Revised Priority Point System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revised Priority Point System

The Wichita State athletic department is revising their Priority Point System used for allocatiing seating, parking and other benefits effective February 1, 2012.

In the past, the PPS mainly revolved around men's basketball. The revised system will be broadened to reward all season-ticketed sports.

The Current PPS:

Men's BB Ticket History
    3 points for each year of current consecutive season ticket purchases or 2 points for each year of season tickets pruchases since 1972, whichever is greater plus a one-time 10 point bonus for ticker holders who purchased tickets prior to 1972.

SASO Donations
    1 point for each $100 of SASO contribution since 1989

RRC Giving
    1 point for each $100 donated to the Roundhouse Renaissance Campaign

The New Additions to the PPS:

Other Sports Ticket History
    2 points per account for each year of season tickets purchased for Baseball, Softball, Volleyball and Women's Basketball beginning in FY 2004 (max of 2 points per sport per year with a max of 8 points per year).

All Season Ticket Bonus
    2 points per account per year if tickets are purchased in every ticketed sport since FY 2004

Each One - Reach One SASO Referral
    2 points per each new SASO member referral beginning FY 2011

Other Athletic Department Giving
    1 point per each $250 of restricted giving donated to WSU-ICAA beginning in FY 2004 (i.e. Booster Clubs such as High Hoops, Match Club and Battery Club, Champion Club, All-American Club, Golf Tournaments, etc - only amount in excess of benefits received counted)

1 point per each $100 in unrestricted giving donated to WSU ICAA beginning in FY 2004

General University Giving
    1 point per $5,000 donated to WSU beginning in FY 2004 (I probably would have been a little more generous here)

Athletic Endowed Scholarship
    One time, 10 point bonus for establishing an Endowed Gift to WSU-ICAA

Athletic Planned Gift
    One-time, 10 point bonus for including WSU-ICAA in your estate plan

Lifetime WSU Alumin Association Members
    One-time, 5 point bonus for lifetime memership to WSU Alumni Association

WSU Letter Winners
    One-time, 10 point bonus for being a Shocker Letter Winner

Quite a change. My initial reaction is that I generally like the changes. Provides incentive to support more than just men's basketball which I think is fair since most of the money is going into the same pot. Also kind of builds on Jim Schaus' stated goal of excellence for the entire athletic program.

I have no complaints. Those who support more should benefit from it. Doesn't help me any, but it's a good thing.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

An incentive for long term giving, as well as support across all sports, are good things. I like it.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

To tell you the truth I really did not know exactly how the PPS worked until I received this mailing.

I was actually surprised to learn that Baseball season ticket holders received no points previously.

It would be nice if they could e-mail out a Shocker PPS account statement once a year so you can see where you stand.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
          It would be nice if they could e-mail out a Shocker PPS account statement once a year so you can see where you stand.
          If they don't then how do u know they are capturing everthing correctly?

Comment

I don't why anything is mailed anymore.

Why do you have to pick up printed tickets?

Tickets should be email and printed at home. All correspondence should be through email.

If you want a ticket, it should cost you. Outdated & wasted expense.

Comment

They wouldn't even have to e-mail me. A secure portal on goShockers.com that could be used to access your account and track this info would work.

Comment

The only time I ever saw a number was when they did seating for CKA. Since then I have no idea where I stand. I agree it would be nice to get a yearly statement.

As for how the PPS works, I wonder who get's seating priority when it comes to the MVC tournament or other events that use the PPS.

A. $100 SASO donor with 100 points.
                B. $1000 SASO donor with 50 points.

From what I've seen in the past I've been led to beleive the person donating at a higher level gets to pick first. The $100 SASO donor with 100 points would only get to pick before other $100 SASO donors with less points. Anyone know for certain if that's true or not?

Comment

Re: Revised Priority Point System

The Wichita State athletic department is revising their Priority Point System used for allocatiing seating, parking and other benefits effective February 1, 2012.

In the past, the PPS mainly revolved around men's basketball. The revised system will be broadened to reward all season-ticketed sports.

The Current PPS:

Men's BB Ticket History
                  3 points for each year of current consecutive season ticket purchases or 2 points for each year of season tickets pruchases since 1972, whichever is greater plus a one-time 10 point bonus for ticker holders who purchased tickets prior to 1972.

SASO Donations
                  1 point for each $100 of SASO contribution since 1989

RRC Giving
                  1 point for each $100 donated to the Roundhouse Renaissance Campaign

The New Additions to the PPS:

Other Sports Ticket History
                  2 points per account for each year of season tickets purchased for Baseball, Softball, Volleyball and Women's Basketball beginning in FY 2004 (max of 2 points per sport per year with a max of 8 points per year).

All Season Ticket Bonus
                  2 points per account per year if tickets are purchased in every ticketed sport since FY 2004

Each One - Reach One SASO Referral
                  2 points per each new SASO member referral beginning FY 2011

Other Athletic Department Giving
                  1 point per each $250 of restricted giving donated to WSU-ICAA beginning in FY 2004 (i.e. Booster Clubs such as High Hoops, Match Club and Battery Club, Champion Club, All-American Club, Golf Tournaments, etc - only amount in excess of benefits received counted)

1 point per each $100 in unrestricted giving donated to WSU ICAA beginning in FY 2004

General University Giving
                  1 point per $5,000 donated to WSU beginning in FY 2004 (I probably would have been a little more generous here)

Athletic Endowed Scholarship
                  One time, 10 point bonus for establishing an Endowed Gift to WSU-ICAA

Athletic Planned Gift
                  One-time, 10 point bonus for including WSU-ICAA in your estate plan

Lifetime WSU Alumin Association Members
                  One-time, 5 point bonus for lifetime memership to WSU Alumni Association

WSU Letter Winners
                  One-time, 10 point bonus for being a Shocker Letter Winner

Quite a change. My initial reaction is that I generally like the changes. Provides incentive to support more than just men's basketball which I think is fair since most of the money is going into the same pot. Also kind of builds on Jim Schaus' stated goal of excellence for the entire athletic program.
                  I like the new changes. It does seem fair to included all revenue generating sports and all types of giving to WSU.

Comment

Bah, this will scoot me back down the ladder, but it is the right thing to do.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Anyone know why they are revising the points system now? Are they planning to redo seating at CKA for next season?
                      “Confrontation simply means meeting the truth head-on.”

Mike Krzyzewski

Comment

Originally posted by hoopsnut
                        Anyone know why they are revising the points system now? Are they planning to redo seating at CKA for next season?
                        From the letter announcing the changes:

The goal is to offer our faithful supporters fair access to high-demand/low-supply benefits such as seating/parking upgrades, arena re-seating, away game travel opportunities and postseason tournament tickets for all Shocker sports. The system rewards donors for their ongoing commitment to Shocker Athletics by giving individuals with the most cumulative points first access to desirable items in short supply.

We will first use the new Priority Point System to determine your seating location for the 2012 Missouri Valley Conference Men’s Basketball Tournament. Even though that is the starting point for the new system, other future uses for the point system will include all MVC and NCAA Championships.
                        Note that they do mention arena re-seating but nothing has been announced yet, but I think the question you pose is a good one and a real possibility at some point in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by hoopsnut
                          I know it was talked about being done after 5 years, but that never happened. My guess is they wait until they hit high demand with a long wait list again, then they reseat in an attempt to get people to up donations so they can keep where they are or move to a better location.

Comment

Sounds good but it might give Krusty a few more years he doesn't deserve (imho).

Go Shocks!!!!
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I should add this is necessary because "it seems" that other sports are lacking season ticket support of the past and as others have said supports long term giving, which is essential.
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X