No announcement yet.

McDuffie Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you guys are onto something. It’s a conspiracy. The other teams let MM (and SHJ too) score so that we don’t play team ball and they win. Our coaches may be in on it too because they don’t tell them to pass the ball. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      I think you guys are onto something. It’s a conspiracy. The other teams let MM (and SHJ too) score so that we don’t play team ball and they win. Our coaches may be in on it too because they don’t tell them to pass the ball. LOL
      How are our assist numbers, genius?

Any drop offs from previous years?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I really feel the two seniors would take fewer shots and definitely fewer bad forced shots if someone else would step up. I think they will. Will it be Jaime, Eric or Dex?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Are you a fan or a troll? Honestly your post are pethatic. You criticizes constantly I honestly dont get what your motivation is? MM having an all conference year but you refuse to acknowledge it.....hear comes the next negative post. In 10, 9, 8, 7.....

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You are smart. You’ve mentioned all of the reasons for our lack of passing. It’s not because we have Freshmen who lack experience. It’s our coaches who conspire against us and don’t tell our players to pass the ball. And other teams who don’t guard MM. In this case, I think Jcdshocker is closest when he says that our inexperienced players aren’t ready to step up and take shots when they are necessary. At the end of clock, when they should try to make a play, they often pass the ball and we end up with bad shots.

Comment

Originally posted by lmor1971 View Post

Are you a fan or a troll? Honestly your post are pethatic. You criticizes constantly I honestly dont get what your motivation is? MM having an all conference year but you refuse to acknowledge it.....hear comes the next negative post. In 10, 9, 8, 7.....
              I honestly can't respond to that abomination of a post.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• lmor1971
                lmor1971 commented
                Editing a comment
                There it is. Give me something positive you see and I will go away...

Not sure if it’s been mentioned elsewhere, but McD is now in the top 25 scorers all time

Comment

McD is a straight up stud. We are lucky to have him!
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

McDuffie will be severely under-rated as a Shocker stud for the next handful of years, but as fans look back at the completed Marshall era he will be one of the highest regarded players of the time.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

I judge players by over all performance not just scoring ability. I commented more than once that
                    when MM is ACTIVE playing defense and hitting the boards he is very VERY good. The problem I
                    have always had with him is that he isn't active all the time. Zero rebounds the other night was an
                    indication that he wasn't very active. The other fault I have is his low assist number which is an
                    indicator he either has poor court vision/awareness or he is simply unwilling to make passes he should
                    be making. Every time he gets double teamed he should be finding and passing to the man left open
                    or anyone else that has broken open. He is a great shooter and offensive player, a good defender when
                    he wants to be, a below average board guy for his size and length and lacks court awareness too often.
                    Will he be missed next year? SURE, but TA and Gordon are going to be pretty good also.

Comment

• Jhook89
                      Jhook89 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      He’s averaging essentially 5 rpg. While not elite by any stretch of the imagination, I’d actually say he is a pretty good rebounder, especially for how rail thin his is. Seriously though, how are his legs still THAT skinny after 4 years in the program haha

McDuffie has made a bunch of huge shots this year. As others have stated he’s at his best when hits the offensive boards, gets to the line, and D’s up. I have nothing but respect for what McDuffie has done this year.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      McDuffie will be severely under-rated as a Shocker stud for the next handful of years, but as fans look back at the completed Marshall era he will be one of the highest regarded players of the time.
                      He won't even be in Marshall's top 10.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Not so sure.

Huge freshman season, better sophomore year (good at everything and really a plus defender), junior year he played out of position (when it comes to American Competition yet he beat SMU by himself), now he is putting up insane numbers with a surrounding group that isn’t ready for prime time. Furthermore, he is doing this against better competition than Fred, Ron, and Cleanthony ever saw in a regular season.

The list is clearly - Cotton, Vanvleet, Fred, Cleanthony... McDuffie has as strong a case for the fifth spot as anybody else.

Comment

• ShockerFever
                          ShockerFever commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Fail.

• Shocktoberfest
                          Shocktoberfest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Fred is so good he's on there twice! Nice!

• proshox
                          proshox commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Good catch - Baker is third!

McDuffie is a terrific player. His decision making has been suspect the past two years really. Sophomore year McDuffie looked like the breakout best player for Marshall ever. Maybe the ghost of Fred was still around.

It is without.a doubt that we would have won fewer games without him this year. We are trying to win games now, not tank for a high draft pick and go for a full on youth movement. He gives us our best chance to win night in night out.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

While McDuffie has been solid for us, KenPom says only solid.

With a 26% Possession Usage, he is not Top 100 in players with least 20% Poss in Offensive Rating.

Markis McDuffie: 26.0% Poss, 111.2 ORtg, 5th in American for players with at least 24% Poss
                          Jarron Cumberland: 30.5% Poss, 113.4 ORtg, 2nd in American in that category

Not hating on McDuffie, just throwing out some analytics for discussion.

Comment

• proshox
                            proshox commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Life is really hard when you are surrounded by sub 30% shooters.
                        Working...
                        X