Wichita State vs SMU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Brown and Chandler appear to be the most likely to thin down the huge class and open up a few scholarships.
    I would add DD to that group.

Comment

• pinstripers
      pinstripers commented
      Editing a comment
      I HATE that

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

I hate to admit it, I agree...he is ALWAYS shaking his head coming off the court...just seems unhappy....

Comment

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      DD redshirting would be a better solution than him either staying in a crowded class or transferring. He’s got a ton of upside but needs a lot of work on basketball skills. Unlike Brown, DD has the ability to make baskets, which I think makes him a lot more valuable going forward.

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

I hate to admit it, I agree...he is ALWAYS shaking his head coming off the court...just seems unhappy....
    Well... He's nearly always coming off the court after getting a foul called on him.

I hope he stays. He's got potential

Comment

• proshox
      proshox commented
      Editing a comment
      This. He is shaking his head about fouls. He needs s skill coach to... he has no idea how to create separation from a defender. Hopefully that can be learned.

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Well... He's nearly always coming off the court after getting a foul called on him.

I really hope he toughs it out and stsys. He is extremely gifted but it is clear that he has not played at this level or been exposed to this level of basketball IQ. He always seems to be thinking too much. It will happen and the game will slow down for him next year. If he gets in gym and work on skills he could be a special player in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He fouls because he uses his hands incorrectly. Also he does not anticipate well. We'll on that issue the majority of this team does not anticipate well. The team basketball IQ needs to improve. I have hope that next year we will not be talking about these matters. Go shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

I don't know about that. I know that Tyson Waterman's relationship with him is tight and I think that they have family ties too. He still may decide he is unhappy but I think others are more likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

I really hope he toughs it out and stsys. He is extremely gifted but it is clear that he has not played at this level or been exposed to this level of basketball IQ. He always seems to be thinking too much. It will happen and the game will slow down for him next year. If he gets in gym and work on skills he could be a special player in my opinion.
          So, Dex went from the only player worth keeping to the next one in danger of quitting or getting the boot? OK.

We will lose players next year. We always do. But none of us clowns know who that will be.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• JE with 5 blocks in only 20 minutes. wow

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

So, Dex went from the only player worth keeping to the next one in danger of quitting or getting the boot? OK.

We will lose players next year. We always do. But none of us clowns know who that will be.
            No joke. We've always been reactionary on here, but I'm not sure I've seen anything like it's been lately. We're kicking DD out, we're saying JE is no longer good, and AM went from being worse than a walk-on to being a future all american. I thought I was in some weird twilight zone as I was reading the thread last night saying JE was awful, and I'd look up and see him get another block or drain key free throws.

All that said, I really hope DD is not one of the ones who leaves this summer. He seems like he could be the total package. If he's still struggling in the fall, let him redshirt. DD could be really, really good.

Comment

• pinstripers
              pinstripers commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree. I think folks are speculating on him leaving, not being pushed out.

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              If every player that got fed up and irritated with Gregg chewing his ass left, we'd have forfeited 95% of the games since he arrived.

Last night was a bad snapshot. But that's all it was, a snapshot. I'm not worried.

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post

No joke. We've always been reactionary on here, but I'm not sure I've seen anything like it's been lately. We're kicking DD out, we're saying JE is no longer good, and AM went from being worse than a walk-on to being a future all american. I thought I was in some weird twilight zone as I was reading the thread last night saying JE was awful, and I'd look up and see him get another block or drain key free throws.

All that said, I really hope DD is not one of the ones who leaves this summer. He seems like he could be the total package. If he's still struggling in the fall, let him redshirt. DD could be really, really good.
            Agreed, the mood swings on here are brutal. Just a week or so ago everyone was wanting to boot ES. Now he's doing good. We go from future being bright when we beat UCF, to needing to cut the entire squad to start over after the USF game and now back to a bright future ...

DD has probably the most potential of anyone on the team at this point. He just has to get settled down and get his head straight. He gets VISIBLY frustrated on the court. He shows it with body language in bad ways sometimes. Gotta correct that and not let it drive into the next play. If he can get his mind wrapped around the mental part of the game, he has all the physical tools to make it to the league.

Comment

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              God is great
              Beer is good
              People are crazy

• Dan
              Dan commented
              Editing a comment
              there are a lot of posters on here with a lot of different opinions, this is not "group think". Throughout any season you will see various posters making wide ranging comments on various players, it's just how it goes. Saying "everyone" thinks this or that is just silly. As for me, I have been consistently saying that DD is not ready, overhyped, etc. 3G started the season saying he was a potential NBA player. He may look like one but he doesn't play like it. He's had a couple decent rebounding games and a couple decent scoring games, but generally he does very little but pass around the wing and foul. He's not ready for the bright lights but he could be valuable down the road - he needs a redshirt though, IMO.

ES, IMO (this is just me not the group), also has a high upside. He's a scrapper and has potential to be a good scorer. Defense needs work. I'm not concerned about his size as some are. Also not concerned about his dad or his rumblings of not being happy. I personally think his dad is frustrated by the ball hogging nature of MM and not seeing this being coached out of him. He makes a lot of references to "team ball".

I like our bigs and want them all to stay and succeed. The issue with AM is that he works against certain lineups and is totally ineffective against others (like Cincy and Memphis). He's useful going forward and could be really good as a senior. IPBC just needs to get his head back on straight and MU could probably use a redshirt as well to get healthy and work on his skills, like Dexter. Having these 2 guys redhsirt would help the class balance a lot.

• So, on a different note...timeout with 3:50 to go in a 2 point game, SMU to inbound under their own basket after the timeout...and the production crew does their best to fire up the crowd....by playing a recording of Sweet Caroline????

Comment

• pinstripers
              pinstripers commented
              Editing a comment
              I thought that also. Maybe Highway to Hell or Bad to the Bone or, anything else, really.

• Stickboy46
              Stickboy46 commented
              Editing a comment
              Whatever game they did Enter Sandman for that timeout was genius .. that got the crowd clapping ...

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              Cincinnati game; it was great!

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
            JE with 5 blocks in only 20 minutes. wow
            That one towards the end of the game (don't think we got the loose ball) was WOAH. If he starts finishing his bunnies then he's a major force. Oh, and if he stops picking up fouls like they're going out of style.

Comment

• SHJ #7 SC Top10

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

FYI I have never said or implied that DD was leaving. Some other posters have said they thought he would leave. I think he can really be special player at WSU. He has a lot of potential.

Comment

• Mountain West crowds leave something to be desired.

Comment

Working...
                  X