (but still did pretty good!), and he just wasn’t as quick with his juke moves. Yeah, sometimes he just had bad games, but I think he was hurting today. Was really working his left shoulder toward the end of the game too, although maybe that was just for show since he’d been missing all his shots.
    There are nights when I think that Sal Paradise was right.

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      He did the shoulder thing after making a couple of free throws; was thinking the same thing... he was doing it for “show”. Still thought he played hard today with a bum leg. Marshall trusts him, so I’ll just shut my trap. :)

• wusphlash
      wusphlash commented
      Editing a comment
      He had a wrap on one calf. It seemed to be bothering him during pre-game warmups. That time of year when guys are dinged up.

• 1979Shocker
      1979Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought they said in the last game that it was just a leg cramp.

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    MM can be spastic, but holy poo can you imagine where we’d be this year without his offensive production?

”Hide yo wife... hide yo keedz...”
    Can you Imagine where we would be without Landry, Reeves, Keyser, Lomax, and Nurger? Uh, yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
      Kennedy said Frank Haith was livid with DD's breakaway dunk at the end lol. Have a tissue
      We did it for the NET.

But seriously, cry me a freaking river. His momentum carried him all the way to the basket. There was little bush in that at all. STFU Franky.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

We did it for the NET.

But seriously, cry me a freaking river. His momentum carried him all the way to the basket. There was little bush in that at all. STFU Franky.
        I don't get the big deal. I don't care if other teams do it to us. Don't like it? Defend better

Comment

• Lol - rivalry game...11 new guys...espn...DD gets a steal and takes it to the house???? C'mon Coach Haith...whaddya expect the young man to do??? Take a knee???
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Kennedy said Frank Haith was livid with DD's breakaway dunk at the end lol. Have a tissue
            Somebody post a clip, please

Comment

• rjl
              rjl commented
              Editing a comment
              Didn't see it on TV.

• One of the great mysteries of life is Hauth having coached st THREE pretty good basketball schools, when one would have been too many....

Comment

• Comment

• Mr. Pickle
                Mr. Pickle commented
                Editing a comment
                The only other team in the AAC that would even come close to averaging 10k in a .500 or worse season would be Cincinnati. And none of them are as boisterous even with a capacity crowd.

• Does anyone know why both coaching staffs and the cheerleaders were all wearing green today? All coaches that wore suits had green ties. The cheerleaders had green ribbons.

Comment

• DUShock
                DUShock commented
                Editing a comment
                I asked the same thing early on page 1 of this thread. I saw a blurb on the jumbotron but was tuned out talking the usual pregame chatter with my seat mates.

• wufan
                wufan commented
                Editing a comment
                It’s for literacy

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
              Does anyone know why both coaching staffs and the cheerleaders were all wearing green today? All coaches that wore suits had green ties. The cheerleaders had green ribbons.
              Coaches for literacy

Comment

Let’s me lick his tears. Poor Tulsa, your tears are delicious.

Comment

100% of college players are dunking that ball. Haith can SMD.
                  Last edited by BOBB; February 2, 2019, 07:55 PM.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Frank was probably livid at his own players for that atomic bomb!

Comment

• Big maturity play for me: Burton grabs the offensive rebound under 2 minutes left and instead of going back up with it kicks it out for a fresh shot clock. That is how you close out games.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                      X