Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

his leash is loooooonnnggg

Comment

i didn’t mean employment termination leash, but rather restrictions in the management of the program. it’s pretty obvious that ggg runs his program with few restrictions from the a.d.

things go well and the leash gets longer.. if we have a few rough years with recruiting misses and lots of Ls, does it shrink?

Comment

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        https://accessibilibuddy.com/wp-cont...23.07.2012.jpg

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the clarification, sharif, but seriously -- what sort of direction would Boatright be qualified to give Marshall on how to run a basketball program? You're talking about a relatively new AD without a head coaching background vs. a guy who stands a good chance at being a Hall of Famer. What value could the AD possibly add? And if he's reasonably competent, which he seems to be, in which case he probably realizes the same thing, why would he try?

Marshall's leash

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSveSxOpmJ0jrGhCt3uBHHUAVqS5EuJ7TN76xvZpcAPFanx5q2h.jpg
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Boatright's leash - Any questions?

81z4fQN-qXL._SX425_.jpg
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I am seeing 7-9 wins

Comment

8th doesn't seem so ridiculous now.

Comment

Boatright nor anyone else is going to tell Marshall how to run his program. To suggest otherwise is just plain silly.

Comment

• pinstripers
                pinstripers commented
                Editing a comment
                He wouldn't stand for that

To me there is a haaaard floor of 5 wins, anything less means something terrible went wrong injury wise. We should definitely sweep Tulane and ECU. @USF is a gimmie(don't let their record fool you, they suck. Their best win is KP 146 Austin Peay at home in OT. They barely escaped Farleigh freaking Dickinson Saturday). After that there are a few winnable home games, SMU, Tulsa, and Memphis, home court could give us a chance even against UConn and Temple. The SMU, Tulsa and Memphis road games are the games that are going to matter if we want to climb over 500, we need to win a couple. Personally I kinda like opening with @Memphis, is going to tell us a lot about this team. It is a beatable team, but it comes down to if this young team is ready to win on the road in just their second chance.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
                To me there is a haaaard floor of 5 wins, anything less means something terrible went wrong injury wise. We should definitely sweep Tulane and ECU. @USF is a gimmie(don't let their record fool you, they suck. Their best win is KP 146 Austin Peay at home in OT. They barely escaped Farleigh freaking Dickinson Saturday). After that there are a few winnable home games, SMU, Tulsa, and Memphis, home court could give us a chance even against UConn and Temple. The SMU, Tulsa and Memphis road games are the games that are going to matter if we want to climb over 500, we need to win a couple. Personally I kinda like opening with @Memphis, is going to tell us a lot about this team. It is a beatable team, but it comes down to if this young team is ready to win on the road in just their second chance.
                My prediction: we lose at least one gimme game and we win at least one game we had no business winning. Corollary prediction: some rough second halves.

Comment

And the sober, sane, objective, non-emotional Taylor Eldridge has WSU tied for 6th with Memphis and Tulsa at 9-9. https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...223736185.html

Comment

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I wonder if Taylor is taking into account the unbalanced schedule?

• ABC
                    ABC commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, of course as he went through the exact schedule. "WSU draws the three bottom teams on the road, meaning if it sweeps those, then a 6-3 record at home, which seems more than doable considering its historic advantage at Koch Arena, gives WSU a 9-9 record.

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Wsu has to survive a very difficult schedule early without losing their confidence. If they can do that, they should have a strong finish that will allow them to have some confidence going into the offseason and next year (and who knows gets hot in the AAC tournament).

Comment

Taylor Eldridge@tayloreldridge 1h1 hour ago More
                    • Copy link to Tweet
                    • Embed Tweet

I went game-by-game and predicted every outcome in AAC play. Here's the results: 1. Houston 16-2 ...2. Cincinnati 15-3.... 3. UCF 13-5.... 4. UConn 12-6 ....5. Temple 11-7 ....6. WSU 9-9.... 6. Tulsa 9-9 ....6. Memphis 9-9 ....9. SMU 7-11.... 10. USF 5-13 ....11. ECU 2-16 ....12. Tulane 1-17

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      Taylor Eldridge@tayloreldridge 1h1 hour ago More
                      • Copy link to Tweet
                      • Embed Tweet

I went game-by-game and predicted every outcome in AAC play. Here's the results: 1. Houston 16-2 ...2. Cincinnati 15-3.... 3. UCF 13-5.... 4. UConn 12-6 ....5. Temple 11-7 ....6. WSU 9-9.... 6. Tulsa 9-9 ....6. Memphis 9-9 ....9. SMU 7-11.... 10. USF 5-13 ....11. ECU 2-16 ....12. Tulane 1-17
                      I'll be elated if we prove to be better than Memphis, Tulsa, and SMU. It will have been a good year after all.

Comment

• proshox
                        proshox commented
                        Editing a comment
                        With an unbalanced schedule it it tough to prove you are better. A lot of the finish for mid pack teams in the AAC comes down to opponents and home vs. away.

Having never been a coach, I can only assume that messing around with a highly successful coach's contract in any negative way, is the surest way of showing you have lost some faith and confidence in the coach's ability, and you may seriously regret opening this door.

Comment

I’m going with 9-11 wins in league. I’m a half glass full kinda guy. Very optimistic about our coach and players. The Echenigue injury was a big blow, he was really becoming a force inside, scoring especially. VCU game would have been a lot different, not saying we would have won. But we would have made more of a game if Echenigue played the whole game. Can’t wait for the Memphis game, should be interesting.

Comment

• pinstripers
                          pinstripers commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You are a glass 2/3 full kinda guy
                      Working...
                      X