No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs VCU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We played bad but the officiating completely took us out of the game. I know that is a bad take but college bb has rules against the hand checking/body checking that was occurring with havoc d. Burton grew up a bit today. Growing pains! Go shocks!

Comment

• pinstripers
      pinstripers commented
      Editing a comment
      made a big difference

• Wouldn’t win the mvc but would be top half. We are only gonna beat Tulane. Maybe.

Still though it’s way better to be in the number 7 conference and having a tough time than being in the number 13 conference and being left behind by college basketball someday.

it’s been 10 years since we had a down year. It’s fine. That’s why all along, the long time shocker fans kept saying enjoy the ride. It’s never permanent. Neither is losing.

Comment

• Well it could have been worse. I guess.

Go Shocks!
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Rewatching the JE go down play. Starts holding at the knee before moving to ankle/foot/heel. No contact. Really hoping he didn't tear his Achilles.

Comment

• Box score for the VCU Rams vs. Wichita State Shockers NCAAM game from December 22, 2018 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

MM-5-15, SHJ 4-10, ES 1-7, and those are our shooters........ugg

Comment

• and in the postgame, Mike sez Hy-mee, and Coach goes both ways with it

Comment

• A series of unfortunate events. Dexter Dennis being out. Losing Echenique. Then you have the refs allowing one side to play stingy defense and then call tacky fouls on the other. This caused our guys to sit for long stretches, then play timid on D and play erratically on offense. hopefully Jaimie heals up fast. Boy do we need him.

Shake it off Shocker fanatics. Have a merry Christmas and then let’s stick it to Memphis.

Comment

• People are seriously overreacting though. We had 3 unexpected player losses in the offseason. We lost a HUGE senior class. We have near double-digit players on our team that was playing high school basketball 9 months ago.

We've had an amazing run with Marshall at the helm. You can't expect to win 25+ games EVERY year. Hiccups happen. And considering the roster turnover, this was to be expected. Anybody thinking there's major problems right now are just spoiled and not realistic.

Gonzaga was a 12 seed and needed to win their conference tourney a few years ago just to make it to the tournament. UK missed the tournament after a freaking National Championship. Indiana and UCLA have been irrelevant on the national landscape for a while now.

Just chill the hell out.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Have we played a good second half outside of Providence? To me that smacks more of leadership than conditioning.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    It’s not that we’re just young, we have guys on this team that are supposed to be good at certain things and they are unable to do those things in a real game. I honestly would not care if we recruited another couple players if we can find some guys that are well rounded basketball players.
                    Hot take! Straight cash homey.

Comment

• I was thinking the same thing. It's hard to think of a game this year when we did not have that 2nd half lapse. I hope they can figure that out. Our guys have to figure out how to flip the switch and score.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                        3 hours ago, we had folks saying VCU can't shoot and this team has turned the corner. Like I said, J-Ville, ORU and So Miss was fools gold and some of you got suckered hook line and sinker. We're the 5th most inexperienced/youngest team in the NCAA. We are going to struggle with the occasional glimpse of good basketball. We'll be luck if we finish .500
                        VCU can’t shoot.

Comment

• Where was VCU ranked? 50? 60?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Where was VCU ranked? 50? 60?
                            In what? There's about 50 different rankings out there.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• On to Memphis

Comment

Working...
                              X