No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs UConn Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may have missed something. What’s with Poor Bear? Is he permanently in the dog house or is there an injury situation?

Comment

• I’m sure SMH practices hard and is a great person but I’d prefer other players to get some of his playing time at this point in the season

Comment

• Yup—play for the future. Play the Frosh and AM. The more experience they get now, the better they will be in the future (although, a lot of these guys may not be back).

Comment

• You can't start a game 10 down when you're as fragile as we are.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Did Kennedy ever say anything about Poo not playing?

Comment

• The sun will rise again tomorrow...

funny-drunk-monkey.jpg

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I’d rather be 8-11 and be in the AAC than be 17-2 and in the Valley. We’d probably be top 1 or 2 in the valley but I’d rather suck in the AAC than be the best in the MVC.
              Shocker Alumni
              Shocker Club Soccer alumni
              Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

• Maizerunner08
                Maizerunner08 commented
                Editing a comment
                This times a million

• proshox
                proshox commented
                Editing a comment
                Hilarious.

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
              Yup—play for the future. Play the Frosh and AM. The more experience they get now, the better they will be in the future (although, a lot of these guys may not be back).
              The fact that we haven’t already done that is what has me really worried. The “playing SHJ and MM wins us games” theory just doesn’t hold water. In the meantime, team chemistry sucks, players aren’t learning our system because they are watching two guys dribble around and jack up shots, they are losing confidence while getting chewed out for doing less than our senior “stars” are and I wonder if one or two of the guys we are planning on building our future on will get disillusioned and leave.

Comment

• WichitaHawk
                WichitaHawk commented
                Editing a comment
                I think having MM start is fine but SHJ should be a Bench player not a starter. We should play our new comers with MM. Would be better than what we’re doing now!

• Box score for the UConn Huskies vs. Wichita State Shockers NCAAM game from January 26, 2019 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

Comment

• Well, we are trying to win...you just don't give up. I agree the last 5 minutes with the rookies in was a good thing. It may help develop a better identity. The newcomers need to establish themselves an identity; we can't be a team that relies so heavily on MM and SHJ - teams shut them down, and we are finished.

Comment

• "MM forced 3 or 4 shots"

Comment

• Originally posted by WUs Your Daddy View Post

The fact that we haven’t already done that is what has me really worried. The “playing SHJ and MM wins us games” theory just doesn’t hold water. In the meantime, team chemistry sucks, players aren’t learning our system because they are watching two guys dribble around and jack up shots, they are losing confidence while getting chewed out for doing less than our senior “stars” are and I wonder if one or two of the guys we are planning on building our future on will get disillusioned and leave.
                    You're spot on here though.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• It looks like this group of players is not capable of running the offense Marshall wants them to use. The points they are getting don't appear to be the result of the offense.

It also seems that Marshall doesn't know an offense that this team could run, otherwise you'd think he would put in something different,

At least we don't have to worry about some P5 school poaching Marshall any more. I believe that ship has sailed.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Well, it's clear Marshall is gonna ride his seniors til the death. So the youngins aren't gonna get to learn too much for the rest of the year. Too bad.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Maybe Austin Reaves saw this coming and made an intelligent move.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                        X