Wichita State vs UCF Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two leading scorers at half, Burton with 10 and AM with 6
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

When UCF pressed and amped up there D in the half-court a few times we were out of sorts. I expect more of that higher pressure D in the next half.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
        Nice half.

Now lets have a 2nd, please and get back some mojo!!
        If we can play like we did this half id say it would be our best full game we’ve played all season! Let’s hope it happens baby!
        Shocker Alumni
        Shocker Club Soccer alumni
        Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

AM making buckets and Burton hitting threes and FTs...

WHAT IS HAPPENING????

Comment

Bet nobody was ever expecting these stats:

Leading scorer - Burton, 10 points
            Second leading scorer - Midtgaard, 6 points
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

We played with a lot of energy that first half.....hopefully it will carry over to the second half.

Comment

Shockers are playing hard! Playing tough D. Very physical. UCF trying to speed us up some but not hitting enough shots to get it done. Just enough offense. Surprising some who are scoring, but I love it.
                Go Shocks!

Comment

If Asbjorn and Jamarius can shoot now this is a totally different team. I'm going to assume they're not QUITE this good so I'd expect 6-8 points fewer in second half on account of their regression to mean, and I'd say we won't keep Fall completely off the glass so give him 6 to 8 coming in the second that he didn't get before--that puts us right around an even game. Problem is Dawkins will get more in 2nd than he did in 1st. So we need someone else to step up. I'll give SHJ a few buckets that didn't fall, but I think we will still need some extra from Dex or Jamie to keep this one.

This lead will tighten just because of expected regression to normal shooting percentages. Doesn't mean we're "blowing it"--but the cushion isn't big enough to cover a reduction in quality of play, so we have to keep it up--especially on defense.

Comment

• Dan
                    Dan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Time for Dex, Erik and Rod to step up

Hi is Joerg . Sit on down chairs for Seniirs . Let youths do better. Stop the bad shoots SHJ!

Comment

We need to learn how to win in spite of our seniors, not because of them.

Comment

I really wish we didn't have to play the 2nd half...I haven't liked many of those as of late.

Comment

If Ricky Torres doesn't start looking for his shot - he's going to be watching these freshmen for the rest of his time here

Comment

I guess if mcduffie wants to pad his stats, I'll allow it.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• pinstripers
                            pinstripers commented
                            Editing a comment
                            ya think he does?

• ShockerPrez
                            ShockerPrez commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Nah. Just heard it said before.

Nice reach in Fall.
                          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Ok. Gonna get us for a foul every time now.

Makes sense
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                            X