• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
    What was announced?
    Nothing.
    The Assman

Comment

Comment

yawn. I like the Ovaltine announcement better.

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
          What was announced?

Comment

Cool albeit underwhelming considering the pre-announcement.

Comment

Neat, for sure.

Not bigly.

Comment

Give me a chance to watch Shocker basketball during the slow summer months between March and October and I’ll take it. Add in the fact that the team could be like an all star roster from the past ten years (minus the NBA guys of course)? Hell yes!

TBD on who they get signed up but I’m pretty stoked.

Comment

tickets are on sale at Goshockers already

Comment

How can y’all be shocker fans and not be excited for this? Were yall really expecting the return of football or a renovation of Koch Arena, stop being Debby downers.
                    Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• AndShock
                      AndShock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The team was already public knowledge. The only thing we learned is that they’re playing in Koch Arena. Not sure that info required a press conference with the Associate AD, Vice Mayor, and a pre-release teaser.

• Rocky Mountain Shock
                      Rocky Mountain Shock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I am excited. I think it's really cool. I might even fly back to catch the game(s). It's just not a "big" announcement worthy of the hype it was given.

Much like the new baseball stadium, this is an example of how local leadership thinks small, which is frustrating for those of us whose perspective allows for a different context in some matters.

• shoxrox89
                      shoxrox89 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Really, what does the announcement hurt? Honestly I don’t think your casual fan would know much about this, it’s shocker basketball in July I’ll take it!

I'll love watching whoever the team fields, I'm sure. But does anybody know if NBA contracts prevent Fred and Landry from playing in things like this during the offseason (assuming their season is done by the time this tournament takes place, I don't know the dates)? Would love to watch Fred and Landry play together in this.

Comment

• martymoose
                      martymoose commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Players with NBA contracts are not eligible.

It is really cool!
                    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Frankamp Early Cotton Ragland mentioned

Comment

Bought my 108 Row 3 tickets!. 105 a ticket for 6 games isn't bad at all

Comment

It's cool... and yes, I'm a little bit excited... but was expecting more...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• pie n eye
                            pie n eye commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Just curious what could they have announced that would have met or exceeded your expectations?

• WstateU
                            WstateU commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Good question! I suspected with the VisitWichita connection, it would be this tournament or maybe a revolving tournament with some regional teams that want to play at IBA (anticipating they'd be playing there in the NCAA tournament). I'm actually relieved it wasn't a tournament with KU, K-State, CU, etc. Huge to me would be a university changing $100-250 million donation to WSU athletics that would include upgrades to Koch, Eck, Wilkens, Cessna, and maybe a volleyball venue... that would have moved the needle for me. Don't get me wrong, the announcement is good for Wichita State fans and the City of Wichita.

Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
                          How can y’all be shocker fans and not be excited for this? Were yall really expecting the return of football or a renovation of Koch Arena, stop being Debby downers.
                          It has really nothing to do with WSU directly, nor any of our athletic programs.

Comment

• pie n eye
                            pie n eye commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Isn’t it being hosted at Koch Arena featuring a team of ex-WSU men’s b-ballers?
                        Working...
                        X