Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holiday prediction - I'm gonna go ahead and say it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday prediction - I'm gonna go ahead and say it.

I'm liking what I'm seeing with the Shocks right now. I think they just flipped the switch. If I see continued toughness against VCU (and a victory) I'm predicting we go 3-1 through our first 4 AAC games. My vision will not allow me to see beyond that.

Erik Stevenson put his life on the line for the loose ball yesterday. He's always been the closest Play Angry player we had. Last night he graduated to full status. He absolutely could be out on the floor with Fred and Ron and not stick out. He now carries the magic light and I do believe he will teach his teammates to harness it by getting up in their ****ing faces and screaming at them. We have our leader.

I really love how Ricky is starting to bring the moxie. In the summer I noticed he was smaller than projected. The really bad thing was that he played small also. Fred always seemed to play big if you know what I mean. Well Ricky is playing MUCH bigger now PLUS he's hitting a few baskets. I'd like to see him get his hands on some balls a la FVV. Then we've got another piece of the Play Angry puzzle cookin'... steals.

Mr. Echenique - he requires no introduction.

SHJ is evolving

Mark McDuffie is producing

Udeze and Burton are going to improve and have very nice attributes you can't teach.

Poor Bear learned how to start his motor and apparently can distort the time-space continuum and generate electricity. Asgardian ancestry?

Rod Brown actually made an appearance on a stat sheet. His body is special and must be utilized. He's got to find his niche. He may be dumb as a box of rocks but even an ape (don't even go there SJW's) can be taught to rebound and take a charge.

When Dexter's coconut heals we'll have a 10 player rotation to work with (Sorry God-Bear).

We're not exceptionally deep but we're very big and have excellent athleticism.

Jaime needs to nix the heart hangup and make peace with his god - you only live once bro and you definitely only get one shot in Koch Arena - play like every game is your last (you'll thank me later); Dexter needs to realize he isn't constrained by the Matrix and can actually fly (just like Neo), Ricky needs to watch every single Shocker game FVV played in over Christmas break and become the embodiment (or poor man's version) of the kid from Rockford, Illinois (and get his hands on 1-2 steals a game; SHJ needs to keep being the new SHJ (and get his hands on 1-2 steals a game), Poor Bear needs to have a designated teammate who will slap him in the face 5 times before he heads out to the court; Mark needs to drop the ***** fadeaways and keep heading downhill when he has the ball (minimal dribbling); Burton needs to regain his mojo and focus on rebounding, on-ball defense, and cutting hard because he knows how to finish; Udeze - Stop Cadillac'ing! I watched you do this over the summer too. Dunk the ball GD'it!

And Erik... you just keep bein' you boy. <3 <3 <3 You carry the torch now bro.

T

...:cool:

Awesome!!!! Let's GOOOOO SHOCKS!!!! Merry Christmas Cold!!!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      You too AZ!

We'll see if Santa brings brings us an early one tomorrow at 3PM. Stay tuned!

T

I’m optimistic but I don’t want to get too ahead of myself.
    Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

You and I seem to be on the same page most of the time but I am not nearly as optimistic. Don't
      know what you have been smoking/drinking but I think we will be fortunate to win one of the first
      four. I'd certainly take 2-2 right now. You were right on JE, I'll happily give you that. although he
      still has to prove it in the AAC. I think he will. I also am a big fan of ES' and think he is the heart
      and soul of the team who leads by example. I have no doubt his offensive numbers improve. MM
      can be a complete player once in a wile but hasn't been very consistent and the competition is
      about to get tougher. So far, Udeze has only shown flickers. I like JB but his problem is he really
      doesn't fit the description of a PG, a SG or a SF mostly because he hasn't shown himself to be
      a perimeter threat nor has RB. I do believe DD has enormous upside potential but he has not
      found himself yet on offense. I still think our small guards will be over matched in most AAC games.
      I am predicting 8-10 in the AAC but like your prediction better. Hope YOUR right and I am wrong.

Comment

Can't wait for at Memphis

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
          I'm liking what I'm seeing with the Shocks right now. I think they just flipped the switch. If I see continued toughness against VCU (and a victory) I'm predicting we go 3-1 through our first 4 AAC games. My vision will not allow me to see beyond that.

Erik Stevenson put his life on the line for the loose ball yesterday. He's always been the closest Play Angry player we had. Last night he graduated to full status. He absolutely could be out on the floor with Fred and Ron and not stick out. He now carries the magic light and I do believe he will teach his teammates to harness it by getting up in their ****ing faces and screaming at them. We have our leader.

I really love how Ricky is starting to bring the moxie. In the summer I noticed he was smaller than projected. The really bad thing was that he played small also. Fred always seemed to play big if you know what I mean. Well Ricky is playing MUCH bigger now PLUS he's hitting a few baskets. I'd like to see him get his hands on some balls a la FVV. Then we've got another piece of the Play Angry puzzle cookin'... steals.

Mr. Echenique - he requires no introduction.

SHJ is evolving

Mark McDuffie is producing

Udeze and Burton are going to improve and have very nice attributes you can't teach.

Poor Bear learned how to start his motor and apparently can distort the time-space continuum and generate electricity. Asgardian ancestry?

Rod Brown actually made an appearance on a stat sheet. His body is special and must be utilized. He's got to find his niche. He may be dumb as a box of rocks but even an ape (don't even go there SJW's) can be taught to rebound and take a charge.

When Dexter's coconut heals we'll have a 10 player rotation to work with (Sorry God-Bear).

We're not exceptionally deep but we're very big and have excellent athleticism.

Jaime needs to nix the heart hangup and make peace with his god - you only live once bro and you definitely only get one shot in Koch Arena - play like every game is your last (you'll thank me later); Dexter needs to realize he isn't constrained by the Matrix and can actually fly (just like Neo), Ricky needs to watch every single Shocker game FVV played in over Christmas break and become the embodiment (or poor man's version) of the kid from Rockford, Illinois (and get his hands on 1-2 steals a game; SHJ needs to keep being the new SHJ (and get his hands on 1-2 steals a game), Poor Bear needs to have a designated teammate who will slap him in the face 5 times before he heads out to the court; Mark needs to drop the ***** fadeaways and keep heading downhill when he has the ball (minimal dribbling); Burton needs to regain his mojo and focus on rebounding, on-ball defense, and cutting hard because he knows how to finish; Udeze - Stop Cadillac'ing! I watched you do this over the summer too. Dunk the ball GD'it!

And Erik... you just keep bein' you boy. <3 <3 <3 You carry the torch now bro.

T

While I agree with all your points, I think we are a year away from seeing the culmination of all these talents.

Comment

Seeing RT hit some shots out of the offense the other day was the first sign, to me, that we have some potential this year. We have to have a floor general that is a perimeter threat as well. He seems to be starting to get it out there. Also, as far as ES goes, my kids have been annoyed by me all year in how big of a fan of ES I am. Dude is simply a gamer. Yeah, he could hit more shots. But I just love the dudes attitude. Gotta have him on the court.

Comment

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m with you on Stevenson; he’s going to be getting some crowd pleasing throw-downs soon. He’s been close (see small photo below) and it’s only a matter of time. The kid has an attitude and can jump!

https://thesunflower.com/wp-content/...aylor_JB-9.jpg

This one would have been nasty!!

https://goshockers.com/images/2018/1...chor=topcenter

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              His vertical has got to be sick. He isn't that tall at all.

T

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe his father is 6’-9”; maybe ES has a few more inches to grow. Yikes!

Marksman McDuffie - I like that name

Comment

Don't underestimate how bad Oral Roberts is.

The first 5 games of conference play is a gauntlet. Temper your expectations.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• shocks02
                shocks02 commented
                Editing a comment
                I thought ORU really hustled and made some tough shots. If they would've came in here and laid down like teams have in the past, we could have easily won by 30+.

• C0|dB|00ded
                C0|dB|00ded commented
                Editing a comment
                Naw, ORU played well. They were LIGHT YEARS beyond Rice.

Marshall called this our most complete game of the season (of which I agree). We had to battle for 75% of the game before it opened up.

T

Whether we win or lose, I just want the other team to really hate playing us.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                C0|dB|00ded commented
                Editing a comment
                That's the Play Angry Shockers. It got to the point where teams would give up within 5 minutes because they had absolutely no desire to endure the smothering defense they were about to face. Of course those were Valley teams but still... Marshall teams impose their will and it's pure effort.

"Marshall teams" do to others what Houston did to us down in Smog City. fml

T

• WstateU
                WstateU commented
                Editing a comment
                Just ask Sean Miller at Arizona.

I think it is just too early to know what we have...and, I think HCGM feels exactly the same way. Having said that, even though there are a LOT of corners to turn and answers to obtain, I feel good about the guys on the floor. JE is impressing me and ES is a quality Shocker. RT seems to be starting to click. I'm still not expecting much for this year and we'll lost a lot in MM next year. But, I like the ATTITUDE of these guys. That makes up for a lot. I don't think they will ever play as bad of a game as they played against OU. There will be steps forward and steps back...but sky is brighter than it was just a few weeks back.
              Last edited by Singeril; December 21, 2018, 02:24 PM.

Comment

A word of caution to all Shocker fans. We may expect to see a deterioration of performance mid-to-end of January as the many freshman hit what I call "the freshman wall." They are usually okay coming back from Christmas break for a game or two or three, but then the rigors of summer workouts, weight room workouts, pre-season practice and the non-conference schedule all accumulate into much more than they've ever experienced before. Hopefully that "lull" will be short-lived, but I do expect it to happen, expecially with so many freshman that it might appear as if it is a team thing, but it really is individual.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I would use extreme caution making a prediction based on one game vs. 2-10 Oral Roberts.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                    C0|dB|00ded commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm actually making a prediction based on ORU and VCU. If you read closely, all the hope I've brought to this thread goes straight down the crapper if I don't see Play Angry up in Richmond.

T

Whelp, looks like Shocker fans are going to have a so-so Christmas. But, no matter how bad ours is, it won't even come close to the players'. In my worst nightmare I couldn't have imagined that Jaime would go down with a major injury. A loss at VCU but a decent effort (and no major injuries) might have garnered a 2-2 prediction through the first 4 games, but as it stands without Jaime, we will likely go 0-4.

To be brutally honest... naw, I'm not gonna be brutally honest. Fasten your seatbelts kids - especially you bandwagoners - 'tis going to be a very bumpy ride.

T

Comment

We will miss JE for sure, but it is going to give some valuable minutes to our other young bigs. Now that is going to be a mixed blessing, but I look forward to watching MU get extended playing time. I thought he showed some fire against VCU.
                    Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...
                    X