Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShockTalk
    commented on 's reply
    I noticed particularly Cumberland, but also a few others on Cincy, were doing "baiting" at times during dead balls.

• ShockTalk
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, it was Pettigrew. From what I've seen of him so far in a few games, he's a punk of a ref. He was also the one that gave the second T to Haith and Hurley and even Adams looked very surprised. If anyone noticed, Adams also pointed at Pettigrew as he was headed across the court at one time towards Marshall to get back to where he was. On the other hand Mr. Adams, you were too quick (and wrongly done) last night with the T to ES and also too quick with the 1st T against Haith and Hurley.

• Aargh
    commented on 's reply
    the AAC office said there would be no disciplinary action taken against them for the dual ejections in UConn vs. Tulsa, but that the matter would be handled administratively.

• another shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Two of the refs in this game were on the crew that ejected Haith and Hurley a couple days ago.
    what? they weren't given a bit of time off?

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    commented on 's reply
    Wow!! F*cking Wow!! Thanks for posting. Adams and Pettigrew have had 2 bad games in a row. I hadn't read the whole thread, so I never said anything about the Tulsa/UConn game as I had watched the replay of that incident several times the night it happened. I believe this may very well be a game that was decided by the refs and incorrectly so.

• im4wsu
    replied
    Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
    I would like to see somebody with tech-savvy GIF the sequence where Gregg took his jacket off early in the game and numbnuts ref on the west sideline eyeballed Gregg walking toward the water cooler and started his trek clear across court to confront 3G. While I'd bet YOUR house that Gregg was spewing words critical of the officiating and perhaps even the character (or lack thereof) of the officials, clearly this ref could not have heard precisely what Gregg was saying nor could this particular ref have been addressed specifically by Gregg at that point.

I'm not sure if it was the same incident, but at one point the ref and Gregg were "chatting" just in front of the north end of the bench and the ref kept stepping six-inches at a time toward the clock operator's position and when Gregg got to the north line of the coaches box, the ref looks down at Gregg's feet, My judgement was the ref was baiting Gregg to T him up.
    Maybe this was after the fould on Dennis at 15:10 of the first half. Memory and old age do not synchronize very well.

Leave a comment:

• ABC
    replied
    I don't understand the T on ES. That kind of jawing happens all game, every game.

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    My original thought was that Stevenson had said one of the magic words. There was no other way that a T could be called that quickly in that situation. It's been reported (I think I saw a confirming tweet) hat Jeffrey Parsons was standing right beside the confrontation and that Stevenson's exact words were "I'm not afraid of you" followed by the T.

Stevenson says he didn't use profanity. Parsons says Stevenson didn't use profanity. Makes one wonder if one of the Cincy players said the magic word in a way that convinced the ref that Stevenson said it.

Two of the refs in this game were on the crew that ejected Haith and Hurley a couple days ago.

The valley had and still has better refs than the AAC.

Leave a comment:

• flatlander
    commented on 's reply
    All three of these officiates are not good enough to work valley games. The game was
    called so one sided. I would have gone off, (on them) after just three minutes into the game (look at first three minutes). Two of these officiates just worked Cincinnati game. Maybe, that is way to soon, to do another Cincinnati game (officiate - in back to back games)?

• WstateU
    commented on 's reply
    Not sure it was the same ref (the one with a little hair?), but after a confrontation with coach Marshall, he walked over to the CBS commentators and did his best ‘Anderson Cooper’ eye roll... totally unprofessional.

• another shocker
    commented on 's reply
    you got it.

what should be said is that the script will be flipped in cincinnati

• Dan
    commented on 's reply
    We all knew this stretch of games was going to be really tough. I think we can win both of the next 2 games, but I’d be happy getting just one.

• im4wsu
    replied
    I would like to see somebody with tech-savvy GIF the sequence where Gregg took his jacket off early in the game and numbnuts ref on the west sideline eyeballed Gregg walking toward the water cooler and started his trek clear across court to confront 3G. While I'd bet YOUR house that Gregg was spewing words critical of the officiating and perhaps even the character (or lack thereof) of the officials, clearly this ref could not have heard precisely what Gregg was saying nor could this particular ref have been addressed specifically by Gregg at that point.

I'm not sure if it was the same incident, but at one point the ref and Gregg were "chatting" just in front of the north end of the bench and the ref kept stepping six-inches at a time toward the clock operator's position and when Gregg got to the north line of the coaches box, the ref looks down at Gregg's feet, My judgement was the ref was baiting Gregg to T him up.

Leave a comment:

• im4wsu
    commented on 's reply
    Jhook89 "There is quite the wide range between having to be held back from going after a ref and sitting down and smiling..."

So Hook, what is the proper decorum? What would you not criticize if Marshall had done. Please do not take this isolated incident out of the context of the entire game when offering your infinite-wisdom answer to my question.

• im4wsu
    replied
    Originally posted by 1989 View Post
    I’m disgusted by the officiating from the last two games. I’m also disgusted by both Erik and coach. You can not give them 4 free points because of your mouth in such a close game. That said, I still see the growth. We are a better team now than we were a month ago and all we can hope for in this bridge year is to see signs of progress for the future. Over the last 3 or 4 games I have seen that progress despite the results not going in our favor.
    Yet here you are, not even in the heat of battle, unable to walk away coolly, collectedly and calmly, nearly an hour after the game, and cannot control your urge to criticize a player and a coach. Glass houses best describes it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X