Next NCAA At Large

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next NCAA At Large

When do you think the Shockers receive their next “At-Large” bid?
    15.79%
    51.32%
    27.63%
    2.63%
    Later
    2.63%

The only way we're getting in the NCAA Tournament this year (2019) is by winning the conference tournament, in which case we would get the automatic bid and wouldn't need an At Large. Hence, the At Large for 2019 would be a very long shot.

I suppose, we could win the rest of our games and loose in the conference tourney championship and get an At Large that way. But that seems pretty slim.

Comment

• shoxlax
      shoxlax commented
      Editing a comment
      Not being mean but discussing this is lunacy. Like I said if we get to .500 this year, 3G should win COY honors. There are are four or five players that are missing from last years team that would be the best player on this year’s team—and one of them couldn’t shoot outside of five feet. SHJ was supposed to be a 5-10 min a game bench player this year.

Let's get to 23-9 and let the chips fall where they may with NCAA selection committee. Maybe and it's a BIG maybe the AAC will get 4 this year and maybe...just maybe our 7 year name cache will catapult us in!!!

Nah...AZ Shocker wake up man....let's just win the Conference Tournament and get in by ourselves!!!!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe? LOL This isn't the Valley. 25-7 is probably a protected seed out of the American. 5 seed at worst. 24-8 is without question in. 23-9 is probably in but starts to get a shade dicey (based on who we beat) but still in. Now, let me be clear, this team isn't going to be any of those records.

• WichitaHawk
      WichitaHawk commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. I think the only way we make it to the tourney is by winning the AAC. I don’t see us reaching any of those 3 records.

• FadedCrown
      FadedCrown commented
      Editing a comment
      23-9? 14-4 or better in conference play? High hopes, probably too high.

We won’t get an an at large this year and maybe next year either. Far from guaranteed we would win either the Valley or the Valley tournament this year either.
    Last edited by shoxlax; December 24, 2018, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• proshox
      proshox commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that is funny... 9 years of dominance would have just ended:-)

i see positive signs, but, damn, such a young team

mcduffie and haynes-jones really need to step up even more now that echenique is out

show some warrior

three years
    Last edited by another shocker; December 25, 2018, 04:31 AM.

Comment

I think the whole point of this poll SHOCKvalue is to show we would be in the tournament if we hadn't left the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        I think the whole point of this poll SHOCKvalue is to show we would be in the tournament if we hadn't left the Valley.
        I don't know how you can draw that conclusion

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I don't know how you can draw that conclusion
          Which conclusion? The point of the poll or The Valley would be our sure ticket to the dance this year and next?

Comment

Which conclusion? The point of the poll or The Valley would be our sure ticket to the dance this year and next?
            That being in the valley would let us get in the tourney

Comment

• shoxlax
              shoxlax commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm tracking with you now, bro

There's a small minority out there that thinks we hurt our chances to dance regularly since we left the Valley. But bad is bad and it would take an auto bid to get in from the Valley this year. We won exactly two tournaments in our nine years of dominance so that route would be stacked against us as well.

Pretty sure we don't get half of last years recruiting class, Teddy Allen and all of this years class if we had stayed in that league.

Comment

Too many variables to know that. For instance there is a good chance some of the young players on this team and next years incoming players would not have signed had WSU still been in the Valley. No way to know what kind of team we would have right now if still in the Valley. Good bet it would be one with less potential however.

Comment

Short of a miracle, I can't believe there are those who are still discussing the Dance for this year (hope I'm wrong).

Next year may very well be a long shot as well. Yes, we'll have a lot of players who gained experience this year, but we will lose almost all of the little D-I experience we had coming into this season. The growth our young/newbie players show the remaining of this year will be a big indicator about next year.

Comment

There's a small minority out there that thinks we hurt our chances to dance regularly since we left the Valley. But bad is bad and it would take an auto bid to get in from the Valley this year. We won exactly two tournaments in our nine years of dominance so that route would be stacked against us as well.

Pretty sure we don't get half of last years recruiting class, Teddy Allen and all of this years class if we had stayed in that league.
                  I’m of the (possibly unpopular) opinion that we don’t make the tournament last year if we were still in the Valley.

Comment

• Stickboy46
                    Stickboy46 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes we have signed multiple people that were similar rating to Fred and Landry out of HS.

There is zero way to spin being in the MVC as better. I don't know why certain people try to make that argument. It just doesn't make sense

• proshox
                    proshox commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Because we went from something “unique” to something quite similar to 100 other programs in the nation.

We were a beast with Power 5 Budget, Power 5 players and Top 10 Coach, but we were playing in a low level conference. There wasn’t another program with that profile in the country...Yes, playing in the MVC had pluses and minuses but unique is always a selling point

To me success is great NCAA tournament runs. I don’t think the move to the American provides more of those over the next ten years....it provides a lot of other great benefits - mainly much better home schedule!

I would have made the same move, but I recognized the risk that this move would blow the whole damn thing up.

• UCONN_Husky
                    UCONN_Husky commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ^ Um...Gonzaga.

Our OOC record would have sunk our at large chances, even if we ran the table in the Valley. If we only drop 2 or 3 in the AAC there could be a chance. But that would be unreal. (Awesome, though!).

Keep improving, get healthy and play our best ball in March.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                    Our OOC record would have sunk our at large chances, even if we ran the table in the Valley. If we only drop 2 or 3 in the AAC there could be a chance. But that would be unreal. (Awesome, though!).

Keep improving, get healthy and play our best ball in March.
                    We have two ok wins right now. 14-4 or 13-5 in conference with a decent showing in the conference tourney would have us on the bubble because we would likely add a couple quality wins.

In the MVC, 18-0 would be bubble as there are no quality wins to be had. 17-1 would completely eliminate at Large as it would add a bad loss with no extra good wins.

Comment

Working...
                    X