How do you feel about the future now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feel about the future now?

Just wanted to tap in to your guys' thoughts on the future now.

The future looks good. We have talent now and more coming next year. Shocker nation needs to keep supporting the team. They will figure it out!

Comment

Same as before. As Fev (I think) once said, there’s a difference between seasons and programs. Our program is fine. Just having a tough year.
      78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
        Same as before. As Fev (I think) once said, there’s a difference between seasons and programs. Our program is fine. Just having a tough year.
        This is about how I feel, I think we have offensive struggles early on but our defense comes back top Top 15 KenPom territory.

Comment

No proven PG next year could make for another tough year. I feel good about Etienne, not sure about Fernandez just because he’s so small. Having one of these guys show up ready to play will be key.

Comment

• FadedCrown
            FadedCrown commented
            Editing a comment
            Etienne is probably our next Shamet. Combo Guard, do not know if he has the height though to be successful at the 2.

• Dan
            Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            Judging from his mix tapes he has some pretty serious athletism. He looks like a big time player to me with handles, quickness and scoring ability. Surely he will at least serve as a backup PG if not the main guy.

A lot better than most. Once we fire our coach and get 13 new players that can all play defense, shoot, score, rebound and pass on an NBA level we will be fine.

Comment

• OregonShocker
            OregonShocker commented
            Editing a comment
            You're crazy. We need someone who can coach free throws.

:cool: It's that bright.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            A lot better than most. Once we fire our coach and get 13 new players that can all play defense, shoot, score, rebound and pass on an NBA level we will be fine.
            But what about FREE THROWS!!!!

Comment

I feel good about the future!
              "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

I still feel good about the future of this program. The summer will be key. Players got to improve and get stronger. The new guys look good on paper. Hope they shoot as well as they look in videos. Fernandez looks like a true point guard but he is small. But so was Clevin Hanna.

Comment

• Dan
                  Dan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Clevin didn’t have to play against the AAC night in a nd night out. Might have been a different story. I can live with small if they can stroke it cuz their gonna get eaten up alive on D.

another 500 season next year...……..the next year should be good

Comment

Next Year: Dexter Dennis, IPBC, JE, Teddy Allen is a solid core. ES and JB have shown flashes and i think they will both be good. If 1 of the 2 incoming guards (Etienne or Fernandes) can step up and take over from Torres, we will be good to go and will be Top 4 of the AAC.

Comment

• Aargh
                    Aargh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A lot of opponents would let that group shoot 3's every possession.

• Stickboy46
                    Stickboy46 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    on the 3pt shooting. Maybe. But Dennis is a good shooter. ES has the ability if he can get his mind in it. If one of TE or NF can hit 3s, that makes at least 3 outside threats. IPBC, JE and maybe TA are all capable from out there too.

• ShockTalk
                    ShockTalk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't know what TA did in high school as a 3pt shooter, but he was 3-25 last year with WV. To put him in maybe capable would have to include JS and RT as well.

I am VERY upbeat about next season. We have good centers and good depth there. TA and Gordon
                  will make a solid 1-2 punch at PF. DD and ES will be improved. I think both have been held back by
                  having to stand and watch our two seniors take center stage. They will be more engaged next season
                  and I think your going to see some impressive offense from them BOTH. The key is going to be PG but
                  I feel pretty good about the newcomers being good enough to take care of the ball and distribute. After
                  yesterday fans should know how important taking care of the ball is. The future is bright.

Comment

This winter's depression will be replaced by summer optimism which will subsequently be replaced by a 2019/2020 reality somewhere in between. I have been high on Gordon from the start but as we've become so acutely aware, relying on freshmen is a dangerous proposition. The good thing is that the returning players will be a year older.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Would of loved to have seen Marial Shayok transfer to WSU instead of Iowa St. I enjoyed watching him dismantle the Chicken Hawks
                      :sneakiness:

Comment

Working...
                      X