No announcement yet.

How do you feel about the future now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideally we have them staggered by classes. I jr/sr PG starter and a fresh/soph PG backup.

Comment

Ricky needs to be getting the lions share of minutes at PG. SHJ is quick, but that's about it. More than that, Ricky appears at this point to be the future so he needs to get out there and be more involved. Let's see if he can cut the mustard.

Comment

I feel great about the future because Gregg Marshall is our coach and has proven to be a winner over and over and over. It is incredible how consistently good we have been over the past several years and I see no reason for that not to continue. The Shocks have a ton of freshmen this year and I like their talent and effort. They all have something(s) to work on but that is normal and why typically freshmen don't play much if at all. I like what I see and hear about the incoming class next year. This year is not one to see if we can keep the 25 win streak together; it's to enjoy watching a ton of new players and how they improve over the season.

Comment

If the program decides both young bigs (IPBC and MU) are on the right track, I believe they ought to RS whoever is further behind next year.

It would allow for both:
          A) The player to work on their respective skills they need to improve on; and
          B) help clear up the heavy Sophomore class and help another season like this current one from happening again.

If they are upset and don't want to RS, they will have to realize if they transfer they would have to sit out a year regardless. So its just a matter of they'd "trust the process" or not.
          The Assman

Comment

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            Problem is MU is a 5 only, AM may not be here next year, and JE will be a senior. IPBC is a 4/5 and I fully expect to see him share time with Gordon as he acclimates to D-I ball. The following year (at this time), MU may be our 5, Gordon the 4, and IPBC seeing ample minutes at both positions.

• N Crestway
            N Crestway commented
            Editing a comment
            Given MU's shoulder injury it might not be a bad idea for him to sit out next year.

IMHO Gordon needs to gain some serious weight to play the 4 in the AAC. He looks a wee-bit scrawny at 175 lbs according to 247 Sports. May need a redshirt.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Chance Moore should RS also

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Chance Moore should RS also
              Maybe. Word on the street he didn't know how to defend anybody. The Cougars in Pullman (cough) got a heckuva D-1 "project" for the vaulted PAC-12 though.

Perhaps Gordon is up to playing defense. I'd certainly like to think so. I mean...he committed to Gregg Marshall a decade ago practically. Lol Surely he knows what is gonna be expected!!!! Excited to see him lace it up!!!

Go SHOCKS!!!!! Go GORDON!!!!!!!
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

We will be back and we will improve every year.

But IMO, it is going to take us a couple of more seasons to get back to where we were, and to where we BELONG!

Depends on the improvement of our present Freshmen will have made and whether the new incoming Freshmen come close to living up to their preseason projected hype. If so, led by Jaime, Ted, Rick, and others, we should stand a decent chance of ending up in the average to slightly above average standings in the AAC next year.

We are at least another very good recruiting class away
                (with more 4 Star recruits, and/or below the radar recruits, and JUCO's, which GM has been famous for in the past),
                before we should start dreaming of finishing in the top 4 conference standings, or winning the Conference Tournament Championship.

I, too hope it comes sooner, but this is the way I see it. And, I would love to be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                  We will be back and we will improve every year.

But IMO, it is going to take us a couple of more seasons to get back to where we were, and to where we BELONG!

Depends on the improvement of our present Freshmen will have made and whether the new incoming Freshmen come close to living up to their preseason projected hype. If so, led by Jaime, Ted, Rick, and others, we should stand a decent chance of ending up in the average to slightly above average standings in the AAC next year.

We are at least another very good recruiting class away
                  (with more 4 Star recruits, and/or below the radar recruits, and JUCO's, which GM has been famous for in the past),
                  before we should start dreaming of finishing in the top 4 conference standings, or winning the Conference Tournament Championship.

I, too hope it comes sooner, but this is the way I see it. And, I would love to be wrong.

Reasonable take concerning a top 4 finish next year or the year after, when taken into account the recruiting success of other schools in the conference. We have to keep up. This years frosh class was a pretty good start. It has the pieces to contend, starting on the frontcourt (good size & agility).

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    I'll be more confident about the future when I see two PG's on the roster. Not SG's who "can play" PG. One PG to take the minutes and a second to give him breathers and take over when the first guy graduates.
                    You got that right. Very right.
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                    X