The Basketball Tournament - Wichita Regional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Our guys better show up in shape (lookin' at you Shaq).
    I think Morris and Jamie have taken Shaq's place for not being in optimal condition.

Comment

• Shaq was in nice shape his final year. But if you go back when he was 6’7 and 290 (maybe more), he was in his own category.

Comment

• 2019 TBT Regional Hosts

2019 TBT Regional Hosts.jpg

Comment

• The Wichita Regional Presented by Air Force Reserve to Take Place July 25-28

BOSTON – May 14, 2019 – The Air Force Reserve and The Basketball Tournament (TBT) – the $2 million, winner-take-all summer basketball event broadcast live on ESPN – announced today a new partnership making Air Force Reserve an Official Partner of TBT and Presenting Partner of the Wichita Regional. Air Force Reserve will receive premier branding at the Wichita Regional including a jersey patch on all uniforms for the eight teams in that region. In addition, it will have an on-site and in-broadcast presence at every TBT venue.

β€œWe are pleased to announce Air Force Reserve as Presenter of the Wichita Regional,” said Jon Mugar, Founder/CEO of TBT. The Wichita Regional is already one of the most highly anticipated events in TBT's 6-year history, as it’s on pace to shatter all ticket sales and attendance records. It promises to be a great weekend for TBT and Air Force Reserve.”

β€œThe Air Force Reserve is excited to become the Presenting Partner of TBT’s Wichita Regional,” said Chief Master Sgt. Michael Johnson, chief, total force marketing division, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas. β€œWichita State’s proximity to McConnell Air Force Base makes the Regional a great opportunity for our local recruiting teams. And TBT’s national platform allows us to further share the great story of The Air Force Reserve and how we can partner with students to help with college tuition assistance and student loan payback.”

Entering its sixth season, TBT restructured to a host team format for its regionals to take advantage of the passionate fan bases in those respective cities. For more information on the format click here: https://www.thetournament.com/news/t...hip-sites-2019

Air Force Reserve is the first Presenting Partner of a TBT Regional. The Wichita Regional Presented by Air Force Reserve looks to be one of TBT’s strongest. Thus far, the region includes The AfterShocks, a Wichita State alumni team, and Purple & Black, a Kansas State alumni team whose competitive roster earned them an early acceptance. The excitement around those two teams has resulted in strong ticket sales, boosting the Wichita Regional Prize, equivalent to 25% of ticket sales, to the top amongst all TBT regions. Currently more than $48,000, TBT expects a particularly competitive field as teams choose to chase the money.

β€œWe are ecstatic to have The Air Force Reserve as a partner for TBT’s Wichita Regional," said Brian Hargrove, Executive Director of Sports Development at Visit Wichita. β€œThis Regional is already shaping up to be an amazing four days, and to have The Air Force Reserve involved only makes it better.”

The Wichita Regional will take place at Charles Koch Arena starting on July 25. The Regional Championship will take place on July 28 at 4 p.m. CDT. All games will be available to watch on the ESPN family of networks.

The winner of the Wichita Regional will move on to TBT’s Championship Week in Chicago to compete for $2 million from August 1-6.

You can purchase tickets to the Wichita Regional, or any other, here: https://thetournament.com/tickets

WICHITA REGIONAL PRESENTED BY AIR FORCE RESERVE

Thursday, July 25

Game 1: 7PM CDT

Game 2: 9PM CDT

Friday, July 26

Game 3: 7PM CDT

Game 4: 9PM CDT

Saturday, July 27

Game 5: 3PM CDT

Game 6: 5PM CDT

Sunday, July 28

Championship Game: 4PM CDT

Comment

• I'm biased, but we do have the coolest name, regardless what happens.
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              No doubt about it...

• Quakes Near Kansas, United States Now, Today, and Recently. See if there was there an earthquake just now in Kansas, United States

Kansas has recorded 361 earthquakes in the past 365 days. (I just want to contribute something to this thread)

Comment

• Kansas - More earthquakes than California.

Kansas - Where "The Big One" is one you can actually feel.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• REGIONAL PRIZES (25% OF TICKET SALES thru 05/20/19):
                Wichita - $48,851
                Syracuse - $10,176
                Columbus - $1,482
                Richmond - $1,000
                Greensboro - $1,000
                Salt Lake City - $1,000
                Lexington - $1,000
                Memphis - $1,000

Comment

• ShockerDropOut
                  ShockerDropOut commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow!!!! Good job Wichita!!!

• And alumni pep band is being put together. We have to be the only squad in the tourney with a pep band :)

Comment

• Hope our guys show up in shape and ready to play. Go shocks make Wichita proud.

Comment

• shock-it-to-me
                    shock-it-to-me commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This shouldn’t be an issue, should it? Aren’t most of these guys playing professionally somewhere currently?

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                  And alumni pep band is being put together. We have to be the only squad in the tourney with a pep band :)
                  Now THAT's cool!
                  Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• U of Iowa is trying to come to Wichita and they're bringing a chick. Their team would also include players from all three of Iowa's D1 teams (yes, including Drake). Another bit of news: In addition to KU and KSU, Marquette and U of Colorado have applied for Wichita.

β€œThe rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'”

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• WuDrWu
                      WuDrWu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I trust she won't be treated like a mixed doubles event at your local club. She has no more business on the floor than I do.

• You know what...I was just a thinking. KU has not been accepted to play here yet. I don't know for sure that the Shocks have anything to gain by playing that team in Wichita. Maybe they could make a road trip to Greenboro. :bball_spin:

Comment

• I'm really intrigued to see what kind of product we'll see on the court. Between conditioning, trying to coordinate a whole mishmash of players in a very short window, and general coaching (x's & o's) I don't expect to see a well oiled machine. What I do expect is to witness some great individual talent and iso's.

Comment

• Has the final roster been set for the Aftershocks ? I am hoping to come to Wichita in July to watch the games.

Comment

Working...
                      X