Wichita State vs UCF Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
    I SURE WISH these CBSSports games we REPLAYED somewhere to rewatch!!!!!
    Do yourself a favor and cut your cable and get Youtube TV. You can record the games on there to watch anytime.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Shocktoberfest
      Shocktoberfest commented
      Editing a comment
      Direct TV Now is pretty dope, too. For the record. But yes. Diggin not having the cable. I have all of the games this year saved on the direct tv now library. It's really pretty sweet. And much cheaper than cable.

You're welcome Direct TV Now marketing.

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      I've had DirectTV now for a couple of years. Got in on an early introductory offer which game me their first 2 tiers of programming for the normal price of the 1st tier. Locked in at $35 a month as long as I don't cancel my subscription which I can do at any time.

Between that and our free Digital TV Antenna programs plus a NetFlix account and we get all the entertainment we want. You get a lot of Classic TV and syndication on the free digital antenna progamming. Stuff like Maverick, Have Gun Will Travel, The Rifelman, Bonanza, a lot of old movies. We actually watch it quite a bit. My wife in particular seems to like the older stuff. Have gotten the value our $80 one-time investment (cost of the antenna) back many times over.

• As someone who keeps a close watch on local media, was amazed to see KSN not attend or cover last night's game. What the he'll?

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably in Norman.

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    I was especially happy for the way Burton played. I’ve been really critical of him this year with his ball handling, decision making, slow movement of the offense, bad shooting, etc. Last night he proved that there is a real point guard in that big body. This is a huge revelation because it’s our biggest concern going into next season. If we can lean on Jamarius to be the mentor PG to the new guys, it might give us an opportunity to redshirt the ultra thin Fernandez. I hope he continues to grow in this role from here, it was awesome to see.
    First I agree with your assessment on JB. But you and I have talked about this issue on Fernandez before. I hear your concerns about the size of Fernandez, but I think he will be ok. He is a true point guard and I think we will need him to learn playing next year.

He has been told all his life that he is too small. The kid has got some mojo that you can't teach. I went back and read the articles on him. He has been working with a trainer for years. I was impressed when they said he was doing 15 squats at 275 pounds. Whether JB or RT is grooming this kid next year let him play. In my opinion he can only get better.

Comment

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope you are right. We need the next stud PG to emerge, whoever that may be.

• Originally posted by washedup View Post
    As someone who keeps a close watch on local media, was amazed to see KSN not attend or cover last night's game. What the he'll?
    Unbelievable. They posted the story below at 12:29 a.m. with Chris Arnold's byline -- but it's just a reprint of the WSU Athletics Release about the game. Great journalizing, there, Chris!

The Wichita State University men's basketball team went on a 10-3 run over the final two minutes of the game to secure a 75-67 win over the UCF Knights late Wednesday evening, Jan. 16, at Char…

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Paul Suellentrop's take:

RH: Shockers on Point to Upset Knights

The Shockers started 0-3 in the American Athletic Conference largely because of iffy play at point guard and a lack of help for seniors Markis McDuffie and Samajae Haynes-Jones.

On Wednesday, Wichita State solved those issues to defeat Central Florida 75-67 at Koch Arena to stop a four-game losing streak. The Shockers (8-8, 1-3 AAC) carved up a proud and experienced defensive team with good passing, sharp movement and good shots.

Comment

• Friend of mine works there. Said there was some people in the newsroom pretty perplexed and upset by the decision.
        Last edited by washedup; January 17, 2019, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

Unbelievable. They posted the story below at 12:29 a.m. with Chris Arnold's byline -- but it's just a reprint of the WSU Athletics Release about the game. Great journalizing, there, Chris!

The Wichita State University men's basketball team went on a 10-3 run over the final two minutes of the game to secure a 75-67 win over the UCF Knights late Wednesday evening, Jan. 16, at Char…

They are several miles away from the game. What could they have done?

Comment

• Quotables: UCF Postgame

Post-game thoughts from Coach Marshall, Markis, Asbjorn, Samajae and Coach Dawkins

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
              I try to watch the bench as much as I can during the games when at Koch 'cuz it's just so stinking entertaining. From GM to the assistants all the way down the bench. What a great crowd and great energy and great bench last night. That was so much fun! I want to look over at the bench and see who is into the game as much as the fans. I have to say, I was pumped, and relieved to see Mr. Teddy Allen cranking it up on the bench. You just never know what the real vibe is within the team about other players, but they were going nuts for AM. That is great to see.
              Did you see Teddy mop the floor during a second half timeout? Priceless.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Did you see Teddy mop the floor during a second half timeout? Priceless.

Did he have a bucket or buckets?

Comment

As someone who keeps a close watch on local media, was amazed to see KSN not attend or cover last night's game. What the he'll?
                  Pathetic AF.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

First I agree with your assessment on JB. But you and I have talked about this issue on Fernandez before. I hear your concerns about the size of Fernandez, but I think he will be ok. He is a true point guard and I think we will need him to learn playing next year.

He has been told all his life that he is too small. The kid has got some mojo that you can't teach. I went back and read the articles on him. He has been working with a trainer for years. I was impressed when they said he was doing 15 squats at 275 pounds. Whether JB or RT is grooming this kid next year let him play. In my opinion he can only get better.
                    Gee, refresh my ancient memory, but was there not a short PG who played some BB now and then for the Shockers, a few years ago, who every one kept saying he was too short, two slow, and couldn't shoot, and that he could never make it in the NBA?

How did that turn out?

Comment

• pinstripers
                      pinstripers commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sure, those guys are everywhere

• Aargh
                      Aargh commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Kind of amazing how the HS guy who was too short, too slow, and too unathletic for many serious D1 looks (until he committed to WSU) and was just barely (if at all) considered one of the top 100 HS players in his graduating class turned out to be one of the best 200 or 300 players in the entire world. I can't go with top 100 in the world yet, but he's young.

• WSUwatcher
                      WSUwatcher commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Rat own, pin -- they're a dime a dozen. Which is a good thing, because the Chickenhawks will be going after the five-digit guys via their shoe contacts, as usual under The Rug.

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post

Gee, refresh my ancient memory, but was there not a short PG who played some BB now and then for the Shockers, a few years ago, who every one kept saying he was too short, two slow, and couldn't shoot, and that he could never make it in the NBA?

How did that turn out?
                    Are you talking about my roommate, Mitch Cumstein?

Comment

Maybe they are thinking of doing away with sports coverage again? It worked out so well for them the last time.

Comment

Did he have a bucket or buckets?
                        Oh man, now that is funny!!!!!! I am going to guess that Teddy had several buckets.

Comment

Working...
                        X