I got a question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a question...

A lot of posters seem to feel that MM and SHJ should be on the bench; I've even seen posts from folks who'd be happy if one or both never played another minute. Then there's those who think Ricky oughta take it back to JUCO, etc. So I guess I'd ask those folks: just who do you think should be on the floor?
    "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Midtgaard should at least get a few minutes in the zone given injuries to Echenique and Udeze. So far in 2 conference games he has a total of 1 minute of play. Don't have anything to lose this year by giving him more minutes.

Comment

If MM and SHJ were on the bench, on a good night we might score 45-50 points.

Comment

• N Crestway
        N Crestway commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly...

• SB Shock
        SB Shock commented
        Editing a comment
        Next year excuse will be we lost 60% of our scoring and WSU is a young and in experienced team.

They both need to play a ton. Their coach needs to help them more.

Comment

I'm not so much for SHJ not playing... Just not point guard and definitely give him the old Gregg Marshall leash treatment. Must play more under control and cut the turnovers. We need a leader... And it can't be SHJ

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
          That's a fair statement... and that's what worries me looking ahead to next year, and after.

Comment

^have

Comment

This year is a bust. Every minute should be used as a minute of development. I would’ve rather lost by 20 if it meant not having to witness McDuffie turning the ball over 10 times or chucking up 20 circus shots.

Comment

• AndShock
                AndShock commented
                Editing a comment
                Have you seen McDuffie dribble?

• ShockingButTrue
                ShockingButTrue commented
                Editing a comment
                I've seen enough to know that there's a whole lotta' players on this squad that can't handle the ball.

• choida
                choida commented
                Editing a comment
                I think McDuffie lost some money tonight...

Originally posted by choida View Post
              I'm not so much for SHJ not playing... Just not point guard and definitely give him the old Gregg Marshall leash treatment. Must play more under control and cut the turnovers. We need a leader... And it can't be SHJ
              Agree.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                And give up about 20 less points off turnovers.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• shockerfanmas
                  shockerfanmas commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And that is the problem right there, where did SHJ play juco at? Hutch, under Steve Eck. That is the way Hutch plays,street ball, defense not required. Hutch ruined SHJ. He is still a good player, but not the same player he was at Wichita East High School.

• 1979Shocker
                  1979Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Steve Eck's teams have always been known for defense ever since his coaching days at South High.

• Topshock
                  Topshock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  1979Shocker
                  #10.5
                  1979Shocker commented
                  15 hours ago
                  Steve Eck's teams have always been known for defense ever since his coaching days at South High.

This is true. Eck has always been considered a very good game coach. Not one that just roles the ball out. It's all the off the court duties of a college coach that he seemed to struggle with.

The 1st half resulted in a nice lead because the Owls were not making many 3's and missed their 1st 6 throws. Even with that nice lead, we here on SN were not comfee these trends would continue. Even with the 8 point lead late in the 2nd half, our 10 more turnovers we had and the 10 more made throws they had in the game was our waterloo. Even so, the play that pulverized us as we still were looking the gift horse in the mouth, was the last play in regulation. Myself, I don't like to wait under 10 seconds before we at least set the play in motion. Then, the late developing play was confusing. Was looking for a penetrating play to draw a basket or drawing a foul.

Not sure why U. played in the overtime period after not playing much lately, but I never made a thin dime coaching even though at times I have lots of unsolicited opinions as though I know something. Speaking of that, after looking over tonights stat sheet along with totals for the Season, I agree with playing MM and SHJ many minutes as often as 3G sees fit, and do see some developing young Shockers that will be solid in due time. On our Final 4 Season, Armsted had 1 bad game and a few folk on here wanted him on the pine for the rest of the Season. No thanks. This will continue to be a tough rebuilding Season, so let's not expect too much as FSF has so many times in Seasons past, but rather stick with our beloved Shocks until the last play of the last game this Season, hoping for the best of a difficult schedule each and every solitary game from here. We wanted to be in this here AAC, so we will make the best of it moving forward. Lots of Season left so who knows what all will transpire.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I don't think MM and SHJ should be benched but they force the action too much sometimes.
                  We played pretty well tonight except for careless soft sloppy a** PASSING that cost us at least
                  10-12 points and some very bad man to man defense by multiple players. The bad thing about the
                  soft careless passing isn't just that we lose the ball but the two points that goes right along with it !

Comment

MM had only five turnovers, I thought it was seven. Gave up 2 dunks and 1-2 FT for 5 points
                    SHJ had 3 TO giving up two two-pointers and a dunk for 6 points
                    RT had 3 TO for a 2, a 3 and a 2 for 7 points
                    JB had 2 TO for a two and a dunk for 4 points
                    IPBC had two TO for zero points (Temple missed that layup just before SHJ repeated the sin
                    Udeze had one TO for zero points
                    Jaime had two TO for a 2 and 1-2 FT for 3 points
                    ES had two TO for a 3 and 2 FT for 5 points
                    The Team was credited with one TO for zero points (shot clock violation -- the play-by-play shows it was a 33-second violation)

MM had three missed layups and I seem to remember none of those had a chance -- maybe one I thought he was hammered on driving the right side of the lane on the south end. One hit the bottom of the backboard and another didn't get much more than a foot out of his hand.
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

If anybody deserves more minutes, I think it should be IPBC and DD. They really impressed me yesterday against a pretty good team. Although, if not for MM and SMJ, we probably lose that game by 20.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                        If anybody deserves more minutes, I think it should be IPBC and DD. They really impressed me yesterday against a pretty good team. Although, if not for MM and SMJ, we probably lose that game by 20.
                        DD had some foul trouble early and at times he looks completely gassed. He still comes through with key rebounds and such but you can tell he's pushing his limit

Comment

Working...
                        X