Saturday July 27th
    Game 5 - 2:00 PM
    Game 6 - 4:00 PM

Sunday July 28th
    Game 7 - 2 or 3 PM

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      Here are my questions:

Can we scrimmage them in lieu of a summer foreign tour?

Will Aftershocks be able to scrimmage anyone in preparation for this tournament, say a Juco or Prep School all star team?
      Better question - how high of a point spread would you be willing to give the Aftershocks if they played against our current squad? 20+?
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Kung Wu
        Kung Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        I would hope a lot more than that.

• shoxlax
        shoxlax commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m leaving this wide open. Depends on whether either side was handicapped by coaches

Will be interesting to watch the whole Elam ending thing.

At the first dead ball once the clock goes below 4 minutes, they turn off the clock. A target score is set at the leading teams score + 7. So if it's 60-55, the first team to 67 wins. Doesn't matter how long it takes. They do this because it discourages teams from intentionally fouling and promotes a regular pace to the end of the game. The game will also always end on a made shot.

Comment

• proshox
        proshox commented
        Editing a comment
        I love this

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

At the first dead ball once the clock goes below 4 minutes, they turn off the clock. A target score is set at the leading teams score + 7. So if it's 60-55, the first team to 67 wins. Doesn't matter how long it takes. They do this because it discourages teams from intentionally fouling and promotes a regular pace to the end of the game. The game will also always end on a made shot.
      Weird. Do you get to shoot free throws until you miss?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Weird. Do you get to shoot free throws until you miss?
        No. But you could win on a made free throw

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Intriguing. How many times has a WSU team won with the hack and hope strategy, since Marshall has been coaching? I don't think very many times.
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• proshox
            proshox commented
            Editing a comment
            Very few, because we don’t use it.

Anyone can come to a scrimmage to play, technically. Coaches cant be there, so it is technically an open gym scenario. I saw the Xman and John Smith one afternoon back in like 2000 scrimmaging against the players. I think a game or 100 again it this tourney team would greatly benefit the current roster. Of course, I'm sure there will be some bumps and bruises for the current guys, but it will help them learn :)

Comment

What excites me the most about this whole thing is the opportunity for our current roster to mingle with winners from the past. It's very rare to have this many former Shockers, still in their prime, to converge back on campus and have an opportunity to not only speak about what it takes to win, but prove it later on the court.

Many of our players are having doubts about every aspect of their basketball future; what better people to speak about how it will all pay off in the end than Tekele and Rashard. This tournament coming to WSU could be a helluva lot more important than most on here are expressing and for different reasons entirely.

I don't know what percentage of athletics is mental, but it's very, very high. Play Angry is 100% mental. I've got to believe there's a high probability of some sort of turnaround in our near future. How big of a turnaround I cannot say.

T

...:cool:

Comment

I wonder how many of our current players will be in Wichita over summer break to witness the Aftershocks???
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Dan
                Dan commented
                Editing a comment
                they're usually all here taking summer classes to stay on track for graduation. Not sure the dates, but they leave after school and have a few weeks off before school starts back up.
            Working...
            X