No announcement yet.

The Basketball Tournament - Wichita Regional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the record, on the Drive, Taylor said it was WSU *basketball* fans that would be excited. So that does officially narrow it down to basketball-related.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      They decided to make Teddy eligible?

Is the announcement that the NCAA changed their minds and want to give TA his waiver? K-State agreed to a home and home? CU home and home?

Comment

At this point I'm hoping for it to be some sort of 4-team showcase at IBA. I hope KU is not involved. K-State/Tulsa and Ok St/WSU or something like that would be cool.

Comment

I just saved 15% by switching to Geico?
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Shock Top
          Shock Top commented
          Editing a comment
          I saved! I thought the ment something to you?

Hope it’s better than last weeks “Major Announcement” from Intrust Arena. Chris Stapleton. O okay. My guess, scheduling. Has to be KU, CU or KState.

Comment

Wonder if it's related to The Basketball Tournament (TBT) this summer. Earlier today, they (TBT) tweeted about a big announcement tomorrow as well.

Comment

• 12eagle
            12eagle commented
            Editing a comment
            I think we have a winner

Originally posted by SoulStar View Post
          Wonder if it's related to The Basketball Tournament (TBT) this summer. Earlier today, they (TBT) tweeted about a big announcement tomorrow as well.
          Oooo that's gotta be it. I know they were building a shocker team with former players

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Oooo that's gotta be it. I know they were building a shocker team with former players
            I just noticed a few days ago they changed their name from AfterShox to AfterShocks too. That’s probably related.

Comment

• Dan
              Dan commented
              Editing a comment
              I guess Ron could be on the team now as well.

• Wuzee
              Wuzee commented
              Editing a comment
              That makes sense, because athletics has discontinued the use of "Shox." That's a Nike trademark, so they would have to change it if they were actually going to take the floor (not to mention that it wouldn't be a good look in a tournament sponsored by Puma.)

Don't know what that does for their gear: https://shop.sportility.co/collectio...hita-aftershox

Since everyone is betting on wild ideas: WSU to play in IBA for two years, while new basketball arena is built on campus.

Likely to be an event though, with Visit Wichita involved. Would be nice if it was some sort of Yearly Showcase with a few solid regional programs.
            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
              Is the announcement that the NCAA changed their minds and want to give TA his waiver? K-State agreed to a home and home? CU home and home?
              Can't be Teddy, Taylor addressed someone on twitter and told them no. lol

Comment

What's Ron Baker doin these days?
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

We landed on the moon?

Comment

As long as we are wishing...Hoping for a new state of the art stadium for track, taking down the run down Cessna Stadium seating. WSU and the city of Wichita miss out on a golden opportunity each year to show off the campus and the city to thousands of high school kids and their parents and family members from across the state in town for the High School State track meet.

Something very impressive that might sway some kids to WSU-adding to the enrollment.

Comment

The Sunflower Regional: A non-conference 4 team tournament, each team plays 1 game

Kansas
                    Kansas State
                    Wichita State
                    (any team that signs up to play for that year)

Kansas can play us for year 1 and KState can play the other team, switch games every year

Comment

It's almost never as big as we imagine it.
                      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Working...
                      X