No announcement yet.

The Basketball Tournament - Wichita Regional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess the flip side of that is whether you would prefer to get $20 GA seats and watch it with 1,000 other people in a 10k seat arena. You can always buy a cheap ticket and hope that there are enough empty seats that you move down

Comment

• martymoose
      martymoose commented
      Editing a comment
      Where do you buy $20 GA tickets?

• TST is returning to Cary, North Carolina from June 5 - June 10...this time with two $1 Million brackets!

They are tracking ticket sales on here for the regional pool.

Most all the other arenas are HS gyms or odd arenas. Memphis is using a 2500 seat arena.

WSU has by far the largest arena to use.
    Last edited by Stickboy46; January 30, 2019, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• A new market with a hot crowd ... I am betting they will look for "early adopters" (like me) and charge a premium and then start discounting tickets on a slow ramp down to find the optimal price equilibrium for the future. Plus I bet WSU negotiated that a largish chunk of the sales goes to them for using Koch Arena -- so the higher ticket prices will benefit WSU, I am sure.

If you aren't in a position to be an early adopter to buy premium seats, just hang in there and wait for the discounts to start kicking in (and hope there aren't enough early adopters willing to pay the higher prices).
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• I got section108 row 3 for 105 for an all session ticket. That's 4 sessions. How is that price gouging?

Comment

• Stickboy46
          Stickboy46 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup 15 bucks a game ...

• martymoose
          martymoose commented
          Editing a comment
          All the other locations are all GA. In Salt Lake you can sit in the front row for $36...in Wichita it's $300.

Syracuse - $55
          Richmond - $75
          Columbus - $55
          Salt Lake City - $36
          Lexington - $45
          Memphis - $60

WSU will play a maximum of 3 games, so sure if you're going to every game, great deal at $15 per game. If by some crazy chance we lose the first one have fun watching Bradley Alums vs YMCA Elite for $15.

• Stickboy46
          Stickboy46 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok, so you don't enjoy having things to do. These teams will likely have more talent than the teams that came to the NCAA tourney here last year. WSU was not part of those, and I paid way more for worse seats for less games there. 15 dollars a game, whether you like to admit it or not is not a bad thing for high level basketball.

So yes I will have fun. You have fun pouting over prices and doing the same crap that everyone else always does around here ... which isn't much.

• Here is video clip for marketing.

RETURNING TO KOCH ARENA - SUPERKEL

Most people go gaga over his dunk at Redbird Arena (which granted made me jump out of my recliner and my son as a 7 year old say "that was a grown man dunk), but THIS ONE. Oh lordy. I saw it live, and it was beauty. The man needed a damn cape on this one. I sincerely hope this particular inbounds play is named "Redbird" or "DirtyBird" of "FUDanMueller" or something similar.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Rocky Mountain Shock
          Rocky Mountain Shock commented
          Editing a comment
          I could watch (and have watched) that over and over and over and over and over and...

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
        Here is video clip for marketing.

RETURNING TO KOCH ARENA - SUPERKEL

Most people go gaga over his dunk at Redbird Arena (which granted made me jump out of my recliner and my son as a 7 year old say "that was a grown man dunk), but THIS ONE. Oh lordy. I saw it live, and it was beauty. The man needed a damn cape on this one. I sincerely hope this particular inbounds play is named "Redbird" or "DirtyBird" of "FUDanMueller" or something similar.
        It actually is the redbird. We did the same thing with CJ Keyser at home (on a game that CJ's parents came) a few years later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It actually is the redbird. We did the same thing with CJ Keyser at home (on a game that CJ's parents came) a few years later.
          It seriously IS "Redbird"? LOVE IT! I guess "FUDanMueller" is a bit wordy and maybe not what you would want to holler out... :)
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Shocker Mama
            Shocker Mama commented
            Editing a comment
            It is Redbird. AfterCJ Kayser did it, Coach mentioned in the post-game that it was a play designed by Coach Heier specifically for Illinois State.

• Originally posted by martymoose
          WSU will play a maximum of 3 games, so sure if you're going to every game, great deal at $15 per game. If by some crazy chance we lose the first one have fun watching Bradley Alums vs YMCA Elite for $15
          Possible, but what if a Syracuse alumni squad and a VCU alumni squad were in our regional, for example?

Edit: To be clear, those are regional hosts, so they won't be. But at least that's the potential caliber of some of the opponents.
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Stickboy46
            Stickboy46 commented
            Editing a comment
            There likely will be a K-State Alumni squad at minimum ..

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

It seriously IS "Redbird"? LOVE IT! I guess "FUDanMueller" is a bit wordy and maybe not what you would want to holler out... :)
          Yes, I remember that coach called it that in a post game question session.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Possible, but what if a Syracuse alumni squad and a VCU alumni squad were in our regional, for example?

Edit: To be clear, those are regional hosts, so they won't be. But at least that's the potential caliber of some of the opponents.
            I fully expect KSU to be here. And Karon Bradley on the Drive said that he had heard that KU is looking to put together a squad, had about 9 and also mentioned Keith Langford. Regardless of what you think of KU their alumni squad would make for some fun big time games. For reference Keith Langford has become a bit of a EuroLeague star. Two time scoring leader and participating on multiple championship teams in different countries.

Comment

• Dan
              Dan commented
              Editing a comment
              KU could field of team of guys that were drafted after 1 year and never made it in the NBA

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post

I fully expect KSU to be here. And Karon Bradley on the Drive said that he had heard that KU is looking to put together a squad, had about 9 and also mentioned Keith Langford. Regardless of what you think of KU their alumni squad would make for some fun big time games. For reference Keith Langford has become a bit of a EuroLeague star. Two time scoring leader and participating on multiple championship teams in different countries.
            Was Keith Langford on the PamAm team with Ron a few years ago?
            78-65

Comment

• Although the chickenhawks wont travel to CKA, it looks like some of the former players might.....

KU fans will get a chance to see how the NBA free agent is playing in late July when he’ll be competing for a KU alumni entry in The Basketball Tournament.

Former KU guard Elijah Johnson soon will announce KU’s plans to enter the single-elimination national tourney. The Jayhawks will play in a Wichita Regional on July 25-28 with teams from Kansas State, Wichita State and other schools

Comment

• I hope our fans buy tickets. Getting outdrawn by KU or K-State would be embarrassing.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                I hope our fans buy tickets. Getting outdrawn by KU or K-State would be embarrassing.
                Seeing as WSU fans have had a 2.5-month head start, I’d say Shocker Nation won’t be outdone.
                78-65

Comment

• hopefully the shocker nation won’t disappoint. this is pretty special

Comment

Working...
                  X