New Shocker Athletic Director

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Shocker Athletic Director

With the most important hire in 40 years for Shocker baseball coming up in about 6 months, our great president - The Bardo - revealing that he is indeed mortal, and the basketball program currently trending downward, our need for a competent AD is as great as it's ever been. I've got to believe there's literally zero chance we have a new one within the next 12 months. What must we do to get the next Jim Schaus at WSU?

T

...:cool:

When's the last time this school "fired" an athletic director?

The current guy is clearly sitting back and cashing in the paychecks. Haven't seen or heard much else from the guy. Seems to be coasting.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• _kai_
      _kai_ commented
      Editing a comment
      Sexton was "fired" definitely.

Any chance we can lure JS back?

Comment

I thought the AD got a lifetime contract after getting Wichita into the AAC.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        The Bardo gets a lifetime contract because he's a god.

I take that back. The Bardo takes what he wants. Everything he sees is his. *insert random Chuck Norris'ism*

Our AD is a child - a baby as the president of the U.S. might say.

T

• DUShock
        DUShock commented
        Editing a comment
        Not to mention the AAC work was done by the previous AD. Sexton delivered the Shocks to the 3 yard line and the current guy was allowed to carry the ball into the end zone.

Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
      I thought the AD got a lifetime contract after getting Wichita into the AAC.
      That was the university president. AD was being pulled along behind in a little red wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        When's the last time this school "fired" an athletic director?

The current guy is clearly sitting back and cashing in the paychecks. Haven't seen or heard much else from the guy. Seems to be coasting.
        Curious, when it was announced that WSU was joining the AAC, the loss of NCAA revenue shares from the Valley and AAC b-ball tourney appearances would be non existent for a couple of years to take care of joint fee etc. also stated that they still had to negotiate the revenue % mix from all league revenue going forward. Found this odd that the % wasn’t settled prior. I’ve asked countless “insiders” and no one seems to know the %. Btw, this has nothing to do with the size/$ of a new media contract. Members aren’t giving up equal share for non football member.

Comment

Well ... Gonna need to pause this thread until 2022

Comment

So Darron Boatwright has a picture of Bardo in blackface, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            Well ... Gonna need to pause this thread until 2022

Awesome.

Baseball is gonna be in great shape.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

So we've got an athletic department in such a state of ruin that we haven't the funds to fire the failing head coach of a very important sport (the one with the national championship); and the person in charge of said destitute department gets a contract extension as there's likely no funds to hire someone better. That's called makin' your own job security... the gangsta way. Boatwrong no dummy. Yeehaawwww!

T

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Awesome.

Baseball is gonna be in great shape.
                Butler took a big sigh of relief.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Butler took a big sigh of relief.
                  Tomorrow's press release: Wichita State head coach Todd Butler has received a contract extension through June 2022.

T

Comment

I believe the AD has his priorities in place at WSU. Keep the rather large gorilla in the room happy and not rankle the other successful programs under him. The baseball program is what it is and he will have to do something at the end of the season. Those on here that raise Dr Bardo to near god like proportions (with good reason) seems to miss that he is in fact the AD’ boss. Make no mistake, if he thought the man a fool he would not suffer him.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                      C0|dB|00ded commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The Bardo's willingness to keep him on is Boatright's only redeeming quality at this point. It could simply be a fiscal decision as he has enough faith in his own oversight capabilities. But if The Bardo reaches his expiration date in unexpected fashion, the entire fate of the department rests in Gregg Marshall's hands. In a way... it probably does already. *sigh*

T

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    I believe the AD has his priorities in place at WSU. Keep the rather large gorilla in the room happy and not rankle the other successful programs under him. The baseball program is what it is and he will have to do something at the end of the season. Those on here that raise Dr Bardo to near god like proportions (with good reason) seems to miss that he is in fact the AD’ boss. Make no mistake, if he thought the man a fool he would not suffer him.
                    You are so poetic oh pogo messiah!!! Glad to have you back!!!

Comment

I think that HCGM not only has the entire fate of the program in his hands he has the fate of the recent renewal of OUR UNIVERSITY. I have long thought that wth out Dr Bardo and his vision for WSU we would still be treading water but without HCGM and his success there is no impetus for the change Dr Bardo has brought.

Comment

Working...
                    X