No announcement yet.

Shockers in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to Vanvleet on the shoe deal. Recruiting is looking a bit easier after this week.

Comment

• Something happened between #'s 1-3 and # 4

1. Not Quick enough, athletic enough or big enough
      2. Borderline top-100 guy out of High School
      3. Commits to WSU
      4. Undrafted Free Agent- still not quick enough, not athletic enough or big enough
      5. Starting PG for NBA champion looking at next year's contract probably worth $20 mill a year

Must be something going on there that overcomes a low ranking out of HS (for a future NBA starter), and a bunch of factors that are supposed to limit possibilities in the NBA, but still got that guy into the NBA.

Hmmm - what could it be?
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        Something happened between #'s 1-3 and # 4

1. Not Quick enough, athletic enough or big enough
        2. Borderline top-100 guy out of High School
        3. Commits to WSU
        4. Undrafted Free Agent- still not quick enough, not athletic enough or big enough
        5. Starting PG for NBA champion looking at next year's contract probably worth $20 mill a year

Must be something going on there that overcomes a low ranking out of HS (for a future NBA starter), and a bunch of factors that are supposed to limit possibilities in the NBA, but still got that guy into the NBA.

Hmmm - what could it be?
        He’s on a mission from God.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Comment

• Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Fred signs endorsement deal with AND1. (my apologies if this has already beeN posted on SN.)

https://clutchpoints.com/raptors-new...al-with-and-1/

“Yes… yes… yes!”

Comment

• Who was the poster here that spent the better part of 3 years telling everyone that while Fred was great, he'd never play in the NBA, and has Fred sent that poster a thank you for the inspiration?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Who was the poster here that spent the better part of 3 years telling everyone that while Fred was great, he'd never play in the NBA, and has Fred sent that poster a thank you for the inspiration?
                  I don't think I was that guy Doc, but I had my reservations whether Fred would stick on a roster. Don't count on me for financial, relationship, fashion or whether a rafter-worthy Fred will make it in the league advice. You want to know what sipping whiskey is the finest, or if Rick and Marty are gonna overcome the curse of Oak Island, I am your guy.

Comment

• I too thought Fred was too small/unathletic to get more than a cup of coffee in the association. I was not THAT poster, however.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Who was the poster here that spent the better part of 3 years telling everyone that while Fred was great, he'd never play in the NBA, and has Fred sent that poster a thank you for the inspiration?
                      Jamar Howard for President . I am hardly an expert on NBA talent, but I always thought there was a shot and said so on this fine forum. If Makel can have a cup of coffee in the NBA , I certainly thought FVV could.

Comment

Someone that spoons Doug Gottlieb?

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          I too thought Fred was too small/unathletic to get more than a cup of coffee in the association. I was not THAT poster, however.
                          Ditto

Comment

• I think several fit into that category; never been happier to be proven wrong!

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                              I think several fit into that category; never been happier to be proven wrong!
                              I would guess the majority of this forum questioned his likelihood to make it in the league. But there was one person ( ABC has it right) that I couldn't remember that went out of his way to cross examine every comment made regarding Fred and the NBA and stated more than a few times that Fred had no chance and if you thought otherwise, you were dead wrong.

Comment

I would guess the majority of this forum questioned his likelihood to make it in the league. But there was one person ( ABC has it right) that I couldn't remember that went out of his way to cross examine every comment made regarding Fred and the NBA and stated more than a few times that Fred had no chance and if you thought otherwise, you were dead wrong.
                                I remember that well... there's always 'that' guy. I attended the BYU game at the Sprint Center when I believe Fred was a sophomore. A former college basketball player sat near me and said Fred is one of the best 'true' point guards he's seen... crafty, high BB IQ, sees the floor and makes everyone around him better. He said Fred had NBA skills and talent. I still had my doubts, but the undefeated season convinced me Fred would play at the next level... the comeback in Springfield was 'vintage' Fred.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X