Cincinnati @ Wichita State Pre-Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cincinnati @ Wichita State Pre-Game Thread

"Cincinnati vs. Wichita State: Prediction, pick, odds, line, how to watch, live stream, online" - CBS SPorts

by Kyle Boone
    Posted: 01/18/19, 3:30pm cst

"The Shockers play host to the Bearcats in a big AAC battle

After a brief hiccup to start AAC play 1-1, Cincinnati has successfully maneuvered -- with a little luck and some skill -- a tricky schedule to get to 4-1 in the league and tied for first in the league standings. Since that first loss in conference play on Jan. 5, the Bearcats have been battle-tested with two overtime wins, at Tulsa and against UConn at home, and won a close one against South Florida this past week.

Now a road tilt against a perennially well-coached Wichita State team awaits on Saturday.

The Shockers aren't their usual self, limping into this game at 8-8 overall with losses in four of its last five, but Gregg Marshall and Co. remain a tough out on their home court. Their only loss in Wichita this season came in a tightly-contested overtime game against Temple two weeks ago. They head into Saturday with some long overdue momentum after taking down a really good UCF team 75-67 on Wednesday. Viewing information

• When: Saturday at 2 p.m. ET
    • Where: Charles Koch Arena in Wichita, Kansas
    • TV: CBS (Also available on CBSSports.com, CBS Sports App for Android, iOS, Roku, Fire TV and Apple TV)
    • Live stream: fuboTV (try for free)
    Game prediction, pick

Latest odds via SportsLine: Cincinnati -4

Cincy is a good team with a solid defensive identity and enough play-making on offense to be able to get the job done. But Wichita won't make this easy. I think the Shockers keep it close but fall in a close one. Pick: Cincinnati 70, Wichita State 69"

One thing that certainly went out the door with the Shocks win over UCF was any chance that the Shocks would sneak up on Cincy. Not sure there was much a chance of that anyway but now there is no chance of that happening. Shocks need to be locked and loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      One thing that certainly went out the door with the Shocks win over UCF was any chance that the Shocks would sneak up on Cincy. Not sure there was much a chance of that anyway but now there is no chance of that happening. Shocks need to be locked and loaded.
      Cincy has already been ECU'ed.

Comment

WSU 66 Cin 65 Knock on wood
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

The Angry Leprechaun = 69
          Play Angry is Back! = 75

Go Shockers!!!

:mad::ranting2::yahoo:

Comment

Usually try to get there way ahead of time, gonna be about tip-off tomorrow.

Comment

• choida
              choida commented
              Editing a comment
              Gonna drink beer tomorrow. Maybe a dump eventually.

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Usually try to get there way ahead of time, gonna be about tip-off tomorrow.
            We all appreciate that nugget.

Thanks.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

JE gets three blocks and DD gets two dunks. MM scores 24

Comment

KFH interview with AM... good stuff!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• WuDrWu
                  WuDrWu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Plus you get the correct pronunciation of his name. Bob seems to think it will get him all the girls.

First chance to prove Wednesday wasn’t just an Evansville.

Comment

Hornets NEST like BIG-TIME - 71
                  Respected Great Program -70

Good guys WIN!!!!!
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    KFH interview with AM... good stuff!

You are right. That was great. I love hearing the big guy talk. I wonder if Mike Kennedy and others will try and learn how to pronounce his name the way he does. (So Cool) Asbjorn said he still trying to improve his footwork. Somebody else said it earlier but do you think his taking balaad or a dance class this summer would help him? If I remember correctly I thought Paul Miller did something like that. I could be wrong but that's my best recollection.

Comment

Miller went to big man camp... Which might help hAM

Comment

Yeah, I think Miller took ballet. Not the only big man to do it, either

Comment

With the W against UCF, there's reason for hope. With the expectation that a young team will be up and down, there's a reason to not be too disappointed with a L.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                        X