• Show
Clear All

• Damn Russian judges

Comment

• Kung Wu
      Kung Wu commented
      Editing a comment
      hahahaha

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Come on Landry, you can do better than that. Throw that minnow back.

• Watch "Landry Shamet All 167 Three-Pointers Full Highlights (2018-19 Season Three-ilation)" on YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by California Shocker View Post
      Watch "Landry Shamet All 167 Three-Pointers Full Highlights (2018-19 Season Three-ilation)" on YouTube
      https://youtu.be/tEI4WXoZk3A
      BINGO!

Comment

• Originally posted by California Shocker View Post
        Watch "Landry Shamet All 167 Three-Pointers Full Highlights (2018-19 Season Three-ilation)" on YouTube
        https://youtu.be/tEI4WXoZk3A
        I counted one off the backboard, time clock expiring and over-tightly defended; two rim rattlers, the others were swishes, including six "and-ones."
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

I counted one off the backboard, time clock expiring and over-tightly defended; two rim rattlers, the others were swishes, including six "and-ones."
          You need a girlfriend!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

You need a girlfriend!
            Way too old and married for that
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

I kid, I kid.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• SI's College Basketball All-Decade Team: Third Team - Sports Illustrated

The SI Staff
                Sports IllustratedSep 30, 2019, 6:46 AM

"Welcome to SI's college basketball All-Decade package, wrapping the best of the best from the 2010s. All week long, we'll be looking back on the last 10 years in college hoops and the players and teams that shaped them. There are countless players who left their mark on the sport, whether for a season, career, or fleeting March moment, but only the best of the best can earn a spot on our All-Decade teams, voted on by a panel of SI writers. First up, we present SI's men's college basketball Third Team, made up of a two-time NCAA champion, two Spartans, a Jayhawk and a mid-major standout.

Shabazz Napier, UConn - 2010s Seasons Played: 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2013–14
                Frank Mason, Kansas - 2010s Seasons Played: 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17
                Draymond Green, Michigan State - 2010s Seasons Played: 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12
                Denzel Valentine, Michigan State - 2010s Seasons Played: 2012–13, 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16
                Fred VanVleet, Wichita State - 2010s Seasons Played: 2012–13, 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16
                image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn-s3.si.com%2Fimages%2Fall-decade-fred-vanvleet.jpg&w=1000&f=jpg&q=80.jpg

​​​​​​​VanVleet’s résumé isn’t rife with counting stats and individual accolades, but his place at the helm and at the heart of four memorable Wichita State teams that helped shift the paradigm for mid-major programs carries a great deal of weight. The Shockers went 121–24 over four years, in which he never missed a game. They made the Sweet 16 three times, the Final Four once and nearly ran off an undefeated 2013–14 season that ended in the narrowest of losses to Kentucky. It was a memorable era defined by VanVleet’s unselfish playmaking, consistent perimeter shooting and tone-setting defense as a constant.

Van Vleet was frequently at his best when it mattered, from the dagger he hit as a true freshman to help down No. 1 Gonzaga in the second round, to outplaying Ohio State’s Aaron Craft two games later to help clinch a Final Four berth. Over the following three years as a full-time starter, his assist to turnover ratio was 3.4, he averaged nearly two steals per game, and he emerged as one of the less-heralded, yet most effective players in college hoops. There’s nothing overly flashy on the résumé here, but it’s tough to argue with VanVleet’s body of work, the quality of his play and Wichita State’s place as one of the most successful programs of the era. —Jeremy Woo"

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                  SI's College Basketball All-Decade Team: Third Team - Sports Illustrated

The SI Staff

"Welcome to SI's college basketball All-Decade package, wrapping the best of the best from the 2010s. All week long, we'll be looking back on the last 10 years in college hoops and the players and teams that shaped them. There are countless players who left their mark on the sport, whether for a season, career, or fleeting March moment, but only the best of the best can earn a spot on our All-Decade teams, voted on by a panel of SI writers. First up, we present SI's men's college basketball Third Team, made up of a two-time NCAA champion, two Spartans, a Jayhawk and a mid-major standout.

Shabazz Napier, UConn - 2010s Seasons Played: 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2013–14
                  Draymond Green, Michigan State - 2010s Seasons Played: 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12
                  Denzel Valentine, Michigan State - 2010s Seasons Played: 2012–13, 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16
                  Fred VanVleet, Wichita State - 2010s Seasons Played: 2012–13, 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16
                  image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn-s3.si.com%2Fimages%2Fall-decade-fred-vanvleet.jpg&w=1000&f=jpg&q=80.jpg

​​​​​​​VanVleet’s résumé isn’t rife with counting stats and individual accolades, but his place at the helm and at the heart of four memorable Wichita State teams that helped shift the paradigm for mid-major programs carries a great deal of weight. The Shockers went 121–24 over four years, in which he never missed a game. They made the Sweet 16 three times, the Final Four once and nearly ran off an undefeated 2013–14 season that ended in the narrowest of losses to Kentucky. It was a memorable era defined by VanVleet’s unselfish playmaking, consistent perimeter shooting and tone-setting defense as a constant.

Van Vleet was frequently at his best when it mattered, from the dagger he hit as a true freshman to help down No. 1 Gonzaga in the second round, to outplaying Ohio State’s Aaron Craft two games later to help clinch a Final Four berth. Over the following three years as a full-time starter, his assist to turnover ratio was 3.4, he averaged nearly two steals per game, and he emerged as one of the less-heralded, yet most effective players in college hoops. There’s nothing overly flashy on the résumé here, but it’s tough to argue with VanVleet’s body of work, the quality of his play and Wichita State’s place as one of the most successful programs of the era. —Jeremy Woo"
                  Loved that Fred made the article, however, there's some facts/stats that need cleaning up.

Comment

It would improve your sex life, but harm your net worth.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Preseason
                      Clippers vs Rockets
                      Light them up Landry! Fox Sports West if anyone is still up.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                        SI's College Basketball All-Decade Team: Third Team - Sports Illustrated

The SI Staff

VanVleet’s résumé isn’t rife with counting stats and individual accolades, but his place at the helm and at the heart of four memorable Wichita State teams that helped shift the paradigm for mid-major programs carries a great deal of weight. The Shockers went 121–24 over four years, in which he never missed a game. They made the Sweet 16 three times, the Final Four once and nearly ran off an undefeated 2013–14 season that ended in the narrowest of losses to Kentucky. It was a memorable era defined by VanVleet’s unselfish playmaking, consistent perimeter shooting and tone-setting defense as a constant.

If the bolded part was true, there would be a handful more wins AND probably another sweet 16 or final 4 in there.

Comment

• Comment

• Fred stsrted, played 28 minutes, 5-10 FG, 2-6 three, 4-4 FT, 5 rebounds, 5 Assists, 3 Steals and 2 Turnovers. Reaptoe 134-129 over Houston

Comment

Working...
                            X