No announcement yet.

The Basketball Tournament - Wichita Regional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember TBT was trying out the Elam ending*. Any word where that stands? I always thought it was a really cool idea.

*iirc, Elam ending says you play a 20 minute half, a 16 minute half, and then the winner is the first team to score 7 points more than the team with the most points after 36 minutes. So if the score is 60-63, it turns into first to 70. The idea is to fix the timeout/foul/FT-athon endings.

Comment

Actually ... this is a big deal. Being able to host it. I don't know how often we will be able to host it, but having our fans able to attend these games conveniently is a big deal.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

To be fair, the campaign for a team was public knowledge, the confirmation of the team being in the tournament wasn't.

A WSU all star team playing at Koch Arena during the off season? I'll take it!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Actually ... this is a big deal. Being able to host it. I don't know how often we will be able to host it, but having our fans able to attend these games conveniently is a big deal.
          Yup, really surprised we are hosting. That's 6 games here over the summer.

Comment

I would venture a guess that the players mentioned and others who hope to be mentioned later all have good memories inside CKA that they’d like to relive. This is the essence of what a winning program at WSU provides. It’s probably a pretty big deal to them. Hopefully, Wichita supports it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yup, really surprised we are hosting. That's 6 games here over the summer.
              ESPN is paying the tab. Koch is the most impressive venue of all the regionals. We will easily lead all regionals/semi’s in attendance. Small arenas, high school gyms being used elsewhere.

Comment

Tentative roster (as of Jan 29 2019) ...

# Name Po. Ht. Yrs at WSU Age* Yrs Pro Current Team
                1 Joe Ragland G 6-0 2010-12 29 7 Crvena Zvezda (Serbia)
                2 Malcolm Armstead G 6-0 2011-13 29 6 Kymis (Greece)
                3 Clevin Hannah G 5-11 2008-10 31 9 Herbalife Gran Canaria (Spain)
                11 Cleanthony Early F 6-8 2012-14 28 5 Tokyo Hachioji (Japan)
                23 Toure’ Murry G 6-5 2008-12 29 7 UCC Assigeco Piacenza (Italy)
                24 Shaquille Morris C 6-8 2013-18 25 R Kyoto-Hannaryz (Japan)
                31 J.T. Durley F/C 6-8 2006-11 30 5 Metroplex Lightning (Desoto, Texas)
                32 Tekele Cotton G 6-3 2011-15 26 4 Fiat Torino (Italy)
                33 Conner Frankamp G 6-1 2015-18 24 R BC Beroe (Bulgaria)
                41 Garrett Stutz C 7-0 2008-12 29 7 Toyotsu FE (Japan)
                Last edited by Kung Wu; January 29, 2019, 12:03 PM.
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Ok, not a fail and kudos to those folks that made it happen....and to those who guessed correctly

Comment

Maybe we will finally see Conner go off in CKA ....

Comment

• How can anyone not be completely excited. The opportunity to watch the best Shocker basketball being played in Koch Arena ALL YEAR! :poster_toure::poster_shocks::poster_wu:

Comment

• Get your tickets now. Great chance to get seats that are normally way out of my price range lol.

Comment

• BostonWu
                        BostonWu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You have plenty of opportunities with the real shox right now

• Got mine!!!

Comment

• Maybe those mentioned by coach on the current team as not "buying in" will have a chance to see and hear about what "buying in" on HCGM's teams will get you and where it can take you.

Comment

• I might have to make the trip back just to see this.

Comment

• that's it?

Comment

Working...
                          X