No announcement yet.

The Basketball Tournament - Wichita Regional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing our ticket prices to all the other locations I feel more than a little taken advantage of.

All the other locations are GA:

Syracuse - $55
    Richmond - $75
    Columbus - $55
    Salt Lake City - $36
    Lexington - $45
    Memphis - $60

Wichita - $45/$60 for bad GA tickets $75 - $300 for everything else

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose View Post
      Comparing our ticket prices to all the other locations I feel more than a little taken advantage of.

Syracuse - $55
      Richmond - $75
      Columbus - $55
      Salt Lake City - $36
      Lexington - $45
      Memphis - $60

lol what else is new?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose View Post
        Comparing our ticket prices to all the other locations I feel more than a little taken advantage of.

Syracuse - $55
        Richmond - $75
        Columbus - $55
        Salt Lake City - $36
        Lexington - $45
        Memphis - $60

But at least the concessions will be overpriced.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

It has really nothing to do with WSU directly, nor any of our athletic programs.
          I’m actually thinking the opposite. What the hell did it have to do with Visit Wichita or the mayor?

Some weird, weird stuff for what we consider to be “big” these days..
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• What a letdown, you usually want reality to at least match the hype. This was not even close. IMO, this stuff makes WSU and Wichita look small time and pathetic. It is a case of trying too hard. It feels like a shameless cash grab for WSU-ICAA. Look past the hyperbole and what you are left with is a handful of semi-pro exhibition games.

Comment

• Also keep in mind if WSU loses their first game, you now have $300 tickets to watch the Bradley vs KSU alumni teams... :good:

Comment

• pie n eye
              pie n eye commented
              Editing a comment
              If all the guys on that roster show up, you think they’re going to lose many games?

• martymoose
              martymoose commented
              Editing a comment
              pie n eye It's a single elimination tournament "many" or "any" loses it doesn't matter.

• What in the hell were you guys expecting for a mid-season announcement?

I mean, seriously. What?
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Some serious wet blankets here. Ya'll realize this is going to be the highest level of competitive basketball Wichita has seen in who knows how long? These are legit teams full of European level talent fighting it out for a solid pay day for two weeks of ball. They aren't glorified exhibitions. You think 100k plus per player depending on how it's split up among players and staff for winning the thing isn't big to them? Plus 25% of ticket sales in ICT, which I'm guessing will be pretty robust, is a nice chunk of change.

Comment

• ShockerFever
                ShockerFever commented
                Editing a comment
                Are you really that interested in the non-WSU games?

• Kung Wu
                Kung Wu commented
                Editing a comment
                Yup

• Stickboy46
                Stickboy46 commented
                Editing a comment
                Absolutely. They should be fun. Especially in the middle of the summer

I watched all the games at the NCAA tourney too while it was in town and WSU wasn't even there

• This is nothing but good for Wichita and the WSU basketball brand. Should be fun. The roster seems to be stacked with undersized guards... They need to pick up some length and some muscle downlow before the start.

Comment

• This is a cool thing, no doubt. It'll be great to see some of these guys hoop it up again in Koch. However, did it need a pre-announcement and subsequent press conference with city dignitaries for it?

Uhhhhh, no. Do you think any of these other regional hosts made this big of deal about it? I'm guessing no.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• pie n eye
                  pie n eye commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It’s supposed to be fun! Everyone I’ve talked to personally is stoked. What’s wrong with a little hype? It’s called promotion, baby!

• shoxlax
                  shoxlax commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m just happy it didn’t have anything to do with bowling....or soccer.

That is going to be a busy three weeks on campus when you consider the NBC tournament starting July 29th. When is the hotel on campus going to be done?

• Legit question: so who's the coach?

Not so legit question: how often do they practice free throws?
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• AndShock
                  AndShock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  JR Simon and Zach Bush

• Yellow Fever
                  Yellow Fever commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Legit answer: Karon Bradley

• shoxlax
                  shoxlax commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I heard Mike Cohen was coming back.

• i watched a bit of that tournament last summer on espn.. it was fun. it wasn't nba level but it was like high d-1 level.. that shocker team reads like a "best of" shocker basketball (recently). the other teams will also have noted alumni.

Comment

• Dan
                  Dan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It will be interesting to soo the Kentucky roster, as their noted alumni are in the NBA

• They feel that the attendance record will be broken very easily at Koch. There is a chance that Baker could play in this as well. Cotton, Early, Armstead, Baker and whoever else would make for a really competitive team.

Can Cotton still jump out of the gym?

Comment

• Dan
                  Dan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Shaq at center and that's a winning lineup

• Bought 6 tix mid-court, row 20ish. Can’t wait.

Comment

• I'm excited about the WSU alumni team, I think they will be fun to watch...if the city wanted to make a big deal about it, I'm fine with that too. The only thing that bothers me about this whole thing is how our fanbase is the only one getting priced gouged.

Comment

Working...
                  X