No announcement yet.

Shockers in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Freakin FVV has me so fired up, I'd consider buying season tickets to the WSU Tiddlywinks Team if we had one!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Fred VanVleet had a massive impact on the 2019 NBA Finals. How important is it for the Chicago Bulls to find their own version of VanVleet?
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Thanks for finding these articles kcshocker11 ! I never get tired of them.

Comment

• For a free event the Q&A with HCGM and Shamet last night was pretty much unbeatable. Shaq, Orupke, Stutz, John Robert Simon and Barney in attendance.

Landry mentioned his toughest guard has been Lilliard. HCGM said that Lilliard committed to Weber St on his visit and was supposed to visit WSU the following weekend and the plane ticket had already been purchased.

Landry was on his WSU visit and was supposed to visit KSU the following week and at the same time Barry Brown committed to KSU.... rest is history.

Comment

• I apologize if this has been posted before, but I've never seen it. The most detailed media piece I've ever seen on FVV. And to think this was done BEFORE he did what he did in the Finals.
                W5's Peter Akman sits down with Toronto Raptors point guard Fred VanVleet to talk about his remarkable journey to the NBA from his hometown of Rockford, Ill....

Comment

• Unreal to watch this three years later.

Comment

• Man, we are blessed to have such great ambassadors for our program and University in Fred and Landry. And all of the young men who come out of Gregg's program. They all seem like good people. Love seeing this.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                      Man, we are blessed to have such great ambassadors for our program and University in Fred and Landry. And all of the young men who come out of Gregg's program. They all seem like good people. Love seeing this.
                      Excellent for future recruiting trail.

Comment

• Taylor Eldridge: Landry Shamet keeping Shocker ties, as former WSU teammate is training him full-time

(Brett) Barney is helping out with the day-to-day minutiae of Shamet’s schedule, while (J.R.) Simon has left his position as graduate assistant on the WSU men’s basketball team to become Shamet’s full-time trainer this summer with hopes of landing some kind of job in the NBA for this upcoming season.

Shamet said the biggest difference from the college game to NBA is how much bigger, stronger and faster NBA athletes are and the grind of 82-plus games compared to 35-plus games.

Another change for Shamet was taking time off away from basketball. After his first NBA season ended in April, Shamet was advised to take a break.

Comment

• Great story. Hope Simon can land some kind of job with an NBA team.

Comment

• Didn't know if this video had been shared here or not. Love what FVV does for his family.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• WstateU
                              WstateU commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Great way to start my Monday morning... thanks!

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                            Didn't know if this video had been shared here or not. Love what FVV does for his family.

That is literally the dream.

Comment

• Our semi-definitive list of the 10 most important Raptors of all time

7. Fred VanVleet (2016-?)
                              During the 2019 NBA Playoffs, VanVleet—an undrafted, unheralded, undersized guard who played for Wichita State University—put the entire basketball world on notice. Anybody who has paid attention to Fred knew to expect excellent shooting and hustle-filled defence, but against the Bucks and Warriors he took it to another level. After the birth of his son, VanVleet hit 14 three-pointers to send Toronto to the finals. Against Golden State, he doggedly defended Steph Curry—one of the best guards ever—and hit timeless shot after timeless shot. He also got a black eye, a bloody cheek and chipped a tooth.

If you help your team win a championship...#3 should be!

Comment

Working...
                              X