Shockers in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wooglin View Post

He was born, raised and went to college in southern California. I see it more of a homecoming than ego.
    Paul George is also a California boy.

Comment

• I can see this happening. Both are from California and the LA area. Good move for the clippers. Hope Laundry finds a good role and wins a championship.

Comment

• Landry will still be a starter. Patrick Beverley becomes the PG. Lou Williams continues to get big minutes off the bench.

Comment

• Horn28Clem30
          Horn28Clem30 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not the way it was sounding watching coverage this weekend, he's going to be with the second unit.

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          You don't usually put your best 'pure' shooter on the second unit... I've also seen him projected as a starter.

• Originally posted by Sam Axe View Post
        Landry will still be a starter. Patrick Beverley becomes the PG. Lou Williams continues to get big minutes off the bench.
        It will be interesting to see how Williams responds to full Leonard isolation mode.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Landry is with his set up 3 point shooting skills will benefit the most from a team who isolates Leonard with the ball and requires him to make the play. The defense comes to stop him and Landry sets up for an op n three. With the way they probably use KL as a point forward, Landry may fit perfectly as a point guard who has shooting skills.

Comment

• So the Clippers are at 7/2 odds to win the NBA title next season.

Former Wichita State guard Landry Shamet will have a solid chance to win an NBA Championship next season. Early Saturday morning, free agent forward and defending NBA Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard announced his decision to sign with the Los Angeles Clippers. On an even more surprising note that shocked the league, the Clippers and Oklahoma...

Comment

• Comment

• Baker vs Shamet? Sounds fun.

Comment

• Wow the Lakers are scared! The competition has heated up in TinselTown. Gotta get a defensive stopper for that Landry guy ya know.

Go Landry!!!
                  Go Ron!!!
                  GO SHOCKS!!!!!!
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Coming out of WSU I would not have thought the 3-ball would be an issue with Ron. What a text book looking stroke. Come on Ron, stroke it!!!

Comment

• proshox
                      proshox commented
                      Editing a comment
                      His three point shooting always seemed erratic after the first 15 games of his red shirt sophomore season. I always chalked it up to him putting so much effort on defense.

• ShockingButTrue
                      ShockingButTrue commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Would have to agree. When Ron starred at WSU his MO seemed to be he was a good "all-around" player, and I think that's a fair observation. There has been several 3 ball shooters more accomplished under GGG, but they weren't possessors of the quantity of "tools" that Baker had/has.

Prolific 3 pt. shooter? Not that I ever noticed. Too unselfish (wish he didn't pass up that 3 against the 'Ville) and slow on the trigger, unlike Markis, who might have a good chance to stick because of that trigger.

• ShockTalk
                      ShockTalk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Actually, Ron shot 3s a lot.....based on WSU 3 point shooters. He is listed as #1 among 3 point shots taken for WSU. 655 attempts compared to #2 Randy Burns who shot 633 attempts in his career. Burns is #1 in made 3s (248) and Ron is #2 (242). While Burns finished #7 in 3pt%, Ron is not in the top 10 of players with at least 3 years played and 100 3s made.

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                    Coming out of WSU I would not have thought the 3-ball would be an issue with Ron. What a text book looking stroke. Come on Ron, stroke it!!!
                    If you saw any of Ron''s highschool videos his 3point shooting looked even better. I got to wonder if some of those injuries are impacting his shooting. I sure hope he regains his stroke because he got everything else in his game.

Comment

• wufan
                      wufan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The shoulder injury surely doesn’t help his range.

• Twitter is taken WAY too seriously. Fake News, I believe, was born on Twitter.

Comment

• shock
                      shock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I assume this is referring to the rockets reported discontent?

• Sure would be neat seeing two of our very recent former Shocker stars end up winning back to back NBA title championships.on separate teams.

Comment

• To reiterate what I suggested on here a couple of years ago, in the hopes that anyone who knew Ron would get it through to him:

Find a guy named Chip Engelland, ask him how much he wants for his time, and pay him.

His credentials are many, but he took a horrendous 2 point college shooter - one of the worst in the draft - and turned him into a sharpshooter. That guy’s name was Kawhi Leonard. If you would have told me that Kawhi would even be allowed to shoot 3s in the NBA after what I saw at San Diego State, I would have told you to find some medication.

Long article if you’re interested:

Behind the scenes in San Antonio, there’s Chip Engelland — the man who has been quietly improving the Spurs’ offense.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                        WSUwatcher commented
                        Editing a comment
                        As a longtime Spurs fan, I remember seeing that article a while back, GN, and offering the same prescription for Baker. Ron may still have some healing to do, but anyone who can both help turn Kawhi Leonard into a 3-pt threat and also help Steve Kerr -- probably the best shooter from beyond the arc of his time in the NBA -- work through a slump has the knack and the breadth of teaching skills to get Ron back into the league to stay.

• LOL. I do seem to recall that K.Leonard strength at San Diego State was not 3 point shooting. He seem to grab every freaking rebound and slice to the basket for put backs.
                      ​​​​​

Comment

• Windiwu
                        Windiwu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Board man gets paid. :)
                    Working...
                    X