The Basketball Tournament - Wichita Regional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Basketball Tournament - Wichita Regional

Seeing social media reports of some big announcement tomorrow (Tuesday, January 29th) at 11 am by WSU Athletics and Visit Wichita.

My guess: Lids will now be allowed on soda and water bottles
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

That would be big

Comment

Is this around the calendar time that the NCAAT regional hosting announcements were made in past years? The combo announcement with WSU and Visit Wichita would certainly seem to indicate something like that.

If so, a “big” announcement for Wichita for sure, but kind of a let down for WSU fans who are hyped up for a “big” announcement specific to the school.

EDIT: The 2018 NCAAT hosting announcement was in November of 2014; the 2021 announcement was in April of 2018. Could also be women’s 3rd/4th round stuff too. They were hoping for that in the future, I thought I’d heard.
      Last edited by SHOCKvalue; January 28, 2019, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Baseball tournament?

Basketball regional finals?

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        Is this around the calendar time that the NCAAT regional hosting announcements were made in past years? The combo announcement with WSU and Visit Wichita would certainly seem to indicate something like that.

If so, a “big” announcement for Wichita for sure, but kind of a let down for WSU fans who are hyped up for a “big” announcement specific to the school.
        It won't be related to NCAA Basketball Tournament (at least men's) for two reasons:
        -That sort of thing would be announced by the NCAA itself.
        -We know that Wichita is hosting again in 2021 and that 2022 is announced. Announcing for 2023 and beyond seems pretty far out there.

I am curious to see what it is.
        78-65

Comment

Could it be announcing the hosting of an AAC tournament event of some kind?
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• SHOCKvalue
            SHOCKvalue commented
            Editing a comment
            Was just going to say that. Baseball maybe, in the new MiLB stadium? Not MBB, that’s setup in Fort Worth for a while IIRC.

Well, we already know the 2021 men's tournament will be in Wichita, and last summer the NCAA announced Wichita would host a 2022 women's regional.

Could be baseball related maybe? Wichita hosting the AAC baseball tournament maybe--either at Eck or the new downtown stadium?

Edit: looks like several of you beat me to it whilst I was researching AAC baseball tournament site history.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

How about the 2020 season of the new AAA team will be at Eck, after the powers that be step back and realize the current rushed design and build of the new ballpark isn’t doing it proper justice.

One can hope at least.

Comment

The MVC tournament will continue to be held in St. Louis

Comment

• Stickboy46
                Stickboy46 commented
                Editing a comment
                HISTORIC ANNOUNCEMENT!!

• shoxlax
                shoxlax commented
                Editing a comment
                One of the all time great one line posts in the history of this board. We need your humor more around here.

• Rocky Mountain Shock
                Rocky Mountain Shock commented
                Editing a comment
                Nomination for post of the year

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
              Seeing social media reports of some big announcement tomorrow (Tuesday, January 29th) at 11 am by WSU Athletics and Visit Wichita.

My guess: Lids will now be allowed on soda and water bottles
              FYI, no lids at Uconn. I spilled my water within 5 minutes of setting it down. My friend spilled his 10 minutes later.

Comment

• abdullah_sharif
                abdullah_sharif commented
                Editing a comment
                always bring a cap from home.. tends to get a smile from the people at the metal detector..

BREAKING: marshall to UCLA...

... to tell Alford he’s an idiot for leaving his last job for this one

Comment

MVC moving it's post-season tournament to Wichita. They're going to move it to the town where the most tickets have been sold in the past in order to boost attendance.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  MVC moving it's post-season tournament to Wichita. They're going to move it to the town where the most tickets have been sold in the past in order to boost attendance.
                  To Hartman Arena, right? Or maybe the Farha Sports Center, Court 6.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

To Hartman Arena, right? Or maybe the Farha Sports Center, Court 6.
                    Heskett upstairs. One pull cart full of folding chairs. Bag of Doritos to share.

Comment

More guesses...totally brainstorming at this point:

-Volleyball Final Four (this would move the needle for me...but not sure it would move the needle for others)
                      -MLB exhibition game at new stadium (though what would that have to do with WSU?)
                      -WSU vs KU at IBA next year in a multi-team "classic" next year (I know, I know...that's why this is called brainstorming)
                      Last edited by WuShock16; January 28, 2019, 12:03 PM.
                      78-65

Comment

• ShockerFever
                        ShockerFever commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It would take something historic for KU to play WSU in Wichita.

• Dan
                        Dan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        KU has been watching us this year and are “ready” to play us now.
                    Working...
                    X