No announcement yet.

McDuffie Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be my last post on this thread. It is an MM appreciation thread and I do appreciate all
    that he has done here in his career. There have been several good counter opinions to mine here
    and I respect the opinions of most posters who are clearly WSU fans. MM is a very good shooter
    and well above average basketball player - I just pointed out a a couple weaknesses which IMHO
    are court awareness ( 22 assists vs 42 TO's ) and passing. He is very average on the boards and
    an outstanding defensive player when he WANTS to be. Hope he ends the season strong and helps
    the team to finish strong. He will probably play pro ball somewhere over seas and I wish the best for him !

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Why is the ball sticking on him so much?
      Gee I'm not a rocket scientist but it might have to do with him not only being the highest scorer, but by far the most effective. It should be sticking to him. The team O-rating is somewhere near 95 without Markis, Markis' O-rating is 114.4. That means every 5 shots Markis takes over the team as a whole nets us an extra point. For context the difference between 114 and 95 points per 100 is the difference between the 15th best offense and the 322nd... So yeah the ball should stick to Markis.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post

Gee I'm not a rocket scientist but it might have to do with him not only being the highest scorer, but by far the most effective. It should be sticking to him. The team O-rating is somewhere near 95 without Markis, Markis' O-rating is 114.4. That means every 5 shots Markis takes over the team as a whole nets us an extra point. For context the difference between 114 and 95 points per 100 is the difference between the 15th best offense and the 322nd... So yeah the ball should stick to Markis.
        Some good team basketball there. That’s what separated us from everyone else. For every good shot he takes, he takes 2 bad ones. Do you think that’s a winning philosophy?

MM can score but he isn’t well-rounded everywhere else. And that is the argument.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Some good team basketball there. That’s what separated us from everyone else. For every good shot he takes, he takes 2 bad ones. Do you think that’s a winning philosophy?

MM can score but he isn’t well-rounded everywhere else. And that is the argument.
          You do understand Markis' "bad shots" are calculated in right? I think a winning philosophy is when you have a player scoring .2 points per possession more than the team you get him as many shots as you can no matter if they are "bad" shots. You do get that a bad shot from him leads to more points than an average shot from anyone else right? Unless someone is WIDE open complaining about his shot selection is about dumb as dirt. And isn't well rounded? Do you pay attention to his defense? And no I don't mean just on the ball. Watch how he works off the ball, denying passing lanes, covering for scrambles when the freshman are out of place.

What I find amusing is you prefer attacking likely the best season performance by a Shocker in the Marshall era rather than God forbid admit you were wrong. When his performance on the court proves you wrong, you then contort to oh he's a bad teammate, he doesn't help others up. When you start to notice he actually does, oh well that's new and he's not getting enough assists. Now that I'm pointing out no one can make a damn shot for him to get an assist, what will you turn to next?

Comment

How often do we dish it to guys who are wide open? Probably not often enough?

lol at best season performance in the Marshall Era. I hope that was just a misused term for scoring average.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

How often do we dish it to guys who are wide open? Probably not often enough?

lol at best season performance in the Marshall Era. I hope that was just a misused term for scoring average.
              Pivot, pivot, pivot. You are good at that.

Not only that he's going to be 1st team all AAC, a tough conference full of talent. And he'll do that without one single teammate who will earn any conference accolades of any note. Yeah not a joke.

Comment

Alright let’s hang a banner.

Youre trying to make me out to someone who hates him or doesn’t think he adds value to the team. Incorrect but keep up the good fight.

You get mad at me for being overly critical when you go the other direction and act like he’s this flawless, first round draft pick that can do no wrong.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

A pleasure to not be exposed to Fever's constant negative drivel.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                    A pleasure to not be exposed to Fever's constant negative drivel.
                    But still worthy of posting about.

The ignore button is working well, about as well as it does with WSUWatcher. You’re in elite company.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

But still worthy of posting about.

The ignore button is working well, about as well as it does with WSUWatcher. You’re in elite company.
                      How can you ignore Shock he is obviously and expert, I assume he is a head coach or a world class analyst. He can't be wrong thank God he keeps us all grounded a true expert!!! A true leader among us boys.

Just click on his name and see all his positive posts. I think GM should hire him so we will go undefeated for the next decade or so since he has all the flaws pinned down, and all the solutions as well.

McDuffie is doing an amazing job! Period! And ShockFever is more like a feverblister (Idiot).

Comment

• Originally posted by lmor1971 View Post

How can you ignore Shock he is obviously and expert, I assume he is a head coach or a world class analyst. He can't be wrong thank God he keeps us all grounded a true expert!!! A true leader among us boys.

Just click on his name and see all his positive posts. I think GM should hire him so we will go undefeated for the next decade or so since he has all the flaws pinned down, and all the solutions as well.

McDuffie is doing an amazing job! Period! And ShockFever is more like a feverblister (Idiot).
                        Triggered.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

He won't even be in Marshall's top 10.

T

...:cool:
                          He is definitely in Marshall's top-10. My personal top-Marshall players are 1) Fred 2) Barker 3) Murry 4) Cotton 5) Shamet 6) Markis 7) Stutz 8) Hall 9) Ragland 10) Armstead.

Honorable Mention: Morris, Durley, Hannah, Frankamp, Durley.

I probably am missing one, or two.

Comment

• proshox
                            proshox commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Early

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

He is definitely in Marshall's top-10. My personal top-Marshall players are 1) Fred 2) Barker 3) Murry 4) Cotton 5) Shamet 6) Markis 7) Stutz 8) Hall 9) Ragland 10) Armstead.

Honorable Mention: Morris, Durley, Hannah, Frankamp, Durley.

I probably am missing one, or two.
                          Thanks Proshox, oversight on Early. I put him at number 3.

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised if Ramon Clemente would be mentioned by Gregg. And even though it was just one year, perhaps PJ as well. But Ramon especially, he was all Gregg.

Comment

• pie n eye
                            pie n eye commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hatch could shoot too. Wasn’t he MVP on the NIT championship team? Pretty cool story, too bad we don’t see him around that often.

• Shocktoberfest
                            Shocktoberfest commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Gonna start a Graham Hatch thread. Nah! But how 'bout the 2 HUGE 3 pointers in a row in the NIT in NYC by Hatch to hammer that game shut against Alabama? That was Suhweeeeet!
                            Last edited by Shocktoberfest; February 20, 2019, 12:22 PM.

• ABC
                            ABC commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Don't let ShockRef know about your plans with Hatch.

• I would bet he's put Cotton number 1...but loved me some Clemente as well.....

Comment

• WstateU
                            WstateU commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I highly appreciate MM; unfortunately, we're getting a little off track... :)

This is always my go-to pick-me-upper...
                            Last edited by WstateU; February 20, 2019, 01:29 PM.

• Dan
                            Dan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Wessel's career coincided with Fred and Ron, but please do not put him in the same category as them, or Cotton for that matter. The guy could hustle, but he was not near he same level talent wise.

• Shockm
                            Shockm commented
                            Editing a comment
                            But Gregg puts a high premium on players who get loose balls and play with all out effort. This may be how he looks at players more than if they compete in European ball which describes Cotton.
                        Working...
                        X