Wichita State vs Temple Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Good News View Post
    2. DIsappointing effort by the crowd. I gave up years ago on my hopes that they could be more like the Spurs crowd - celebratory when things went well, but definitely a constant presence and ballast to help counterbalance negative developments. I originally thought this made no sense because the collective basketball IQ in the stands at Koch Arena is about 150 times greater than at the Spurs arena, but then again I guess that’s what happens when people actually understand bad developments.
    There's a fair amount of bandwagon in our fanbase. But most fanbases are like that. When we're good and winning, we have one of the best environments in all of college basketball. When we're not, the same intensity isn't carried about. It's kinda hard to be engaged when so many things go wrong and the cringeworthy plays have increased 50-fold compared to the previous years. Those are just facts with any home sports crowd.

At the same time, it's hard to be engaged with a low major in-game production crew running the show. I mean, they kill any sort of resemblance to a hostile environment at any chance they can get. That area has definitely regressed for a while now. And it appears that will remain the status quo.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• proshox
      proshox commented
      Editing a comment
      You guys must not have been at the game. It was very loud several times. The audio “mix” can mess with the TV experience.

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree... better than average crowd; my ears have been ringing today.

• Thought this was worth sharing...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• proshox
      proshox commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice find

• WSU fans at Koch are indeed a pretty decent bunch. WSU cheer leaders not bad looking either.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      The Dance Team is outstanding this year.

• Taylor breaks down the last play in regulation. It explains a lot. I also suspect that IPBC might have been looking at the wrong clock (game clock, which had 2 more seconds than the shot clock) for his cue to go set the screen. If so, that's probably why SHJ left before the screen was set.

Comment

• Stickboy46
      Stickboy46 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good breakdown ... looks like we had two freshman make freshman mistakes on the same play.

• AndShock
      AndShock commented
      Editing a comment
      I still always prefer a drive in a tie game. We’ve gotten that foul called against us multiple times through the years in that same situation.

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure I can watch that clip. :(

• Stickboy. Two freshman and a SENIOR leading the play. He left early, got trapped and was unable to make the pass.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      Stickboy. Two freshman and a SENIOR leading the play. He left early, got trapped and was unable to make the pass.
      Yip, it broke down with the Senior. It was the freshman who improvised to least make a play and get a shot off (and fairly decent on).

Taylor looks to be auditioning to be the WSU video guy.

Comment

• If IPBC left to set the screen too late, you can't really blame SHJ for not waiting on him.

Comment

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          I think the view is, whether IPBC left late or not, once SHJ took off before the pick was set, the play was a bust. As it turn out, SHJ had time to dribble into a box on the opposite side of the court, loft a high lob pass that required DD to jump to get and he still got off a circus shot on time. Had SHJ waited a split second, he might have had a good shot or a snap pass to someone who did.
      Working...
      X