Wichita State vs UConn Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucks to lose, but I'd rather be losing to UCONN than Northern Iowa
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      Post of the night!

• Honestly thought we would come out playing better than this today. Burton looked pretty good. AM had some good plays and some head scratchers.

Comment

• I’m gonna call the coaches show and ask if we can try this idea with Ron baker
      Attached Files

Comment

• If only we wouldn’t have spotted them 10 points at the beginning off the game, we only would have lost by 10.

Comment

• Just gotta keep telling myself, it's better than the Valley.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Maizerunner08
            Maizerunner08 commented
            Editing a comment
            Silver lining and very true.

• Unacceptable week (soon to be season?) for a coach that makes this much money. Throw out all the pre loaded excuses - he doesnt look like he has control of this team, and it looks like we didnt practice all week. You dont beat or are right there will the top teams in the league and then put on the crap fest we did this week and blame it on "freshmen", "inexperience", etc. It is obvious this team is not in the same book, let alone the same page.

Comment

• This is what happens when you dont have any off nights in terms of schedule.

Say all you want about UConn. But they are better than anyone in the Valley.

This was a bad year to have the schedule we have had. This is what we signed up for. I still think we will be back eventually.

I DEFINITELY dont think we are headed to 90's bad.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Only 8 turnovers and KU got beat as well. Improvement.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• We are not very well coached

Comment

• Dave Stalwart
                  Dave Stalwart commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Did you see my posts?

• pinstripers
                  pinstripers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  it was too obvious?

• Teddy Graham
                  Teddy Graham commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ummm, 3G is the best head coach in the history of two different basketball programs. To be gentle, I think you are not appreciating how difficult the move to D1 basketball can be for new players. Don't confuse poor execution with poor coaching. Our 4 new guards (all of whom play a ton of minutes) 3pt %'s range from are 6.7, 20.0, 25.3, and 30.6. I like all of those new players, and I really like that their shot selection is typically pretty good, but coach can't shoot the ball for them. There is more to basketball than the 3pt shot, but I am confident that those %'s are well below what they did last year. There is a reason that freshmen normally don't play a lot.

• It's now to the point of just using the rest of this season for the future.
                The less we see of SHJ, the better. If he gets over 12 minutes a game, dis on HCGM. He brings nothing and is not close to AAC level.

AM is going to have his place on this team. He essentially showed up on campus with very little upper level instruction and is learning on the fly. Yes, his foot speed equates to plodding, but there will be match ups and situations where he can make significant contributions.

I only enjoyed watching the last 5 minutes when it was AM and 4 Frosh on the floor. They played hard and didn't give the slightest hint of quitting.

There is more to spew out here, but I need a snort and that takes priority.

That is all.
                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  We are not very well coached
                  Then go coach em up, big boy
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I am pleased with the play of Burton, Midtgaard. I might even through Stevenson in there since he avoided the dumb fouls.

Dennis and Udeze were Ok, Brown hustled and got some rebounds.

McDuffie, Haynes-Jones, Echenique and Torres get an F.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                      It's now to the point of just using the rest of this season for the future.
                      The less we see of SHJ, the better. If he gets over 12 minutes a game, dis on HCGM. He brings nothing and is not close to AAC level.

AM is going to have his place on this team. He essentially showed up on campus with very little upper level instruction and is learning on the fly. Yes, his foot speed equates to plodding, but there will be match ups and situations where he can make significant contributions.

I only enjoyed watching the last 5 minutes when it was AM and 4 Frosh on the floor. They played hard and didn't give the slightest hint of quitting.

There is more to spew out here, but I need a snort and that takes priority.

That is all.
                      I totally agree. The last 5 minutes we held our own and it was actually not terrible to watch. We should be playing for the future at this point. Might even help team chemistry.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I totally agree. The last 5 minutes we held our own and it was actually not terrible to watch. We should be playing for the future at this point. Might even help team chemistry.
                        Yup!
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• We scored 30+ the second half... digging for positives.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                          X