The Basketball Tournament - Wichita Regional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
    Baker/VanVliet get the lions share of the press, and rightfully so, but damn Tekele has to be my all time favorite Shocker. He takes the Jackie Chan Carmichael kick to the face, doesn’t react, just lets it simmer, and then throws down the two most vicious dunks I have witnessed. Both against the Red Turds.
    I don’t know. His last dunk at Koch was downright filthy. I once heard someone describe it by saying, “that was the kind of dunk that made the UNI guys question why they ever started playing basketball.”

78-65

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      I still think TC could play in the NBA. I remember watching him in a summer league game and thinking, some team needs a defender like him. Who knows, maybe it could still happen, but Tekele might be the type of player that enjoys making good money playing overseas where he can be A MAN and THE MAN.

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      I love Tekele but he lacks elite ball handling or shooting to make it in the NBA at 6’3”.

• Eric
      Eric commented
      Editing a comment
      That one was nasty too. The guy could elevate for sure. The “Redbird” play Marshall drew up with Baker and Carter cross screening leaving the center of the lane open framed that dunk for perfect aesthetic effect. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sLzCsbN5518
      Last edited by Eric; July 8, 2019, 05:42 PM.

• I called today. Tickets to be mailed this week

Comment

• Dan I think you are in for a surprise when you watch Tekele in this tournament.

Tekele's ball-handling is definitely elite and his 3 point shot is nails (he shot .397 from 3 this year in the Italian Division 1 league).

Here are some outtakes from him tearing up the German Bundasliga in 2015/2016:

That is one nasty crossover he developed.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Kung Wu
        Kung Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know. How many people go play pro internationally and return to an NBA career? Can't think there is a ton of NBA players that have went that route (I know some have, just doesn't seem like a normal occurance).

• ShockdaWorld
        ShockdaWorld commented
        Editing a comment
        That first 3 looked a lot like the James Harden 3 step. Lol

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        Baker has caught some bad breaks with the eye socket and shoulder injuries. He's still cashing some pretty large checks. It still wouldn't surprise me to see him make an NBA team once healthy... but 'time is of the essence' for his career.

I'm sure you youngsters will enjoy this... :)

It's now or never, come hold me tightKiss me my darling, be mine tonightTomorrow will be too late, it's now or neverMy love won't wait.When I first saw you w...

• I think in the long run, the prospects for maximizing your $ for a guy like Tekele, is to play overseas as long as possible. Just a guess.

Comment

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        You're probably correct... playing overseas provides stability for a young family.

• Comment

• Comment

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          I like them. Especially the wheat stock on the side of the shorts.

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        Nice
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• So if I understand this information correctly the amount shown is the regional prize money which is a the greater of $1,000 or 25% of ticket sales. If that is the case then tickets sales for Wichita State are currently as follows:

Wichita = $63,191 in prize money x 4 = $252,764 in ticket sales. Not sure how many tickets that represents. I'm guessing somewhere in the 3,500 to 5,000 range.

Comment

• WuDrWu
            WuDrWu commented
            Editing a comment
            I heard between 3700-3800 as of yesterday from someone close to the ticket office. Pretty sure I heard that number correctly.

• There is some additional gear including replica Jerseys up for pre-order on the Shocker store if anyone is interested.

Comment

• Are those puma unis?

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
              Are those puma unis?
              Pretty sure all of them are puma. They are a main sponsor

Comment

• Did anyone see this? Or did I just miss it?
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• WstateU
                  WstateU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wouldn't it be something if the Hawks and the Shocks played on ESPN and the ratings were through the roof... unfortunately, a 3:00pm game might hurt ratings.

• rrshock
                  rrshock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  But it's still on the flagship. Says something for the expectations ESPN has.

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                Did anyone see this? Or did I just miss it?
                Prime time!

Comment

• Interesting column on ESPN.com listing the top player for each team in TBT.

With a little more than a week to go before the start of the $2 million TBT, we identified the player to stop for each team in the bracket.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerfan98 View Post
                    Interesting column on ESPN.com listing the top player for each team in TBT.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../_/id/27155925
                    They missed a bunch of Shockers.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                    X