No announcement yet.

Future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really don't want any of these guys to transfer out. Torres has a spot on this team. Marshall likes how he runs the offense. He has a nice mid range shot, his three point shot will eventually fall, hopefully. Without Rickey we will have one guy next year with D1 experience at the point. Fernandez is supposed to be a playmaker, but I don't think will be an immediate impact guy, and Etienne says he would be better playing the 2 spot.

Rod Brown has played behind McDuffie for most the season so his minutes have been limited. But, when he does get time he usually takes a pretty big defensive role. He rebounds the ball well. Needs to work on his game offensively, but he's usually making the right cuts when he needs to.

IPBC is the only other guy I think might transfer, but we've seen his impact in his very limited minutes.

I know a lot of people are worried about our offense, but this young team has the 70th ranked defense in the country according to KenPom. Last year's team finished at 111. We've seen the freshman's offense pick up over the last ten games, and we add Teddy Allen next year.

Comment

• Topshock
      Topshock commented
      Editing a comment
      GM always shaving.

• I look for a DD explosion next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
      I know a lot of people are worried about our offense, but this young team has the 70th ranked defense in the country according to KenPom. Last year's team finished at 111. We've seen the freshman's offense pick up over the last ten games, and we add Teddy Allen next year.
      Gregg, himself said last night after the game that we had a good game with rebounds, turnovers, ect. ect. ect. But before he said that, he mentioned that we had ANOTHER night where our offense wasn't efficient (in other words, we shot like crap). He is obviously wanting to get enough good shooters and other offensive skills that he has multiple options to get our offense to where we can compete for Championships and be relevant nationally again.

Memphis is getting some recruiting shots in the arm. Cincy will be Cincy again, Houston will be good, UCONN is recruiting better, UCF should still have some good players and is having a nice recruiting class, South Florida is improving, and Temple should continue to be good. This conference is getting better and if we want to be what we have been in the past, we can't still on our past laurels. We have to get better players too.

Comment

• 2-3 players out wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.

Sherfield is an obvious add, if it can happen. The other spots would be great for JUCOS (that former LSU kid) or perhaps even a grad transfer.
        The Assman

Comment

• Frankly, I am thrilled with the job Burton has performed at PG. The position should be his unless someone new beats him out. Eric brings a lot of energy and is an excellent passer, but he has got to get over his shooting jitters prior to taking over as our SG. Totally agree, we need a PF.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
            ShockingButTrue commented
            Editing a comment
            Udeze? He's active around the glass.

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
          Frankly, I am thrilled with the job Burton has performed at PG. The position should be his unless someone new beats him out. Eric brings a lot of energy and is an excellent passer, but he has got to get over his shooting jitters prior to taking over as our SG. Totally agree, we need a PF.
          Nobody is losing a spot. GM likes to have depth and play 10 players (sometimes 11). I'm sure he is happy with JB too. JB has a lot of strengths. However, we can be better if we have more options and it also protects us from injuries, and fouls that can happen (Udeze comes to mind, and we have needed 3 Centers most games) anytime during a season. If JB decides to return, he will play lots of minutes again. I can see us not having players with 35 minutes and that would be ideal. McDuffie has been playing 37 minutes on occasion and that should never happen imo. 25 minutes is just about right for our best players and usually 20-25 minutes is going to happen.

Comment

• Burton's shot has gotten better throughout the year. I imagine that will be his primary focus this summer. I expect a big leap from him. Getting him to even be just a mid 30's% 3 point shooter, would be HUGE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              Burton's shot has gotten better throughout the year. I imagine that will be his primary focus this summer. I expect a big leap from him. Getting him to even be just a mid 30's% 3 point shooter, would be HUGE.
              Optimism. Hmm that’s a different take that has been unlike you this year. :)

Comment

• You know its funny, when you go back and read comments from the yellow and black scrimmage thread (October 2018) and you see things like:

"Well then he's gonna be one of the guys on a 16-14 team."

You can go back and read for yourself, but I just thought it funny at how (at the time) 16-14 seemed like, ughh, what a bad year that would be, and now, holy crap, we're 16-14! :poster_shocks:

At least I correctly predicted Burton would be our main point guard. :p
                I was also spot on when I said positions 2-5 "I have no idea." :angel:

Comment

• I just want to see Burton stop being scared to shoot it and let it fly.

Comment

• Shocktoberfest
                    Shocktoberfest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He needs to develop a quicker release. It’s way too slow. Shamet loops need to be playing at his pad all Summer.

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  Burton's shot has gotten better throughout the year. I imagine that will be his primary focus this summer. I expect a big leap from him. Getting him to even be just a mid 30's% 3 point shooter, would be HUGE.
                  Burton missed his first 6 3pt shots of the season. Since then, he has shot .333. For him to improve to .340-.360 is not a leap.

Comment

• I keep forgetting about having Allen next year.... I will still advise on having no expectations, which will make the run much more fun to experience.

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                      I really don't want any of these guys to transfer out. Torres has a spot on this team. Marshall likes how he runs the offense. He has a nice mid range shot, his three point shot will eventually fall, hopefully. Without Rickey we will have one guy next year with D1 experience at the point. Fernandez is supposed to be a playmaker, but I don't think will be an immediate impact guy, and Etienne says he would be better playing the 2 spot.

Rod Brown has played behind McDuffie for most the season so his minutes have been limited. But, when he does get time he usually takes a pretty big defensive role. He rebounds the ball well. Needs to work on his game offensively, but he's usually making the right cuts when he needs to.

IPBC is the only other guy I think might transfer, but we've seen his impact in his very limited minutes.

If WSU Doesn’t upgrade the roster then it’s a road to nowhere and will waste basketball careers and 3G’s chances of going back to the Final Four. It’s not an option. It has to be done.

Comment

• pie n eye
                        pie n eye commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That’s like your opinion man.

• pinstripers
                        pinstripers commented
                        Editing a comment
                        sounds more like a fact

• Dexter Dennis 28/60 since the UCF game from 3. Almost 47%. Still over 43% in all of the conference games.

Yes, have some.

Comment

• One thing that hasn't been discussed a whole lot is just how good a rebounder Dexter Dennis is. His last few games he's averaged something like 12 points and 9 rebounds as a guard, and his 13 rebounds is highest I can remember for freshman at any position or for any Marshal era guard.

I think Dennis could be the ultra rare player that averages a double-double if he keeps improving, and to get that from a 6-5 guard is just incredible. I see him as a 16&8 type player for us next year.

Comment

• WstateU
                        WstateU commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not trying to compare Dex to Xavier McDaniel; different kind of player. Dex does have a similar nose for the ball.
                    Working...
                    X