No announcement yet.

Future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Let's not forget Chance Moore couldn't get minutes behind Stephenson-Burton-Dennis. He got a freaking Pac 12 gig at Washington St.

Comment

• shoxrox89
        shoxrox89 commented
        Editing a comment
        You don’t play defense you don’t play, that’s how we get final 4 and undefeated seasons.

• Topshock
        Topshock commented
        Editing a comment
        Washington St seems to be a good fit for him as they don't play defense either.

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Just think if Clevin Hannah or Joe Ragland had to learn the PG system with a ton of noob teammates and against the 11th toughest schedule in the country -- they would not have looked strong by the end of their junior seasons, but they still would have had solid senior campaigns.

I have hope for Torres to have a decent year next year, and that would make a big difference in the outcome next year.
      I am with you on this issue with Torres. I am not giving up on him and I hope he tries to stay positive this year. Reading the story in the newspaper about him he does not seem like a quitter but instead a fighter. Keep grinding.

Comment

• 60Shock
        60Shock commented
        Editing a comment
        I too have hope for Torres as he and SHJ are virtually our only two guys who anymore even make an attempt to take the ball to the rim.

• pie n eye
        pie n eye commented
        Editing a comment
        Burton too from time to time.

• another shocker
        another shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        torres will be ok once he settles in. no doubt. but 2-30 from behind the arc? damn.. he needs all the game time he can get (catch-22).

Originally posted by ShockerNut2012 View Post
      Without starting specific rumors, I think some news will be coming out soon that won't be a big help to our future. Will be interesting to see if anyone doesn't play tomorrow or in upcoming games.
      Waiting for this

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Waiting for this
        It could be something injury related. Been wondering about Udeze since we found out about his shoulder separation.

Comment

Welp I guess Dexter's transferring.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• choida
            choida commented
            Editing a comment
            Joke or what does this relate to?

• ShockerFever
            ShockerFever commented
            Editing a comment
            Read post #78. I assumed since Dennis wasn't starting that this is who he was referring to. Now it appears it's IPBC.

Ok, so Chandler's transferring.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Folks were strongly considering it, but reality to set in. Transferring now makes no sense for a player. Might as well get experience and show your game.

Comment

Whatever it is, it's Chandler

Comment

Will not miss SHJ. Good kid, bad baller.

Comment

I think the next few seasons will be very important for this program. Our bare cupboards need to be filled with development or recruiting, or we will simply field this same roster minus our only consistent scorer. Let me be clear: no one else on the roster consistently plays at a D1 level. We don't have a single lockdown defender and barely present a threat either in the paint or from deep. But this year, that all sort of comes back to the offseason.

Next season, our freshmen will be sophomores and Marshall will have had another year to recruit out of the AAC. We should get back on track. If we don't make strides towards being a competitive team, it would mean that the departures of our assistant coaches hit the program far more deeply than expected and that would in turn reflect badly on the head coach. Remember, three of our old assistant coaches are fielding teams better than this one. I don't know if it is reasonable to expect a return to NCAA contention, but at the very least we should be inching that way. The only other thing I can see happening is a dramatic fall as we replace McDuffie with more empty minutes.

If we don't compete for the NCAA the season after that ... I believe Chris Jans or Steve Forbes will receive serious consideration for being the next Wichita State head coach. I don't think that is likely to happen, but we simply don't know what to expect from our current roster. We've never had to turn to freshmen like this and don't know how they will develop.

Comment

Chris Jans & Greg Heiar were important... Never forget

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      The inability to pass into the post is a definite problem. I just have to believe if the coaches were beating it down to them to do it, they'd do it. So I'm not sure where the blame goes there. But I dunno how many times I've seen our guards stare down an open big who's actively calling for the ball and they just simply ignore them.
                      This was also a problem when Joe Ragland was our point. There was a lot of debate if Rags hated Stutz because he would blatantly not pass him the ball.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

For the future, we have to improve. Pretty straight forward. That means that we either need better players or the players we have need to get better.

Two glaring weeknesses on this team, our bigs don’t have offensive skills outside of injured JE and doghouse IPBC, and our outside shooters can’t shoot.

I really like like the three freshman guards. Stephenson, in particular, needs to hit at better than a 35% clip from deep.

I really like the potential of MU, AM, and IPBC, but they are all in the same early phase of development and I’m not sure we have room for all three of them to develop for multiple years and be ready to play for one.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• shoxlax
                          shoxlax commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Very fair assessment wufan

As I have said before the future is fine. 1, 2 or 3 players off this team will be replaced with more promising players. Add TA and those already recruited to the promising players left from this team and next year will be much better and the next year even better.
                        Last edited by Topshock; January 27, 2019, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X