No announcement yet.

The Basketball Tournament - Wichita Regional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing on WSU Athletics' or Visit Wichita's direct profiles, so how "huge" of an announcement can this really be?
    The Assman

Comment

Yeah, I've been wondering since the only bit I've seen was on social media, and no official ones yet.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

B E S U R E T O D R I N K Y O U R O V A L T I N E
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• WuDrWu
          WuDrWu commented
          Editing a comment
          Classic! Why do I get the rumbling feeling that this is going to be the most accurate prediction next to the like Veritas thought?

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        If they are going to go really Big then they should move this:

Unfortunately, the primary reason it is at the present location is that it was simply too BIG to move. Besides they probably wouldn't let us paint it Black and Gold. But no question about that being a BIG piece of machinery.

Comment

• Shocktoberfest
          Shocktoberfest commented
          Editing a comment
          If you have never seen Brutus in person you should stop by if in SE Kansas. It's pretty impressive. And isolated. If you're headed to Branson from Wichita, for example, it's not too far off 400. Anyway. Whatever.

• RoyalShock
          RoyalShock commented
          Editing a comment
          My dad shot some Super 8 film of Brutus in operation back in, I think, the 60s.

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          I have visited Big Brutus and I concur that is a worthwhile stop. Very interesting history. And yes its is impressive, especially from the platform at the top of the boom. Not sure if they still allow visitors to climb up to the top of the boom anymore or not. I think back in the day I visited they would but would close it off if it's too windy.

I don't recall if they had any video's of the monster in operation in their museum or not. IIRC correctly you could park 2 mini-vans in the shovel.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 28, 2019, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Well... now I'm more curious.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            Well... now I'm more curious.
            Yup. Wasn't interested in all until Taylor just said that.

Comment

Don’t fake news me bro!

Comment

Probably KU agreed to play us at intrust now that we are rebuilding

Comment

Would an NBA exhibition game involving Toronto and/or Philadelphia be considered “big?” Unless it was held at Koch, not sure why WSU Athletics would be involved...but I’ll throw that idea out there just for the heck of it.
                  78-65

Comment

Gene Stephenson offered to coach baseball for free until Butler's contract expires so the athletic department can afford to make the change?
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Don’t know. Got to do with where choo-choo go.
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.
                      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Bardo is stepping down as President and Doug Elgin is taking over. WSU to move back to that Valley with Creighton and Tulsa.

Comment

I hear they are moving the butter sculpture from the fair to on campus. They are going to use our three point shooting to keep it cold.

Comment

• Kung Wu
                            Kung Wu commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Oh no you di'n't.

Luxury suites.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• SHOCKvalue
                            SHOCKvalue commented
                            Editing a comment
                            With the help of Visit Wichita?