The Basketball Tournament - Wichita Regional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    It will be a fascinating case study to see how players like Zach Brown and Rashard Kelly perform on offense, not necessarily from a numbers perspective, but more from a stylistic perspective. My theory has long been that Marshall's system is a little too rigid and that Marshall himself can get under guys' skin and cause them to think a little too much about what they're doing instead of reacting. I'll be interested to follow that. I think Daishon Smith is a great example of that as well.

I think players like ZB and RK will benefit from a more open style, while it may hurt guys who lack lateral quickness, specifically Shaq, Stutz, and Conner.
    Kelly will benefit from the style of play the most. He is a "play angry" type of player and that type of player is what will shine most inside this tournament. Players who continually play hard will excel with the "trash" and make buckets out of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      Starting line up ? I'll go with Stutz, Kelly, Early, CF at the shooting guard and Murry at point with Armstead, TC and SM being the
      key subs
      Hard to not start former NBAers Early and Murry along with Cotton. We have a group of centers that could start along with a couple really good PGs. Kelly and Brown off the bench.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• pinstripers
        pinstripers commented
        Editing a comment
        Depends who's been seriously playing

• These guys are all very high level players. Just roll the ball out, they can all get it done.

Comment

• I don't think Frankamp starts in front of Cotton.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• 10 yrs of aging is a long time for anyone. But luckily, everyone else aged too.

Comment

• Comment

• IMG_20190722_194409.jpg

Comment

• Ate at Merle’s last Friday and a guy I knew a long time ago was there and the first thing he asked was if I was going to the games. I replied that I was and two others at the bar also chimed in that they were going as well. I really don’t think the flagship will pull In more than a thousand

Comment

• Mrs. p just asked me if we wanted to skip the early game thursday and eat a steak instead.

Comment

• Ta Town Shocker
                    Ta Town Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'll most definitely skip the early game, did the same at the NCAA St Louis regional several years ago when the Chickenhawks played in the first game.

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                  These 2 fingers still have a scar from where I stole the soul of the redturd progrum.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Cle can still shoot it. But when they get physical on him, he will have to put it on the floor and get to the rim to score. When he played at WSU, his handles weren’t his strength. I hope he’s better at that now.

Comment

• Ta Town Shocker
                      Ta Town Shocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I recall Cle being a complete player and having good handles for his size.

• wufan
                      wufan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Cle had good handles north and south, but not east/west. In other words, forcing him to put the ball on the floor to get his own shot was the scouting report.

• These guys have been doing nothing but playing and refining their games since they left WSU. They should all be much better players than they were back then.

Comment

Every time I score playing pickup ball, I'm going to yell "Straight out the gate motherf***er". That's incredible.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I was looking through our player profiles on the TBT web sight, and I’m curious as to why some players are listed as having a winning share of $120,000, while others have a winning share of $0.

Comment

• Random thought: He's a bit older (and might not have even done it or been able to do it), but Gal Mekel would have been a great player to have in this tournament.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                        X