No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Cincinnati Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMO 3G was over the top all afternoon with his behavior. As a 50 year old man you should have more control of your emotions than that. Getting a T, which 3G deserved, severely hurt the team. There was no where near enough time left for a T to fire up his team and make a difference at that point. This game had more to do with our players making stupid plays and their players making big shots down the stretch than the refs.

All that being said, I believe it all stems from how much 3G cares and wants to win. He wanted to beat Cinci sooooo bad. I love him for that. We just went toe to toe with an extremely good team and looked them straight in the eyes for 37 min of that game. We are close my friends.

Comment

• bleednblackngold
      bleednblackngold commented
      Editing a comment
      His team was getting screwed. That’s what you do. Should he have sat down and smiled? Smh

• Jhook89
      Jhook89 commented
      Editing a comment
      There is quite the wide range between having to be held back from going after a ref and sitting down and smiling...

• im4wsu
      im4wsu commented
      Editing a comment
      Jhook89 "There is quite the wide range between having to be held back from going after a ref and sitting down and smiling..."

So Hook, what is the proper decorum? What would you not criticize if Marshall had done. Please do not take this isolated incident out of the context of the entire game when offering your infinite-wisdom answer to my question.

• Originally posted by Good News View Post

1. I welcome correction or modification from someone at the game, particularly sitting on that baseline because the TV coverage was pretty poor on the ES technical. They were cutting away to other highlights or switched cameras right at the moment that would have explained the tech. However, later in the game they did show a wide angle replay where ES gave a nice solid foul on the player and then took two steps directly toward him to chest up and get in the face of a player that appeared to be minding his own business. That to me was what earned the tech, because it was a move that you can’t allow players to do and still control the game as a ref. It appeared that he wasn’t T’d until a few seconds after that, but that’s what I thought earned it. Some people are saying things about a push, words, etc. that I couldn’t see and may change it. But the foul and immediate move to face up looked like a red flag to me.
    I wasn't there but I'm pretty sure Cumblerland initiated the verbal engagement after the ES foul. It was the classic case of ES then reacting that comment with one of his own. ES didn't just chest up the guy and get into his face unprovoked.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Good News
      Good News commented
      Editing a comment
      The sequence I’m referring to occurred literally at and in the 1-3 seconds after the play and the whistle. There was no time for talk, shoving, anything. Play was on, ES took a good swipe (no issue with that), and then took two steps toward the baseline and got in his face. The guy could have been saying something to him, but if he did he was doing it while not looking him in the eye. And he then did a good job of drawing the refs attention with a “somebody get this guy away from me” move with arms outstretched. If you recorded the game, they showed the replay with the angle I’m talking about during the technical foul shots.

• Good News
      Good News commented
      Editing a comment
      5:18 left in the 2nd half if you’re looking for it in a recording.

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    Security now talking down Shocker fans in the row BEHIND the out of control Cincy fans.
    Not sure when you posted this, but security was all over the thing well after the arena was mostly empty when a row of Cincy fans (NOT ALL MIND YOU, just about 8 or so) were about half a second from a full on brawl. I'm guessing they would have pummeled the few Shocker fans that were "in it" with them, and then it would have been a bloody rock fight with the remaining 500 or so Shocker fans still in the area. Thank goodness Security was able to break up that very unfortunate exchange.

Comment

• wusphlash
      wusphlash commented
      Editing a comment
      Cincinnati Redbirds?

• SHOCKvalue
      SHOCKvalue commented
      Editing a comment
      Posted that basically at the buzzer. Got out of there pretty quick after the final.

Unusual behavior for sure.

• I'm sure we lost because the National Anthem was played 15 minutes ahead of time. Whassup with that? Who dictates that? Even the players weren't aware until the coaches pulled them away from the foul line for the anthem that wasn't to be played. Any idea what the reason was for that?
    If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• wusphlash
      wusphlash commented
      Editing a comment
      We were speculating that CBS wanted that done so they could jump right into the action when they switched from Geogia/Florida.

• Get real-time COLLEGEBASKETBALL basketball coverage and scores as Cincinnati Bearcats takes on Wichita State Shockers. We bring you the latest game previews, live stats, and recaps on CBSSports.com

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      Well, at least one other person saw what I saw on replay. THEIR center shoved ES first. Technical should have
      been called right THEN on their center. ES backed up ! We should have shot free throws and gotten possession NOT them ! Ball game
      Furthermore, Cumberland went out of his way to confront Stevenson. A double technical should have been called, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
        I'm sure we lost because the National Anthem was played 15 minutes ahead of time. Whassup with that? Who dictates that? Even the players weren't aware until the coaches pulled them away from the foul line for the anthem that wasn't to be played. Any idea what the reason was for that?
        It was, indeed a CBS request. And the band was also asked by the powers that be to play it faster. Ridiculous.

Comment

• Look no further for a new rival. So I guess that’s good.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            Look no further for a new rival. So I guess that’s good.
            I'm going to enjoy hating Cronin. Good coach. Asshole.
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

That's what Stevenson told Marshall. I have an incredibly strong feeling that Stevenson left one word out of what he told Marshall. That word would have come between "not" and "afraid" and will get a quick T every single time.
              If all you have is a “feeling” you should say nothing. If you “know” something, then tell us. The referees were an embarrassment in the 2nd half.

Comment

• In almost 20 years of season tickets, I don't ever remember a crowd reacting that vigorously to bad officiating. And I was one of them.

Comment

• IF ES deserved a T, the so did the Cincy Center. He put his hands on ES a mentioned earlier...the ES said something. I don't blame coach for backing his players; these guys need to play more aggressively.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I'm going to enjoy hating Cronin. Good coach. Asshole.
                    I like Cronin. Don't like his players or fans.

Comment

• Kung Wu
                      Kung Wu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I would like him too, if he were our coach. He's a good coach. And because he's not my coach -- he comes across as an asshole!

• Topshock
                      Topshock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Saw a television show on Cronin and his daughter a couple years ago. He seemed like a good person.

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I like Cronin. Don't like his players or fans.
                    I think he's a really good coach...never have understood 'hating' coaches of the opponents...just to hate...

Comment

• Kung Wu
                      Kung Wu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't do that. I only hate the assholes. Only two I can think of right off are Cronin and Frank Martin at South Carolina. Oh and Dan Muller. Can't think of any others right off.

• pinstripers
                      pinstripers commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Roy Williams. Jim Boeheim

• WstateU
                      WstateU commented
                      Editing a comment
                      https://i.imgflip.com/oqzw0.jpg

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

I think he's a really good coach...never have understood 'hating' coaches of the opponents...just to hate...
                    How about our opponents' opponents?

Dana.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X