No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs UCF Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tacko Fall is a novelty and not much more. One of the most overhyped players nationwide currently. Dude does what you’d expect his circus sideshow frame to do, and nothing else. Other than being a human wall and ball rejector, he’s barely a basketball player otherwise. A basketball version of GoT’s Hodor.

Meh...

Comment

• pie n eye
      pie n eye commented
      Editing a comment
      Ouch

• I really hope that AM turns a corner with this and it's not just a case of it being a perfect matchup for him.

Comment

• pie n eye
      pie n eye commented
      Editing a comment
      He played pretty well in limited minutes @ Houston so I’m gonna give him two in a row.

• ShockingButTrue
      ShockingButTrue commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice touch on the 10 footers.

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    I really hope that AM turns a corner with this and it's not just a case of it being a perfect matchup for him.
    Hopefully, it proves to be an inflection point for the entire team. Now that they have show they can do it once can they show they wash, rinse and repeat consistently?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      Tacko Fall is a novelty and not much more. One of the most overhyped players nationwide currently. Dude does what you’d expect his circus sideshow frame to do, and nothing else. Other than being a human wall and ball rejector, he’s barely a basketball player otherwise. A basketball version of GoT’s Hodor.

Meh...
      Pretty much agree with you...but, I still wouldn't mind having him on our team.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Hope to hear from those there...but that crowd was really, really loud - at least through my flat screen speakers. Damn loud!

MM hit some big time shots. Major league big time...the 4 point play was crucial.

SHJ with a clutch - sit down, shut up - shot to seal it.

Do not forget DD with a major league offensive rebound off SHJ's miss in crunch time. He just flat went up and snared it. Then hits two pressure FT's at the end too.

I thought JB looked very in control at the point. After tonight, RT will get some minutes, but the torch has been passed.

Could not be happier for AM. Amazing what persistence and a positive attitude can accomplish. Hope MK has him on for star of the game.

That is all.

Comment

• First time all season my ears are ringing. The crowd brought it tonight!

Comment

• While we also beat UCF last Season twice with our 6 Seniors and NBA LS, they had no Tacko or Dawkins playing but still played tough D. in those games as I recall.. UCF is one of the best Defending teams in this AAC this Season for sure and BJ Taylor and Dawkins are for real. Thus, the Shocks defeating them tonight I hope is a for-taste of a ray of hope within reason of a young Shocker team that can keep improving. It's not always how you start, as strong finishes are a breath of fresh air in the game of Hoops.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Great game, most complete game in a long time. So proud of the players the way they fought through the whole game. Now let’s make it two in a row

Comment

• Remember this time last year SHJ was having trouble just playing due to an anxiety disorder. You have to be happy for him because tonight he was feeling good and having fun. Admittedly at times he was out of control...but it is what it is. Don't worry, Marshall will still be on him to fix it.

Comment

• 3G with some moves

Comment

• Happy to take advantage of tickets by someone who thought 9:00 was too late tonight.

The crowd was excellent.

The team brought it. Every one of them. It was a great, great win. Lots of smiley faces exiting. People were screaming Go Shox in the parking lot like we won the National Championship tonight.

God, we needed that. It felt great. Glad for the team.

Let's make it two on Saturday.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      Happy to take advantage of tickets by someone who thought 9:00 was too late tonight.

The crowd was excellent.

The team brought it. Every one of them. It was a great, great win. Lots of smiley faces exiting. People were screaming Go Shox in the parking lot like we won the National Championship tonight.

God, we needed that. It felt great. Glad for the team.

Let's make it two on Saturday.
                      We can beat anyone in the league if we play like that.

Comment

• WuShock16
                        WuShock16 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        A Top 2-3 seed could be really pissed to see us as their first opponent in Memphis.

• 1979Shocker
                        1979Shocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Assuming we don't get a top 4 seed, I think we would need to play in either the 7,10 or 6,11 matchup to play against the 2 or 3 seed.

• Yea this was the perfect match-up for Mitguard and he took advantage. Great to see. I like our freshmen combo guards with Burton and Dennis. Markis was great and SHJ great second half. Kept turnovers down and hit the free ones and controls the boards. Happy happy happy for the team and coaches.

Comment

• Oh and..... BURTON HIT A 3!!!!!

Comment

• Going to be a tough day at work tomorrow, but really worth it.

SO FREAKING PROUD OF THESE GUYS.

Maybe a few things went right for us. You always look good when you shoot it (52% from the field 94% from the line) so that helps.

However, UCF was 45% from 3. That's strong. And they've only lost 2 games before tonight, BOTH games the other team was seriously lucky to win. Probably should have been 15-0.

Team focus and D was outstanding.

Thought the crowd was good, not great. Not SIU 2004. Not FSU. Not UNI or Iowa. Good, not great.

Gregg however was freaking lit. Like off the hook, mega lit. Everything was working. The praying to the officials, on the court hiking up the slacks to the knees in defensive stance, imploring the crowd, wrist jingle, 2 hands on the headache, staredowns, fast walk, Tacojuggle, the entire repertoire was showcased and on point tonight and it was specfreakingtacular. Oh, and check out the post game lockerroom dance. LIT

Guys have played hard, very, very hard for 3 games in a row and deserved this win. Really proud to be a Shocker fan tonight.
                          Last edited by WuDrWu; January 17, 2019, 12:47 AM.

Comment

• bighouse
                            bighouse commented
                            Editing a comment
                            TacoJuggle was next level!!!!
                        Working...
                        X