Wichita State vs SMU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Why was putting the ball into our best shot creator a horrendous call?
    I agree. I have said this before. If they spread the court and do not bring up the screener SHJ can get a shot off every time. He is very quick. I can't remember the other game where he scored at the end but he can do this. What he has to be concerned with is that other teams are going to figure this out and double team him and force him to give up the ball. Then someone else will have to take the pass step up and make the shot?

Comment

• So how similar was the last inbounds play by smu and the play k who ran with Valentine trying to take a charge in New Orleans

Comment

• Never have had such a love-hate dynamic with a Shocker player as I do with SHJ. Flip a coin and pick one for each game. Rarely a middle ground.

Comment

• I would LOVE to know our record in the past several years on last shot, <4 point win/loss margin games. Has got to be atrocious. Makes one feel a confused when we finally win one.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
            So how similar was the last inbounds play by any and the play k who ran with Valentine trying to take a charge in New Orleans

Very. Except JE wisely avoided contact. That was huge. Seriously huge. He could have plowed that dude.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
              1972Shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              Based on 3G's post-game comments I think they warned Jaime to be ready for that.

• Is there anywhere I can watch the replay?
            Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• SHOCKvalue
              SHOCKvalue commented
              Editing a comment
              Was an ESPN network game, right? Should be on their streaming service soon.

• Be nice if we could get Mitguard and Echenigue playing good at the same time from here on out. Also would be nice if ES could finish the season shooting like he did tonight. Need to get Dennis back on track , he’s BMIA lately. Like how Burtons been taking it strong to the basket and now he’s hit a few threes. His game keeps getting stronger

Comment

• Rod did not have a good game on either end and MM, although shooting well, doesn't rebound,
              doesn't see the court, doesn't make any good assists, and doesn't compete for loose balls. outside
              of MM's offense we are hurting at the four

Comment

• If you go back and watch, play called was a pick and pop between Samajae and Markis, hoping they could get something off of that (SHJ downhill or MM open on the pop). SMU switched and defended it well, therefore Markis faded out of the play and Samajae is our best when it comes to making a play off the bounce. Props.

Comment

• Lots of empty seats in sections 122 and 123

Comment

• wheathead
                    wheathead commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’d assume most of the arena has empty seats by now not just those 2 sections.

• shoxlax
                    shoxlax commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There was but the crowd was decent and very loud and into it. Thanks to WuDrWu for tickets that went to a worthy cause.

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My pleasure and honor, sir! Great game to be at in person and I'm glad they got to see it! Crowd, while some no shows, was into it.

• This was one of the toss up games on the remaining schedule and we got it. Need to win the toss up games with Tulsa and Memphis and need to avoid losses at the very winnable games with Tulane and ECU. If we can somehow come out with a winning record in the games that remain I’d be pretty satisfied after all.

No way we beat Cincy on the road but you can accept that loss if these games around it go well.

then obviously we will win 3 in the conference tourney and be dancing. It will be like that year the baseball team was hot garbage and then won the conference tournament... and then we promptly fired GS and have never made it since... :) classic

Comment

• AndShock
                    AndShock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Gonna have to win 4, but the rest of the post looks good.

Lots of empty seats in sections 122 and 123
                  Who are you?
                  :-)

Comment

So how similar was the last inbounds play by smu and the play k who ran with Valentine trying to take a charge in New Orleans
                    You could see it coming. Really happy Jaime didn't pull a Jay Jackson.

47 % tonight I think. Making baskets inside really helps that number and really helps get some space for the outside shooters.

5 turnovers. 7 against UCONN. Really need to make that a norm.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• You can tell this is gonna be a struggle...5 turnovers, good shooting, more assists...but still a struggle to win at home. These guys have to be on point every game to even have a chance.

Comment

• But at least they have the ability to compete when they do show up. Our best is good enough. Problem is we can’t seem to play D. Get that figured out and things start to change quick

Comment

Working...
                        X