Shockers in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I know how it would compute to today...39%. The NBA line is 22 and 23 inches depending on where you shoot from.
    So 19’9” equals 22 and 23’? I don’t think so and certainly not scientific. The 39% that he shot in 2016 was from a shorter distance than today. Today, he is a different athlete. Bigger, stronger, and perhaps other variables.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

So 19’9” equals 22 and 23’? I don’t think so and certainly not scientific. The 39% that he shot in 2016 was from a shorter distance than today. Today, he is a different athlete. Bigger, stronger, and perhaps other variables.
      I imagine once you get past a certain age, strength to shoot the ball isn’t much of a factor. He may be stronger and has perfected his game but he’s still the same guy. The stuff he does in the NBA now he did at WSU.

If he shot 39% over four years at WSU and 39% in 3+ years in the NBA I think it’s pretty safe to assume he would hit about 39% from a distance in between. One of traits that makes him so special is his consistency.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I imagine once you get past a certain age, strength to shoot the ball isn’t much of a factor. He may be stronger and has perfected his game but he’s still the same guy. The stuff he does in the NBA now he did at WSU.

If he shot 39% over four years at WSU and 39% in 3+ years in the NBA I think it’s pretty safe to assume he would hit about 39% from a distance in between. One of traits that makes him so special is his consistency.
        Yep. Plenty of sample size there.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

He's better now because he's done nothing but basketball full time for 5 straight years. No finals to interfere with improving his game. No one would dispute that.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Four products of Kansas colleges have had 50-point games in the NBA.
            Wilt
            Fred
            Paul Pierce
            Walt Wesley

I had to pour through the bios of names I didn't recognize on this list:

https://www.basketball-reference.com...ost-times.html

I might add that Pierce and Wesley each only did it once, and each time it was 50. So Fred has them beat.
            Last edited by RoyalShock; February 5, 2021, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• While Fred had a sub-par 3 point shooting night, he still had a good state line with 11 total points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals and 2 blocks. He is averaging almost a block per game. How does he do that?

Landry had a good game in the win vs the Raptors. 4-9 from 3, 12 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists in 22 minutes.

Comment

• The “blocks” could actually be steal”. Depends on what the official scorer thinks the offensive player was doing at the time. More impressive stat line on the night was kyrie with zero points and only one shot late in the fourth. Fred says “hello!”

Comment

• Fred can play some defense too. Ask the Warriors SCurry?

Comment

• Saturday Fred with 25 points, 10-11 FT , 10:assists and two turnovers
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Landry with 22 last night in 33 minutes. Got up 13 3's and hit 5. Glad he is getting minutes after several dnp-cd a few games ago.

Comment

• Landry had another good night last night. Played the most minutes of any non-starter (28). 13 points (5-9 shooting, 3-6 from deep) with 2 rebounds, 2 assists, a steal and a block. I will contend as I did when the Harden trade happened that this team will need a spot up shooter type role player to carry them to the chip.

Averaging 11.2 points while shooting 40.3% from deep the last 10 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                          Landry had another good night last night. Played the most minutes of any non-starter (28). 13 points (5-9 shooting, 3-6 from deep) with 2 rebounds, 2 assists, a steal and a block. I will contend as I did when the Harden trade happened that this team will need a spot up shooter type role player to carry them to the chip.

Averaging 11.2 points while shooting 40.3% from deep the last 10 games.
                          Well to be fair..that's Joe Harris. Once Kryie and KD are back healthy (which at this rate isn't guaranteed) - he's going to play sporadic minutes off the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Well to be fair..that's Joe Harris. Once Kryie and KD are back healthy (which at this rate isn't guaranteed) - he's going to play sporadic minutes off the bench.
                            We shall see. Harris is more of a SF who can step out and shoot it. There is plenty of minutes to go around. Will LS be getting 28 minutes a game when KD and Kyrie are back? No, but 12-15 is plenty for him to make an impact. I am not saying he is going to be MVP.

Comment

• Watched the second half; Landry made the defense stop on D. Booker to save the day. They were down 24 when I started watching and Landry was solid and I don’t recall him coming out of the game the last 15 minutes.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Shamet scored a career high 30 last night. He's averaged 21.5 in his last four games.

Comment

Working...
                                X