Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
    We might not lose again
    I know (think) you’re joking but we could pretty reasonably go 7-3 and finish.500 in conference. That would be a pretty terrific outcome given our start. Maybe catch a CBI or CIT bid? Maybe the stars align and win a game or two in the conference tourney?

Circling Memphis as a potential statement game. Eff Penny.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Dave Stalwart
      Dave Stalwart commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m just having fun. I’m with you on 7-3 as the goal. 7-3 would mean there was some merit to the SOS being the problem up until now. If we do worse then I guess it is what it is. I’d sure love to turn a corner like 2008 and win a lot of games the rest of the year. Our SOS is so strong we could even make the NIT with enough wins. For this team, that would be huge

• Still drunk and listening to the post game. Someone is pointing out what I did twelve games
    ago and that is RT does NOT square up on his shots. AM is good when his team mates find him.
    SHJ, DD and MM need to look inside more !

Comment

• JB and RT 1st half line: 3-6 FG / 1-2 3pt / 7 rebounds / 8 assists / 0 TO / 7 points

Really liked JR and RT in there together for a couple of minutes when we made a come back. Thought RT deserved a little more floor time.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
        Still drunk and listening to the post game. Someone is pointing out what I did twelve games
        ago and that is RT does NOT square up on his shots. AM is good when his team mates find him.
        SHJ, DD and MM need to look inside more !
        Preach it brother! Ill hang up and listen.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Yup. Was one of the only ones to give pretty good effort for the great majority of the game.

17 pts, 6 rebs, 2 assists, 0 TO's, 0 fouls and 100% grit
          He certainly deserved it. He played a smart game and that's what gives us hope.

Comment

• Reading back through these threads after getting home from the game, you would’ve thought we were losing by 30 to the West High Girls.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

He certainly deserved it. He played a smart game and that's what gives us hope.
              For clarity. Fever said that sarcastically. They gave it to SHJ.

Comment

• shoxlax
                shoxlax commented
                Editing a comment
                They interviewed Erik afterwards as their star of the game?

• don't usually give a hoot about the plus/minus but ES was plus 16 tonight

Comment

• Does Dennis have a stoma in his neck?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

For clarity. Fever said that sarcastically. They gave it to SHJ.
                  Actually, I was serious and was referring to the radio crew, which did give the recognition to ES. I assume the arena crew gave it to SHJ then.

SHJ had the game winner, but ES had the better all-around game that gave us a chance to win at the end.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                    Rod did not have a good game on either end and MM, although shooting well, doesn't rebound,
                    doesn't see the court, doesn't make any good assists, and doesn't compete for loose balls. outside
                    of MM's offense we are hurting at the four
                    You are so right. I really do not understand why this team does not compete for loose balls. They are slow and fail to grab the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Actually, I was serious and was referring to the radio crew, which did give the recognition to ES. I assume the arena crew gave it to SHJ then.

SHJ had the game winner, but ES had the better all-around game that gave us a chance to win at the end.
                      Interesting. But yes they gave it to SHJ in the arena.

ES not only had the best stats he had multiple hustle plays that kept the game alive.

Comment

• 1. Really fun game
                        2. Really cold outside
                        3. Crowd was decent, maybe 8500-9000?
                        5. DD's body language not good
                        6. RT was very good in limited minutes
                        7. Bob is better on the postgame than Jeff is
                        8. Brown was really bad on both ends
                        9. I like the dance team
                        10. F Jank
                        Last edited by pinstripers; January 30, 2019, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                          Thought the move to a better league would = better refs. guess not.

I know we have played like s*** this year and we are not very good, but we have had more than our share of bad whistles.
                          The MVC paid more than the other leagues for officials. So we generally had the best of the best. Not so much anymore.

Comment

• BOBB
                            BOBB commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Watched Loyola spank SIU the other day and noticed the officiating being pretty solid relative to AAC games. Missed MVC refs.

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          Why does Rod Brown demand so many minutes? Because he looks good on the airport team?
                          It is him or McDuffie.... you trash one non-stop

Comment

Working...
                          X