No announcement yet.

What message are we sending to possible recuits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What message are we sending to possible recruits?

Not a good one.

Recruits want to play for a winner - for a winning coach. They look to play in the best league possible surrounded by the best players possible in front of as much television as possible. At our level every player believes he's got what it takes to make the NBA.

This theory being floated that a recruit salivates over the idea of joining a broken program with a skeleton roster in exchange for unlimited playing time is made out of pure ignorance. Anybody who's ever played on a basketball team knows that everybody wants on the team that wins - the team with the best players.

That being said; recruits don't want to join a team that's stacked at every position either. Their ideal situation will be to join a nationally ranked team with opportunities to contribute right away but not expectations to shoulder any great responsibility with regard to W's until personally ready. Freshmen that come into a solid program expecting to take it over from day 1 are either The X-man (unlikely) or a player with a problem ego that will require correction a la Chance Moore.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      If my memory serves me right, X-Man didn't take it over day 1 either.

• Dave Stalwart
      Dave Stalwart commented
      Editing a comment
      Trying to decide if everything cold just said was sexual

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      OH MY!

Put me in the "Not Worried" group. GGGM has built and sustained a tournament worthy program over the years - put several major dudes (that no one ever heard of) in the NBA - and is known for turning boys into MEN.

Landry headed to the NBA and AR sticking his head in his arse are the main reasons we aren't that great this year. Plain and simple.

Recruits and their parents know this - WSU is still a great program.

I hope the guys dig deep and make a run to end the season.

Comment

The thing that is a bit of a concern is the number of recruits who said they came to WSU because they "wanted to play for a winner". HS kids are pretty much in the "what have you done lately" category and not as likely to remember that WSU was in a F4 a few years back.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Everybody needs to just stop. WSU it's a winning program, everyone knows that.

​​​​​​One year down in 8. We had an early departure of, by far, our best player. An unexpected transfer. A 4* POINT GUARD decommit. A jucot all American taking awhile to get momentum (no surprise there). Buncha long time assistants leaving.

That's not even all of it, but look at that store of events. Just chill you doom and gloomers.

Comment

Just smarter not to obsess on doomsday if you really care what “message we are sending”. ( ie. you wouldn’t be starting a thread asking what message we are sending). Maybe your next thought would be to call 3G and tell him to stop the losing because you have deduced that it is sending the wrong message. The brainwaves on here are overwhelming.

Comment

If I was a recruit I would be more impressed if the fan base showed abut more confidence and a bit less chickenshititus

Comment

I agree. This fanbase has shown itself quite quickly what it actually is. I swear there are people on here that think we're Duke. Go through EVERY MAJOR school in the country NOT a blueblood and tell me how many have a down year or two in their histories. And then after doing that, see how many of those were dealing with 3 unexpected player losses in April of the previous year.

I can't imagine how often these people panic in their personal lives. Must be exciting times for them.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

FWIW. In my small part of shockerlamd the folks I know who really care about the Shox fully expect us to be right back up top within the next year or two. We will be back. The perfect storm of last Spring plus our brutal schedule to this point are easy to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                Just smarter not to obsess on doomsday if you really care what “message we are sending”. ( ie. you wouldn’t be starting a thread asking what message we are sending). Maybe your next thought would be to call 3G and tell him to stop the losing because you have deduced that it is sending the wrong message. The brainwaves on here are overwhelming.
                7595b9.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X