No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs VCU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very concerned about Jaime's injury. Hoping for the best and not wanting to think about the worst.

Comment

• Haha the reactionary nature of some of you guys is quite entertaining. Relax folks. We just played a good team without 2 of our top 5 players. Half our team are true freshmen. This is not your typical “reloading year.” We are going to get many black eyes throughout this season. Getting upset that this team is not a top 50 team is like working out 3 times and expecting to have six pack.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        I would conjecture that many of us here on Shockernet have a six pack after only one work out and after every additional workout as well.

• The more I watch this Shockers' team, the more and more the make up of these last few rosters is bothering me.

We lost ***6***seniors, so we brought in ***8*** freshmen, only two JUCO guys, and not a single grad transfer?!

Why not like four freshman and four JUCO guys a couple of grad transfers?

I don't get it.

Comment

• Walker
        Walker commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t think it was planned this way, it’s just how it pans out sometimes. We were going after some grad transfers but didn’t hit on any. Would have been nice to have landed that Cremo dude that ended up at Villanova.

• shoxlax
        shoxlax commented
        Editing a comment
        We were in on at least seven graduate transfers. Of those, about 3-4 would’ve been a good fit and they went places like Villanova and Marquette.
        We also had a couple of Fr eligible to play three jucos we were looking at but they went elsewhere also.

Tough to sell a program to a grad transfer when they are going to a place where their final year of eligibility will be a long shot to play in the Big Dance.

• Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
      The more I watch this Shockers' team, the more and more the make up of these last few rosters is bothering me.

We lost ***6***seniors, so we brought in ***8*** freshmen, only two JUCO guys, and not a single grad transfer?!

Why not like four freshman and four JUCO guys a couple of grad transfers?

I don't get it.
      Obviously

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Very concerned about Jaime's injury. Hoping for the best and not wanting to think about the worst.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

That;s good news as Jaime has probably exceeded the 30% of the games the Shockers will play this year and a medical redshirt would mostly likely not be available. Hopefully, his plantar fasciitis will heal quickly and not become a chronic issue.

Comment

• ShockerDropOut
            ShockerDropOut commented
            Editing a comment
            Isn’t this the same injury that has kept Eric Berry out for a year and a half?

• WSUwatcher
            WSUwatcher commented
            Editing a comment
            Plantar fasciitis is not uncommon among athletes, and from what I understand it's pretty unpleasant, but it's not necessarily crippling. Tim Duncan played through it for at least of his many all-star seasons, and the only reason anyone knew is that he missed the occasional game and wasn't quite as dominant as usual that year. But he was still Tim Duncan. So there's no reason to give up hope on Echenique.

• Now I'm having a little hot chocolate with my Baileys. Gonna be a great season!
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Not season ending my a$$. That type of injury requires a person to be 100 percent completely healed before resuming physical activity as the reaggravation rate if not completely healed is extremely high. Obviously, the severity of the affliction is not known but a few weeks rest will probably not be sufficient. My guess, he's out until the conference tourney unless he's one tough sum bytch and can play through pain when it's only 80 percent healed. I've said it once and I've said it again, snakes like to bite this program.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

That;s good news as Jaime has probably exceeded the 30% of the games the Shockers will play this year and a medical redshirt would mostly likely not be available. Hopefully, his plantar fasciitis will heal quickly and not become a chronic issue.
            Will certainly not help with his conditioning issues.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Either Poo or AM is going to play a lot

Comment

• Man oh man. That type if injury generally sets people down for a loooong time. Hope the "severity" of it is very very minor. Man!!!!
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Well, I predicted our small guards would be over matched and that we would lose. Jones did fine but RT
                  was over matched. Sick about JE's injury. We didn't lose because AM played a couple minutes. Going
                  forward I would hope JB starts at point and yes, IC and or AM are going to have to play more minutes.
                  Getting DD back will help. What was going to be a bumpy ride just got tougher but I'll be watching every
                  minute of the way. Tough times builds character.

Comment

• wusphlash
                    wusphlash commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ricky did not show well against physical play today. Something that just went into every AAC team's scouting report.

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

i was hoping for a sprain. I guess we will have to see how bad it is, but this is not something that heals quickly.

Comment

• In listening to Coach Marshall's post-game cooments about Jaime's injury he said they thought Jaime only had a partial tear. I'm thinking Jaime has a partial tear or rupture of the plantar fascia which is different from plantar fasciitis. We'll just have to wait and see what the prognosis for Jaime will be.

Here is a video on plantar fascia ruptures:

Comment

• We need players that can shoot and score. For example I heard all this stuff this summer about ES can shoot. Blah blah blah. ES was 1-10 against Davidson. 2-9 against OU. 1-9 against Southern Mississippi. 1-9 against ORU and today 1-7 against VCU. I dont want to hear another thing about his so-called floor game until he start knocking down some shots.

Comment

Working...
                      X