No announcement yet.

Shockers in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would LOVE TO see Ron get signed. However, as Doc noted, I take zero stock with a tweet from some rando.

Comment

• Does anyone have an actual update on Baker? What has he been up to? Any prospects on him landing overseas?

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      I follow him on Instagram and he appears to be enjoying his life; I don't see many basketball related posts, but hopefully *LeBron will get him back on track.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oxRmr...zgFW/giphy.gif

P.S. *He'll need all horses in the stable to derail KL and the Clippers...

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
    LOL. I do seem to recall that K.Leonard strength at San Diego State was not 3 point shooting. He seem to grab every freaking rebound and slice to the basket for put backs.
    ​​​​​
    25% in two years, but did improve from 20 to 29% the second year.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Wichita State should become some sort Guard Hub.
      With Fred winning the Championship and getting a vote for MVP, now Landry surviving epic trade and possibly starting on a Title contender is beyond fantastic for our recruiting.

Comment

• Good luck to Landry next season; maybe Leonard and George will both be healthy enough often enough to pay off. If so, it could be the Clips' year.

In the long run, though, as Doc noted elsewhere, OKC got an unbelievable haul in return for what they gave up. The Clippers had better really make their window of opportunity count.

Comment

• Comment

• KSUUWSU
            KSUUWSU commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s about time. Now go out and play ball!

• Wouldn't have recognized him. HAHAHA

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
              His new look is also skinnier.

Comment

• Per a few articles out there on Nets fan sites, it looks like they are close to signing Ron to a two-way contract for the upcoming year. If he doesn't do that, he will sign with a club in Russia and head overseas.
                "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Sounds like he could make significantly more money with the Russian team, but more NBA opportunity with the Nets.

https://www.netsdaily.com/2019/7/17/...g-on-ron-baker

"Per NBA rules, teams are permitted sign two players to two-way contracts in addition to the 15-man regular season roster. A two-way player for the Nets will play primarily with the Long Island Nets but can spend up to 45 days with Brooklyn, not including any time prior to the start of Long Island’s training camp and at the conclusion of their season.

One can imagine the Nets see Baker is as injury protection. Unlike a rookie, he could easily move into the rotation if a guard or two go down."
                Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; July 17, 2019, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• Fred inspiring others to bet on themselves.

Comment

• If I were Ron, I would bet on red (get it?). I love the guy, but I'm not sure if he's an NBA-caliber player unless he's just barely hanging on a 15-man roster
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Take the money, marry a hot Russian girl Ron. Playing G league is not the same as the NBA.

Comment

• Cdizzle
                        Cdizzle commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Living in Russia is not the same as the USA, either.

• If Baker can get his 3 to start dropping, he's back in the league. He knows it. His agent knows it.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                    X